Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2010, 01:19 PM
RE: Questions for martinb59
Bragging about a high IQ (I'll believe 181 when I see something profound) and being an ex-mensa member to me is just childish. So is "toying with someone" for your own amusement. Not to mention trying to get everyone on a forum to ignore someone in particular. (Wouldn't it just make more sense to ignore him yourself?)
To be honest, this is all just taunting (or is the proper term "trolling?).
Also, I am calling bullshit as well on the whole "I mis-spelled that on purpose" ruse. How convienient. If you are as "above" Martin as you seem to think you are, then why would you even respond to him in the first place? Doesn't matter how old you are, you need to grow up a little.

Just one mans opinion of course. Hopefully my post gets read with some objectivity, instead of being taken as an attack.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 01:22 PM
(19-04-2010 08:36 AM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 05:38 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 09:24 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  First my conversation with unbeliever was nothing like he described,and I am sure he is kidding, if not he is delusianal, but then again he was playing call of duty while we talking.

Yeah, I kinda figured that it was an obvious joke. The conversation we had was perfectly civil, and while I did swear vengeance, it was against xBrxNecromancer (some time around the tenth face-stabbing), not martin.

Hello Unbeliever,

Whatever the tone of your phone call with Martin, it most certainly does not mitigate his flaming and personal attacks on this forum.

Never said it did.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2010, 02:14 PM

(18-04-2010 10:38 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 10:00 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 09:39 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry you claimed mensa 181 not me you, unless you can prove the claim you made, then you are nothing but a liar and cannot be trusted for anything. So back it up or back off big boy!

My, my - could it be that I have struck a nerve with the revelation (pun not intended) of my IQ?

I must have really gotten under your skin, to have been a primary topic of your phone conference with Unbeliever.

I am flattered.Wink

What if I don't "back off"? What are you going to do? Call me a liar? Oh wait - you just did that, and it had no effect on me.............Sleepy

Sticks and stones, Martin..............Big Grin

And yet, Martin, still you have failed to recognize when you have been defeated, that I am merely toying with you. In what way, you may wonder?

I told Unbeliever what you would do and you did just that. By the way where is, and I am using your whole quote "and end up working on the next way to commit mass murder in a basement laboratory in Langeley VA." I would think that someone that is 181 and recruited by LANGLEY, would know how to spell LANGLEY. Sorry you are a pathetic liar and you have been called out, so prove what you said. BTW that might have been hostile, please let me know if it was.
(18-04-2010 04:29 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  "How can got get rid of murder?".... are you serious... I thought god could do anything..

Surely it would be no problem for him to remove the impulse to kill someone of your species from everyones brains and no one would be the wiser. Considering we know somewhat what goes on in someones brain when they consider killing a person.

It should be a simple matter for an omnipotent being.. but he allowed it in the first place so what would compel him to stop it now?. And that raises more questions that negate the character of god as portraid in the bible... no wait... it negates the god of the new testament... it goes right in hand with the god of the old testament...

I also talked to Unbeliever on the phone about this, let's see how it plays out! Ok Vet, what is the impulse to kill someone, it is it greed, lust, wrath, pride, envy? Which one of those emotions or all of them, should God get rid of in order to keep you from killing? Some think abortion is murder should we get rid of that also? What would your life and others look like without greed, lust, envy? I guess you didn't think about that when you said God should get rid of murder. Killing is an outward response to an inward emotion, should God get rid of your inward emotions? What about your free will, shouldn't you be allowed to feel greed and envy? It is easy to say but hard to do because atheists don't think through what they say.

He dosen't have to get rid of the emotions just the mechanism in the brain that causes the violence. This can already be done partly with medication.

Small task for an all powerful being.

Ok, let's cross murder of our list what about other evils, like rape, lying, stealing, etc.?
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Don't ask me man... I'm not an all powerful creator of universes that makes rules against the very impulses he instilled in his creation. If I had made a universe I would have made it actually work... that is If I intended to sit around looking down on it and passing judgement... Unless I was a sick SOB and actually enjoyed watching my creations break the rules I never made very clear so I could judge them afterwards and punish them for not believing in the ridiculous claims written in the bronze age that appeared to be stolen from every other primitive group of people in a certain area of a tiny planet near the edge of one of billions of galaxies.

Am I leaving anything out?.. I probably am... but I'm at work and just itching to take off.
19-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Martinb why did you ignore my last post? Is it because you have no idea what to say to it. That you don't know how to refute the fact that, with my credible sources, I am right and you are wrong? The fact is that the earliest Bibles did have polytheism. Bascially, you have to believe in multiple gods. Translations have done away with polytheism through changing words up, lucky you.

