Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
20-04-2010, 01:25 PM

RE: Questions for martinb59
(20-04-2010 01:04 PM)Green Wrote:  
(20-04-2010 12:49 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Psalms was David writing, probably, saying God was the most high, not God saying He was the most high. But still using human terms He is the most high

Funny you should say that on 420...

Get the jokes ready...Today is my birthday, So yes me and Hitler and potheads all of something in common
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2010, 03:14 PM
By saying I have a lack of knowledge you are saying that I am not that smart. I must have some sort of knowledge if I have a good GPA.
Look according to ancient israelite belief Yahweh was one of multiple Gods. End of story. According to the Evolution of God Yahweh was a part of a family of Gods. El was his dad, and he had a wife. Through time Yahweh rose through the ranks until he became the most powerful according to human belief. Besides a typo, due to the fact I am mentally worn out, I have said nothing incorrect. Like fundamentalist Martinb will keep on staying in denial. He uses religion as a placebo to help him get through life. He wants to think that there is more than this world, and things will be better in the next life. No matter how many facts and evidence we use against any fundamentalist in this world they will never listen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2010, 03:17 PM
(20-04-2010 03:14 PM)omega21 Wrote:  By saying I have a lack of knowledge you are saying that I am not that smart. I must have some sort of knowledge if I have a good GPA.

Calm down, omega. martin is right on this issue. He isn't necessarily insulting you. I myself am ignorant of a lot of things, like quantum physics. While I don't think you're ignorant on this issue, martin thinks that you are. From his point of view, this is not an insult. It's simply a statement that you have not received as detailed an education in this area as he has.
Obviously, I disagree, but he isn't trying to insult you, so there's no need to fight.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
20-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah I did overreact to the ignorant statement that he said to me. I will try harder to ignore him when he says those things. He will do whatever it takes to defend his placebo. I still don't know why he never replied to my post about the gospels I have said mutiple times in this thread. Lol he just has nothing to say about it. A fundamentalist has admited that the gospels, being biographers, were not truthful. For, according to scholars, biographers of that time period did not say what actualy happened but rather what one could get out of it. Also, no man made document besides the Bible ever mentiones Jesus and his miracles.
20-04-2010, 03:28 PM
(20-04-2010 03:22 PM)omega21 Wrote:  I still don't know why he never replied to my post about the gospels I have said mutiple times in this thread.

Like I said earlier, he doesn't always see the messages. A link would probably work.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
20-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Lol yeah if he saw it then he wold have something funny to say about it. Perhaps the gospels were inspired by God.
20-04-2010, 04:52 PM

(20-04-2010 03:14 PM)omega21 Wrote:  By saying I have a lack of knowledge you are saying that I am not that smart. I must have some sort of knowledge if I have a good GPA.
Look according to ancient israelite belief Yahweh was one of multiple Gods. End of story. According to the Evolution of God Yahweh was a part of a family of Gods. El was his dad, and he had a wife. Through time Yahweh rose through the ranks until he became the most powerful according to human belief. Besides a typo, due to the fact I am mentally worn out, I have said nothing incorrect. Like fundamentalist Martinb will keep on staying in denial. He uses religion as a placebo to help him get through life. He wants to think that there is more than this world, and things will be better in the next life. No matter how many facts and evidence we use against any fundamentalist in this world they will never listen.

"Look according to ancient israelite belief Yahweh was one of multiple Gods. End of story. According to the Evolution of God Yahweh was a part of a family of Gods. El was his dad, and he had a wife. Through time Yahweh rose through the ranks until he became the most powerful according to human belief. Besides a typo, due to the fact I am mentally worn out, I have said nothing incorrect."

My comment is so what! What does any of that have to do with God and the Bible. That some believe that means nothing to me and it shouldn't to you. Because I can find a book that says we didn't land on the moon, or the holocaust didn't happen, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Here are some sources
http://www.geniebusters.org/915/04g_gas.html
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t553062/
http://666ismoney.com/HolocaustAds.html
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

So let's see all valid sites, all claim some scholarship, some authors. Please!!!! They are all full of crap! Skeptics on this site are on skeptical of what they don't want to believe in and that is not a true skeptic. Be a skeptic of everything or change your title.
20-04-2010, 05:00 PM
(20-04-2010 04:52 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  My comment is so what! What does any of that have to do with God and the Bible. That some believe that means nothing to me and it shouldn't to you.

Aren't you a Biblical literalist, though? If so, then you must admit the existence of other gods. What that "means" is up to you - it's your faith, not ours. omega is just supplying information.

Quote:Because I can find a book that says we didn't land on the moon, or the holocaust didn't happen, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Here are some sources
<snip>

So let's see all valid sites, all claim some scholarship, some authors. Please!!!! They are all full of crap!

Exactly. They have no supporting evidence. They argue against established fact. But there is one critical difference between those sites and our discussion here.
That is that we are discussing what the Bible says.
For your analogy to be correct, we would have to be evaluating what the sites said as it compares to reality. But we aren't. We are merely discussing what claims the sites actually make, not whether they are true or not.

Quote:Skeptics on this site are on skeptical of what they don't want to believe in and that is not a true skeptic. Be a skeptic of everything or change your title.

I am a skeptic of everything, martin. What makes you think that I am not?
No, you know what, forget it. This is just another pointless insult.

20-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:"Look according to ancient israelite belief Yahweh was one of multiple Gods. End of story. According to the Evolution of God Yahweh was a part of a family of Gods. El was his dad, and he had a wife. Through time Yahweh rose through the ranks until he became the most powerful according to human belief. Besides a typo, due to the fact I am mentally worn out, I have said nothing incorrect."

My comment is so what! What does any of that have to do with God and the Bible. That some believe that means nothing to me and it shouldn't to you. Because I can find a book that says we didn't land on the moon, or the holocaust didn't happen, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Here are some sources
http://www.geniebusters.org/915/04g_gas.html
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t553062/
http://666ismoney.com/HolocaustAds.html
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

So let's see all valid sites, all claim some scholarship, some authors. Please!!!! They are all full of crap! Skeptics on this site are on skeptical of what they don't want to believe in and that is not a true skeptic. Be a skeptic of everything or change your title.

Hrm... not showing very critical.. far less logical arguments here martin.... Any claims made in these sites can be checked with outside sources. The bible is its own source so what is in there that is all there is. Why do you think people are constantly trying to prove the bible WITH the bible?

Fact is the bible states there are other gods but you are not supposed to even mention them much less worship them.

Whether you believe they exist or not they are IN the bible, and there are a lot of them... I had a list someplace if you do not like Baal... he is just the one that always comes to mind but there is a list.
20-04-2010, 06:37 PM
(20-04-2010 01:25 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Get the jokes ready...Today is my birthday, So yes me and Hitler and potheads all of something in common

Well, happy birthday then. I'm finding this interesting, but I willing admit I am very ignorant on this issue. So, I won't really comment. I'm having fun watching though.

And don't feel bad about your birthday, I share mine with Tiger Woods.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!