Questions for candidate for Prime Minister of Canada

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Questions for candidate for Prime Minister of Canada
Ok so I'm going to see Jack Layton, the leader of the NDP, this morning, and would like to know if anyone has any questions for him. I should have posted this sooner.
Its 8:44 now and I have to be there for 10 O'clock, so think fast!

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2011, 07:13 PM

RE: Questions for candidate for Prime Minister of Canada
(25-04-2011 05:45 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Ok so I'm going to see Jack Layton, the leader of the NDP, this morning, and would like to know if anyone has any questions for him. I should have posted this sooner.
Its 8:44 now and I have to be there for 10 O'clock, so think fast!
Sorry I was not able to get to you sooner, but I just signed up today and saw this message. How was your visit with Jack? I would say that Jack's (and the National NDP Party's) lack of experience in forming a government is one question he will have to respond to. The others would have been how he proposes to pay for all the election promises while we are trying to regain lost jobs from the last recession - seems to fly in the face of running up a larger deficit while raising taxes to pay for it all. Jack may very well end up being the official opposition the way the Grits are headed under Mr. Ignatieff. If you have the time, I'd like to hear how what you thought of Jack and the NDP.
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Well it was only about a half hour, he got everyone cheering, got them booing the conservatives and liberals, and basically all he said was that he is here to fight for everyones jobs and everyone hes talked to agree that the NDP is what Canada needs to make a change in Ottawa.
Being that I am a newly enlisted serviceman I wanted to ask him what he thinks the future looks like for the Canadian military and what he would do for military personnel like me.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

25-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Well let me say thank you for service. What branch are you in? I haven't actually looked into what each party is saying about military funding, pensions for servicemen, etc. Not sure if Jack is your man, but definitely doing a little homework on if you're choosing this as a career path. Very different than being in the civil service. Best wishes to you.
26-04-2011, 04:18 AM
(25-04-2011 11:20 PM)Michael Ainsworth Wrote:  Well let me say thank you for service. What branch are you in? I haven't actually looked into what each party is saying about military funding, pensions for servicemen, etc. Not sure if Jack is your man, but definitely doing a little homework on if you're choosing this as a career path. Very different than being in the civil service. Best wishes to you.

Army, I'm in for life. Or at least until I'm too old to be in the army anymore.
I'm just a supply tech, but I want to re-enlist with military police. Anyway, enough about me Tongue

I know Jack Layton wants to use Harpers new jet money to buy new naval ships, to be honest, we could use it. Our ships are nearing the end of their operational lives.

26-04-2011, 04:31 AM

Navy ships probably a better choice for Canada than airplanes - assuming we do one or the other. We need both. Anyway, best wishes for your career choice.
26-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Thanks dude, I'd really like to know what all the parties see for the future of the armed forces. I heard a while ago that Harper wanted to decrease the pay of all servicemen.

26-04-2011, 04:49 AM

That's not an assumption I'd make and would research that one some more. I think the political and economic reality (for all parties) is that military pay is not going to improve in Canada until the economy does as well.
29-04-2011, 03:39 PM
One thing an NDP government would probably do for service personnel is make sure their ailments, traumas and wounds are properly treated - conservatives usually don't. Another thing might be not to send them into unnecessary, hopeless wars in the first place. That would be my preference.

However, the NDP isn't likely to for the government and create policy - but maybe they will be able to stop the harpoons doing too much damage.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I agree with Peterkin...if you want your government to give a shit about the average soldier, working person, parent, student, etc., then you have to vote NDP. Otherwise you're voting for Big Business Red or Blue. And if you think Big Business represents anyone but themselves, you are sorely mistaken.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin