Questions for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: Questions for God
(22-02-2017 06:25 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  I've always wondered...those 72 virgins (or is it raisins)....do they get a choice in the matter, or does the misogyny of the Koran continue into muslim heaven?

If it were 72 raisins that would be hell to me. I hate any kind of fruit.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 06:42 AM
(22-02-2017 06:36 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 06:25 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  I've always wondered...those 72 virgins (or is it raisins)....do they get a choice in the matter, or does the misogyny of the Koran continue into muslim heaven?

If it were 72 raisins that would be hell to me. I hate any kind of fruit.
But fruit is good for you, and everything good goes to heaven. I'll stick with hell, pretty sure that's where chocolate and bacon will be.
22-02-2017, 06:48 AM
All kidding aside... I've seen so many things in 23 years as a Firefighter that would make you question a higher power. That never was my issue since I stopped believing when I was 14. But when you see the things that one human can do to another or the horrible things that happen on a daily basis to innocent people there is just no way to explain away how shitty a creator this so called God is.

"So God... How did you fuck this up so bad?" "Oh... that's right? Eve ate the fucking apple". Let's blame it all on her. But wait... "How did you let the talking snake in the garden in the first place? You couldn't throw up an electric fence? Ah shit... I forgot... Benjamin Franklin invented electricity so it was a few thousand years before you could have done that". Got it.

22-02-2017, 06:50 AM
(22-02-2017 06:42 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  But fruit is good for you, and everything good goes to heaven. I'll stick with hell, pretty sure that's where chocolate and bacon will be.

Mmmmm.... Bacon Bowing

22-02-2017, 07:36 AM
(22-02-2017 06:48 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  All kidding aside... I've seen so many things in 23 years as a Firefighter that would make you question a higher power. That never was my issue since I stopped believing when I was 14. But when you see the things that one human can do to another or the horrible things that happen on a daily basis to innocent people there is just no way to explain away how shitty a creator this so called God is.

"So God... How did you fuck this up so bad?" "Oh... that's right? Eve ate the fucking apple". Let's blame it all on her. But wait... "How did you let the talking snake in the garden in the first place? You couldn't throw up an electric fence? Ah shit... I forgot... Benjamin Franklin invented electricity so it was a few thousand years before you could have done that". Got it.
The whole concept is pure nonsense.

God knew how it would all play out before he poofed the universe into existence. Knew that the majority of 'his children' would fail to make the grade and so be subjected to his chosen punishment of eternal torture. Knew that humans, through his own design, would subject each other to millennia of suffering, quite a lot of that done in his name - so that the survivors could 'get closer' to him (what are a few million starving/cancerous/abused kids between friends, eh). Knew that he would sacrifice his son (who is also himself) in order to absolve 'his children' of sleights that happened thousands of years previously, which of course he knew would happen (as opposed to, you know, just admitting he fucked up and letting bygones be bygones).

He could have just skipped all of that and created his heaven playmates just as he wanted them to be and installed them directly in heaven, rather than making humanity endure this contrived selection process...instead of designing a deliberately imperfect creation, and punishing it for being imperfect (unless you say the magic words, that is).

But he didn't. Apparently. For....reasons.

Snakes on a plane had a better plot line than this.
22-02-2017, 08:06 AM
(22-02-2017 07:36 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  The whole concept is pure nonsense.

God knew how it would all play out before he poofed the universe into existence. Knew that the majority of 'his children' would fail to make the grade and so be subjected to his chosen punishment of eternal torture. Knew that humans, through his own design, would subject each other to millennia of suffering, quite a lot of that done in his name - so that the survivors could 'get closer' to him (what are a few million starving/cancerous/abused kids between friends, eh). Knew that he would sacrifice his son (who is also himself) in order to absolve 'his children' of sleights that happened thousands of years previously, which of course he knew would happen (as opposed to, you know, just admitting he fucked up and letting bygones be bygones).

He could have just skipped all of that and created his heaven playmates just as he wanted them to be and installed them directly in heaven, rather than making humanity endure this contrived selection process...instead of designing a deliberately imperfect creation, and punishing it for being imperfect (unless you say the magic words, that is).

But he didn't. Apparently. For....reasons.

Snakes on a plane had a better plot line than this.

Agreed

22-02-2017, 09:21 AM
(22-12-2016 08:54 AM)Warts And All Wrote:  OK god, if you're so goddam smart, why did you have the Jews make the menorah with seven heads. Philo Judaeus asserts they represent the seven planets which included the moon and sun.

Why did you not instead have the Jews form the menorah with nine heads and make the center one removable so that when the Neil DeGrasse-Tyson and the IAU demoted Pluto from planet to dwarf planet then the menorah would still correctly represent the solar system? After all, your scriptures tell us that dwarfs are not pure.

You see, god, this would have become a legitimate piece of evidence for your existence, however paltry. Then we wouldn't need Ken Ham and other con artists to invent circular arguments for your existence.

As Bugs Bunny used to say (and we have actual film footage of his existence): "WHAT A MOROON!"

It would seem logical to me that the seven branches have to do with seven days of the week. Judaism's calendar is grouped in seven days, then seven years, and finally seven sets of seven years. The calendar of human time is seven sets of 1,000 years and the periods of creation are also grouped into seven.

I've never heard thar it might be related to planets. What justification does Philo Judaeus use to arrive at his conclusion?