It does not matter though. No gods exist. Not even one. Instead of using religion as a placebo, you can find other means of being happy. There is no after life so take advantage of this life. Christianity has failed, as society is leaving it and becoming more secular. Get over it, and stop fighting you insecurities by attacking us. May I suggest you and your friends go to some bars and nightclubs trust me they are fun Smile
19-04-2010, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2010 04:16 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
(19-04-2010 02:14 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 10:38 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 10:00 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 09:39 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry you claimed mensa 181 not me you, unless you can prove the claim you made, then you are nothing but a liar and cannot be trusted for anything. So back it up or back off big boy!

My, my - could it be that I have struck a nerve with the revelation (pun not intended) of my IQ?

I must have really gotten under your skin, to have been a primary topic of your phone conference with Unbeliever.

I am flattered.Wink

What if I don't "back off"? What are you going to do? Call me a liar? Oh wait - you just did that, and it had no effect on me.............Sleepy

Sticks and stones, Martin..............Big Grin

And yet, Martin, still you have failed to recognize when you have been defeated, that I am merely toying with you. In what way, you may wonder?

I told Unbeliever what you would do and you did just that. By the way where is, and I am using your whole quote "and end up working on the next way to commit mass murder in a basement laboratory in Langeley VA." I would think that someone that is 181 and recruited by LANGLEY, would know how to spell LANGLEY. Sorry you are a pathetic liar and you have been called out, so prove what you said. BTW that might have been hostile, please let me know if it was.
(18-04-2010 04:29 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  "How can got get rid of murder?".... are you serious... I thought god could do anything..

Surely it would be no problem for him to remove the impulse to kill someone of your species from everyones brains and no one would be the wiser. Considering we know somewhat what goes on in someones brain when they consider killing a person.

It should be a simple matter for an omnipotent being.. but he allowed it in the first place so what would compel him to stop it now?. And that raises more questions that negate the character of god as portraid in the bible... no wait... it negates the god of the new testament... it goes right in hand with the god of the old testament...

I also talked to Unbeliever on the phone about this, let's see how it plays out! Ok Vet, what is the impulse to kill someone, it is it greed, lust, wrath, pride, envy? Which one of those emotions or all of them, should God get rid of in order to keep you from killing? Some think abortion is murder should we get rid of that also? What would your life and others look like without greed, lust, envy? I guess you didn't think about that when you said God should get rid of murder. Killing is an outward response to an inward emotion, should God get rid of your inward emotions? What about your free will, shouldn't you be allowed to feel greed and envy? It is easy to say but hard to do because atheists don't think through what they say.

He dosen't have to get rid of the emotions just the mechanism in the brain that causes the violence. This can already be done partly with medication.

Small task for an all powerful being.

Ok, let's cross murder of our list what about other evils, like rape, lying, stealing, etc.?

Sorry if I'm intruding, but I wish to throw my two cents into the ring. Making sure I have your arguments correct, you are saying that our evil actions are caused by our emotions. If god removes our emotions, he takes away temptation, and by extension, free will. This is all correct? Hope so.

My issue with that is that the human mind is far more complex. I think this arises from mt determinist view point, that we are mentally products of genetics and our environment. Presuming there is a god that created us entirely, leaving none of it to change, he implanted temptation in us, and the will power to over come it(Or not enough will power). I have a question, that I'm truly curious about. Martin, do you believe genetics is random, or does god decide your genetic makeup? If a man with red hair has a child with a woman with brown hair, does god decided the child's hair color, or does he just leave it up chance?

And in regards to PanFluteJedi(181 guy), I do think he is pompous, but I'm not willing to say anything else about him yet.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
19-04-2010, 04:12 PM

(19-04-2010 01:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bragging about a high IQ (I'll believe 181 when I see something profound) and being an ex-mensa member to me is just childish. So is "toying with someone" for your own amusement. Not to mention trying to get everyone on a forum to ignore someone in particular. (Wouldn't it just make more sense to ignore him yourself?)
Also, I am calling bullshit as well on the whole "I mis-spelled that on purpose" ruse. How convienient. If you are as "above" Martin as you seem to think you are, then why would you even respond to him in the first place? Doesn't matter how old you are, you need to grow up a little.

Just one mans opinion of course. Hopefully my post gets read with some objectivity, instead of being taken as an attack.

Hello Stark Raving,

The thing to remember in this case, is that the only way to deal with someone of Martin's ilk, is to rub their faces in it. Reason will not work, and rational arguments cut zero ice with such people. So, I successfully (so successfully that you are having difficulty swallowing it, in fact) entrapped Martin, and like a fish on a hook being reeled in, he struggled vigorously, knowing it was futile, and knowing the entire time that he had been bested.

Is it bragging, to say that you earned high marks on a test? I was under the impression that rational people would view intellectual achievement as something to aspire to, not disbelieve and sneer at............

Bear in mind, that I really couldn't care less what you or anyone else here believes about me, for such beliefs (like religion) are uninformed. Can you think of any rational reason why I would lie about such a thing?

Of course, if you choose to believe that I am lying, then bear this in mind - it is always easy to believe what one wishes to be true.

I outgrew the need to prove myself to others a very long time ago, and attempts to shame me (whether by characterizations such as 'childish' or the use of peer pressure) have never really had much of an effect upon me.

I was under the impression that I would encounter at least a modicum of open-minded acceptance, as well as the benefit of a doubt. In some cases this has been true, but I am seeing a significant amount of "I don't believe what he said" attitude. A rather foolish stance to adopt, considering that no one here knows me personally.

But alas! This is what happens when I exercise too much honesty.

By the way, this should help you to get informed on my field of endeavor, and my contributions within it: http://www.panflutejedi.com/artistpage.html
19-04-2010, 04:28 PM

(19-04-2010 04:12 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 01:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bragging about a high IQ (I'll believe 181 when I see something profound) and being an ex-mensa member to me is just childish. So is "toying with someone" for your own amusement. Not to mention trying to get everyone on a forum to ignore someone in particular. (Wouldn't it just make more sense to ignore him yourself?)

Hello Stark Raving,

The thing to remember in this case, is that the only way to deal with someone of Martin's ilk, is to rub their faces in it. Reason will not work, and rational arguments cut zero ice with such people. So, I successfully (so successfully that you are having difficulty swallowing it, in fact) entrapped Martin, and like a fish on a hook being reeled in, he struggled vigorously, knowing it was futile, and knowing the entire time that he had been bested.

Bear in mind, that I really couldn't care less what you or anyone else here believes about me. I outgrew the need to prove myself to others a very long time ago, and attempts to shame me (whether by characterizations such as 'childish' or the use of peer pressure) have never really had much of an effect upon me.

I was under the impression that I would encounter at least a modicum of open-minded acceptance, as well as the benefit of a doubt. In some cases this has been true, but I am seeing a significant amount of "I don't believe what he said" attitude. A rather foolish stance to adopt, considering that no one here knows me personally.

But alas! This is what happens when I exercise too much honesty.

So you say "I outgrew the need to prove myself to others a very long time ago," Yet in one of earliest posts you say. "My tested IQ is 181. I am a former member of MENSA, and I say "former", only because I got tired of paying the dues, and I didn't want to be pegged by the government, and end up working on the next way to commit mass murder in a basement laboratory in Langeley VA." I don't know you personally, but trust me I do know you and I called you out and you failed. It is sad, and I think pathetic when you have to lie about yourself.
19-04-2010, 04:29 PM
PanFluteJedi

This is more my saying my opinion about you, since it's become questionable. You claim to have an I.Q. of 181. Not to open old wounds, but I'm to use this as an example of the burden of proof. You can say that you have that high of an I.Q., but it's true there is no way to verify that, one way or the other. I can't safely conclude that you are, or are not, lying. I'm won't make a claim either way, although since there is no significant reason to believe you are that smart, I will act as though you are not.

Getting back into the more personal aspect of it all, If you truly are as smart as you claim, then it should show. If your posts contain a high level of critical thinking, then I might reconsider my position. As of yet, you have not shown any real critical thinking or reason, so I can't judge as of right now.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
19-04-2010, 04:48 PM

(19-04-2010 04:29 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  PanFluteJedi

This is more my saying my opinion about you, since it's become questionable. You claim to have an I.Q. of 181. Not to open old wounds, but I'm to use this as an example of the burden of proof. You can say that you have that high of an I.Q., but it's true there is no way to verify that, one way or the other. I can't safely conclude that you are, or are not, lying. I'm won't make a claim either way, although since there is no significant reason to believe you are that smart, I will act as though you are not.

Getting back into the more personal aspect of it all, If you truly are as smart as you claim, then it should show. If your posts contain a high level of critical thinking, then I might reconsider my position. As of yet, you have not shown any real critical thinking or reason, so I can't judge as of right now.

Somewhat contradictory, and certainly not anything resembling the benefit of a doubt here........you cannot safely conclude whether or not I am lying, so you will act as though I am lying.Big Grin

I am led to wonder, at what point were you made the final arbiter of what constitutes a "high level of critical thinking"? How is it, that you presume to know what I am or am not capable of?

Maybe I'll leave here and return to MENSA........at least there, no one freaked out when they learned about my IQ test results.

This reminds me of birthers, all screaming about how President Obama is not truly a native-born US citizen, and demanding to see his birth certificate in Hawaii. It became so tiresome for the Vital Statistics office in Hawaii to reply to the birthers, that I heard they even considered refusing to reply to any further such requests. I don't know if Vital Statistics went through with this or not. However, even if they don't, and release the original birth certificate to every last birther, do you know what will happen then?

"It's a fake", "It's a forgery", etc., etc.....

And, I strongly suspect, an identical scenario will play out here, if the messages I am seeing concerning this are any indication.