Questions for Uwon (a new theist to the site)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 01:38 PM by kingschosen.)
Questions for Uwon (a new theist to the site)
I made this thread as to not inundate the intro thread with theological talk.

Anyway Uwon, you said to Chas:

(11-10-2012 11:00 AM)Uwon Wrote:  Hi Chas, maby nothing maby everything...God knows one soul is worth more than the whole world, this just happen to be a place where I'm almost sure to speak to some one who do not know God. Also in this way i can find some insight in the way Atheists think and how to help such a one.

Why do you think atheists need your help?

Next, you addressed me:

(11-10-2012 11:45 AM)Uwon Wrote:  Hi there Kingschosen,
The Theism I belong to or you could say Theological point of view would be the kind prescribed by the Bible when you take it literally and believe what it say. I would say that for me it is not mere theory but reality.

So, I'm assuming that you are a Young Earth Creationist? Do you believe the Bible in the totality of the literal sense?

Quote:God is real to me. I do think that this is above the natural but goes into the supernatural and thus frustrate the natural mindset and is in need of something called faith or the enlightening of God's Spirit in order to comprehend correctly.

What does this mean? What are you trying to comprehend correctly? God?

You believe that we can comprehend an infinite being when we are only finite? If so, wouldn't that make us on par with God?

Quote:Yet I think that there is enough evidence and logic built into the framework of the universe,history and life DNA and especially the Bible for the natural mind to be convinced of the existence of a supernatural God who has in fact revealed Himself through the ages and this communication can pinned down and be found in the Bible.

Many others would disagree. The evidence you're talking about has scientific explanations. The Bible isn't a reliable source of history or a secular authority; therefore, logically speaking, it is quite the opposite of what you say. The Bible and the natural world isn't enough to convince any one person of the existence of God.

Stories in the Bible aren't considered factual history by the secular world and you cannot use that as a standard.

God reveals Himself to individuals through different means. If God hasn't revealed Himself to someone, another person's anecdotal evidence is a very poor tool for convincing.

Quote:One key thing that make my "Theism" different is that I believe in the Grace of God, which is contrary to any other religion who uses a merit system (something like good works, self empowerment est.) to climb the ladder to the ultimate state.

Most Christian denominations believe this. This isn't uncommon.

Quote:As prescribed by the Bible, Salvation is by grace, freely received from God through the payment made by the blood of God through Jesus Christ who also is God and becoming a Child of God or by being spiritually reborn, all Gods doing when a person simply ask God to "save" him.

This is Arminianism... a whole new can of worms.

Quote:I guess I could try to describe to you point by point, but I'll be merciful and leave it with that and you can ask me if there is something else.
By the way what is your philosophy or particular Atheism, Theism view.

It's not a problem. We are here to learn.

I'm a Christian. More specifically a Calvinist - Amillennialist - Evolutionary Creationist.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Questions for Uwon (a new theist to the site)
Well this was a waste of perfectly good thread.

11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Big Grin RE: Questions for Uwon (a new theist to the site)
(11-10-2012 04:14 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Well this was a waste of perfectly good thread.

Hey, when life gives you lemons, perform experiments on them! Big Grin

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
11-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Welcome, Uwon.

I appreciate your concern for our well-being. What help do you offer us?

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Uwon, your delusions are fun to read. Imagine if you will, a person walking down the street and in his mind he had over 100 different superstitions to account for. He would stop and carefully not step on a crack, touch every pole for luck, knock on any wood nearby and another 97 other imaginary obstacles in his path that someone convinced him that he must do in order for him to avoid some other imaginary harm that might come his way. Uwon, you are that man. All the atheists walking down the sidewalk going about their day unencumbered by these imaginary shackles are US. This is how we are different.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
(11-10-2012 05:03 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Uwon, your delusions are fun to read. Imagine if you will, a person walking down the street and in his mind he had over 100 different superstitions to account for. He would stop and carefully not step on a crack, touch every pole for luck, knock on any wood nearby and another 97 other imaginary obstacles in his path that someone convinced him that he must do in order for him to avoid some other imaginary harm that might come his way. Uwon, you are that man. All the atheists walking down the sidewalk going about their day unencumbered by these imaginary shackles are US. This is how we are different.

All good points. But, I do believe Uwon is most likely a woman. Tongue

EDIT: Or...I'm stupid and reading too many threads at once and getting confused. Weeping

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

11-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Once again, we find a peculiar writing style... not dissimilar to some we've seen before.
Same person?
Same teacher?
Same delusion?
Same truth?

Hehehe.

11-10-2012, 05:59 PM
(11-10-2012 05:52 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Once again, we find a peculiar writing style... not dissimilar to some we've seen before.
Same person?
Same teacher?
Same delusion?
Same truth?

Hehehe.

Are you thinking the same person I'm thinking?.... Kc are you sockpuppeting again! Tongue
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
11-10-2012, 06:07 PM
(11-10-2012 05:59 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Are you thinking the same person I'm thinking?.... Kc are you sockpuppeting again! Tongue

Has this happened before? Linkies?

11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Oooh that kc is a well known trouble maker Tongue