Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
20-04-2010, 11:56 AM

RE: Questions for martinb59
(20-04-2010 10:55 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Okay that's it Martinb I am tired of your personal attacks. That is like the third time you attacked me. I am used to it from a few people on campus, but you have joined their ranks of making me really angry. Calling me ignorant!!! I have a 3.2 GPA in college. Call me ignorant now. I am right! There is polytheism get over it. I sometimes make typos because between studying and baseball I am worn out. Do you know anything about college? I am sick of your personal attacks.

Now I get a turn...
You need to get a life. I mean your total goal seems to attack atheist. What do you do besides get on these threads and upset people? Everytime I log on there is like a million post from you.

Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or chooses to subjectively ignore information. This should not be confused with being unintelligent, as one's level of intelligence and level of education or general awareness are not the same. When it comes to the Bible you are ignorant. Not an attack, just the truth.
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:Quote:
it was stating what was going on at the time, and that was polytheism which was condemned.

Yet, according to the Bible, your god never denied the existence of other gods. The only thing he said was not to worship them. That's all that we're saying, martin, and you have agreed with it in previous posts. So what are you fighting against here?

LOL.... I've been trying to point that out...
20-04-2010, 12:16 PM

(20-04-2010 11:58 AM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  
Quote:Quote:
it was stating what was going on at the time, and that was polytheism which was condemned.

Yet, according to the Bible, your god never denied the existence of other gods. The only thing he said was not to worship them. That's all that we're saying, martin, and you have agreed with it in previous posts. So what are you fighting against here?

LOL.... I've been trying to point that out...

Then I am not making myself clear or you are not understanding. What the Bible is validating is the peoples belief in gods, not that those gods existed or are real.
20-04-2010, 12:16 PM

Ok here we go!

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, "What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" 14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."' 15 Moreover God said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: "The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.' ((Notice all the references to being the god of so and so... not just being THE GOD.. he is a personal god to that people ))

Psalm 83:18 "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is YAHWEH, art the most high over all the earth." ((Notice here he says MOST HIGH, as there where OTHERS that were not as high as he was ))

Exodus 23:13. "And make no mention of the name of other gods, nor let it be heard out of your mouth!" (( This just presents yahwehs dislike of the other gods... how can god dislike something that is not even real to him? ))

Jeremiah 10:11."The gods that have NOT made the heavens and the earth, these shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens." (( This last one speaks for itself ))

There are more passages but I don't have time to dig through all of them.. these should be enough to make the point, if anyone remembers anymore please add them.
20-04-2010, 12:49 PM

(20-04-2010 12:16 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  Ok here we go!

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, "What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" 14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."' 15 Moreover God said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: "The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.' ((Notice all the references to being the god of so and so... not just being THE GOD.. he is a personal god to that people ))

Psalm 83:18 "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is YAHWEH, art the most high over all the earth." ((Notice here he says MOST HIGH, as there where OTHERS that were not as high as he was ))

Exodus 23:13. "And make no mention of the name of other gods, nor let it be heard out of your mouth!" (( This just presents yahwehs dislike of the other gods... how can god dislike something that is not even real to him? ))

Jeremiah 10:11."The gods that have NOT made the heavens and the earth, these shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens." (( This last one speaks for itself ))

"I AM" In Hebrew is the concept of God being the uncreated creator, He exists by Himself, does not depend on anything. So yes He is saying he is THE God.

Psalms was David writing, probably, saying God was the most high, not God saying He was the most high. But still using human terms He is the most high

The gods are not real to Him they are real to the people, Ba'al was also used as a name for political leaders. So they would be destroyed, so would the gods, meaning their idols, their statues, etc.
20-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:"I AM" In Hebrew is the concept of God being the uncreated creator, He exists by Himself, does not depend on anything. So yes He is saying he is THE God.

Psalms was David writing, probably, saying God was the most high, not God saying He was the most high. But still using human terms He is the most high

The gods are not real to Him they are real to the people, Ba'al was also used as a name for political leaders. So they would be destroyed, so would the gods, meaning their idols, their statues, etc.

So there is a difference when someone is speaking FOR god and ABOUT god?
20-04-2010, 01:04 PM
(20-04-2010 12:49 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Psalms was David writing, probably, saying God was the most high, not God saying He was the most high. But still using human terms He is the most high

Funny you should say that on 420...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2010, 01:04 PM
(20-04-2010 12:49 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  "I AM" In Hebrew is the concept of God being the uncreated creator, He exists by Himself, does not depend on anything.

Can you support this with evidence?

Quote:The gods are not real to Him they are real to the people, Ba'al was also used as a name for political leaders. So they would be destroyed, so would the gods, meaning their idols, their statues, etc.

Your entire case seems to be based on flat-out denial and twisting of words.

Then again, though, this is not unexpected. Not because of you, but because of the Bible itself. In many places, it is vaguely worded, and the constant re-translation doesn't improve the situation.
I stand behind omega's interpretation, but the problem is that it's just so ridiculously vaguely-worded that any apologists can twist it around any way they want.

Oh, another minor point (excuse my rambling; I'm not even watching the screen as I type - watching "Deadliest Warror: Mafia vs. Yakuza"): whichever interpretation is correct, it does nothing to validate (or invalidate) the Bible. There is as little evidence for multiple gods as there is for one.

Okay, done rambling now. Also, baseball bat totally beats nunchaku.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
20-04-2010, 01:07 PM

I saw that show! I thought it was bull crap!, Yakuza would totally kick the Italians asses.
20-04-2010, 01:12 PM
(20-04-2010 01:04 PM)Green Wrote:  Funny you should say that on 420...

[Image: DeserveVictoryChurchill.jpg]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner