Questions for closet-atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: Questions for closet-atheists
Thanks for all of your replies, hope to see more.

(08-02-2012 09:17 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 01:21 PM)GageIbbetson Wrote:  Then at what point did you decide to finally tell your family (if you're that far yet)?

Every situation is different. No one can tell you how to do this.
The only suggestion I have is to think deeply about your situation, then do what you must.

You read and replied to something I did not write.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, i've been having loads of doubts ever since i started college
and the more i learned about islam i wanted it not to be true, but i kept my doubts repressed for a while
a friend of mine did help nudging me along by pointing out how illogical the concept of god is especially the islamic version of him
and then i just contemplated for a year just thinking about it whenever i was bored. One day i got on youtube and stumbled upon TTA's videos which got me seriously thinking then i typed in the search "why the quran is false"
and i got loads of videos showing the inconsistencies of the quran weeks later i admitted to myself that i was an atheist.
i didnt come out to my folks though, it might ruin my financial future or turn into some physical violence.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
14-02-2012, 05:08 PM
"When you first began searching for truths (or the lack of them) finding more out about the religion of your family, what important bits of information really lead you from your faith to atheism? Then at what point did you decide to finally tell your family (if you're that far yet)?"
I actually read the bible. First time. Haven't told my folks yet tho.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.