Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-04-2010, 02:27 PM
RE: Questions for martinb59
God never answers any prayers. I mean even prayers such as please save my dying relative from cancer God never does anything. He never does anything.... I do examine both sides I have tired out why so I wont go back into it. Science, history, logic, and math have destroyed the existence of a God.

Also, Martinb you must be old. LOL Carmen Electra? Try a modern hotty. Such as Taylor Swift.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 03:58 PM

(26-04-2010 02:27 PM)omega21 Wrote:  God never answers any prayers. I mean even prayers such as please save my dying relative from cancer God never does anything. He never does anything.... I do examine both sides I have tired out why so I wont go back into it. Science, history, logic, and math have destroyed the existence of a God.

Also, Martinb you must be old. LOL Carmen Electra? Try a modern hotty. Such as Taylor Swift.

I have said many times I am 50. Taylor Swift Not a chance! Megan Fox for sure
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Megan Fox? No, no, no. Come on, people. Halle Berry is the hottest woman alive.

[Image: die-another-day.jpg]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-04-2010, 04:53 PM

Post #180 has been edited and reposted.

I don't like her short hair.
26-04-2010, 04:57 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Blasphemy!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
26-04-2010, 05:18 PM

To each their own.
26-04-2010, 05:27 PM

(26-04-2010 02:26 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  I would ask how you came to determine Biblical Christianity as being the most credible of the bunch. More so, how you overcame, and continue to overcome, the glaring inconsistencies generated by its doctrine. After all, how might one know God but through his word, and what is the word of god, but the bible? A cursory glance at the document though, reveals obvious faults and outright falsehoods...need I bring up the flood? A flat, circular earth sheltered by a crystal/ice dome? The cosmos being constructed, much as they are, within the span of a week? Humanity's origin? Microbial lifeforms? Miracles, resurrections, virgin conceptions apparently not through asexual reproduction, angels, demons, manifestations, ghosts, spirits, the soul, possession, witchcraft, magic? ...You notice nothing wrong, with any of these things?

You know what I think? I think that Yahweh, is Ahura Mazda; after a couple thousand years of modification and religious adoption. And the bible, is the filtered slag leftover from the adoption of these faiths.

Kind of coincidental that Horus was born upon the 25th of December, approximately 3000 BCE, of the virgin, Isis Mary. His birth was accompanied by a star in the East, which in turn three kings followed to locate and adorn the newborn savior. At the age of twelve he was a prodigal child teacher. At the age of thirty he was baptized and thus began his ministry. Horus had twelve disciples he traveled about with performing miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water. Horus was known by many names such as: 'The lamb of god' 'The light' 'The Truth' 'Gods anointed son' 'The good shepherd' amongst others. After being betrayed by a friend, Horus was crucified, buried/dead for three days, and then resurrected, to ascend unto heaven.

If the atheists that you have encountered have been atheists, because they do not want to live under the dictations of the Christian gods, then you have met some of the vainest atheists that I can imagine.

By default, the greatest number of atheists today, were originally religious. I for one, was not. I challenge religious positions, partly due to my own enjoyment in philosophical discourse, and partly due to my deeply rooted opposition to illogical theories and suppositions. Bluntly put, if there is evidence supporting a flaw within a theory, then I feel almost compelled to repeatedly point it out, until said theory is reformed. Why? Things like that just irritate me I suppose. At any rate, I never bought into the religious outlook on life. Likely due to my own education at an early age, of world mythos. When you have thousands of faiths, all claiming to be the one true faith, and each offering their own outlook on life, that rejects one another, despite having much in common with one another; not to mention the oh so important circular reasoning, and otherwise bronze age, and lower, understanding of the universe; and you have a recipe for a reaffirmation of an atheistic world view. My continued studies within this field have yielded consistently similar results, in line with the conclusion that there is no such thing as a god, outside of the minds of humans. And in response to your summarization, I do yield to a higher authority. Every single day, I abide by the laws that govern our society; set in place, mostly for the mutual benefaction of one another. I try to disprove my own view, continuously, by looking through the eyes of another who has presented me with an alternative; and, if it makes more sense, then I will be forced to adopt said view. If there are consistent flaws though, then I will bash it down repeatedly.

True enough, prayer does not work in such a manner. When prayer does work, it only seems to do so, within circumstances in which it becomes impossible to differentiate the supposed miracle, from otherwise natural occurrences though. Which is why time and time again, prayer has been concluded to not be an effective treatment, for medical concerns, or mundane difficulties. In fact, I have seen studies, concluding that prayer may have an inverse effect upon an individuals recovery, if they are privy to the prayers deliverance. As the drive to get better, may otherwise be subverted by the knowledge that their recovery is being 'watched over from above'. At the very least, there is no detectable difference, between those receiving prayers and praying, and those not.

So, to sum it up, I'm really not sure why you remain a Christian, I suppose the meme just really stuck with you or something.

I have never heard those arguments before, you must have really done your homework, your critical thinking skills are far superior to mine, You got me I'm an atheist!
26-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Again, martin, originality doesn't matter. And I find it hilarious that you constantly put so much stress on it when I haven't heard an original argument from you yet.

26-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Ya....I'm not really sure how to respond to that, so I guess I won't.

...You've heard my hypothesis that Yahweh is an evolved Ahura Mazda before?
26-04-2010, 05:36 PM

(26-04-2010 05:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Again, martin, originality doesn't matter. And I find it hilarious that you constantly put so much stress on it when I haven't heard an original argument from you yet.

I have answered many of those questions numerous times, they have been answered according to the oldest book I have since 1973, if he was a true critical thinker he could have found the answers himself as could you and others on this site.