Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2010, 06:07 PM

RE: Questions for martinb59
(19-04-2010 05:56 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 05:46 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 05:36 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  My, my, my..........Martin smells division, and renews his attack..........I am pronounced "pompous" by people who don't even know me...........I am called a liar, for revealing my IQ.

I wonder what it is about this that (quite frankly) freaks people out?

I think my tutors were onto something, when they separated me from the rest of the class. I remember being upset about it, but my tutors told me, "This will spare you a great deal of pain, for others will not understand".

I must admit, they had the truth of it.

I'm sorry for anything offensive I may have said, none was intended. I admit I shouldn't have called you pompous, and I'm sorry if you have misinterpreted my words to mean "Liar".

Please do not insult my intelligence, and seek to behave as though I "misinterpreted" your words. It was Martin who called me a liar, and yourself who called me "pompous"

I "misinterpreted" nothing.

The fact is - I have told the truth, Martin has called me a liar, and you responded by referring to me as "pompous".

Apparently, human consideration and manners have not enjoyed the benefits of much attention here.........on that account, you should both be ashamed of yourselves.

All we ask is proof because your writing does not match your claim, not that hard for a 181!
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 06:08 PM

(19-04-2010 06:04 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 05:36 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  My, my, my..........Martin smells division, and renews his attack..........I am pronounced "pompous" by people who don't even know me...........I am called a liar, for revealing my IQ.

I think my tutors were onto something, when they separated me from the rest of the class. I remember being upset about it, but my tutors told me, "This will spare you a great deal of pain, for others will not understand".

Was the bus you went on small and yellow, and do you wear helmet when you ride in it?

I didn't ride a schoolbus. I rode the train into the city for some of my courses, and some of my tutors would come to my family's home.
(19-04-2010 06:07 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

I'm sorry for anything offensive I may have said, none was intended. I admit I shouldn't have called you pompous, and I'm sorry if you have misinterpreted my words to mean "Liar".

Please do not insult my intelligence, and seek to behave as though I "misinterpreted" your words. It was Martin who called me a liar, and yourself who called me "pompous"

The fact is - I have told the truth, Martin has called me a liar, and you responded by referring to me as "pompous".

Apparently, human consideration and manners have not enjoyed the benefits of much attention here.........on that account, you should both be ashamed of yourselves.

All we ask is proof because your writing does not match your claim, not that hard for a 181!

Würden Sie bevorzugen, dass ich alles auf Deutsch schreibe?

Quando voce querer, eu poder tambem usar portugues.
19-04-2010, 06:15 PM
(19-04-2010 05:56 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  Please do not insult my intelligence, and seek to behave as though I "misinterpreted" your words. It was Martin who called me a liar, and yourself who called me "pompous"

Did you honestly just take my apology as an insult? At first I did feel ashamed for calling you pompous, but the feeling of guilt is just melting away.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 06:16 PM

(19-04-2010 06:08 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 06:04 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

Was the bus you went on small and yellow, and do you wear helmet when you ride in it?

I didn't ride a schoolbus. I rode the train into the city for some of my courses, and some of my tutors would come to my family's home.
(19-04-2010 06:07 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

Würden Sie bevorzugen, dass ich alles auf Deutsch schreibe?

Quando voce querer, eu poder tambem usar portugues.

Maybe since English isn't working?
19-04-2010, 06:16 PM

(19-04-2010 06:15 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 05:56 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  Please do not insult my intelligence, and seek to behave as though I "misinterpreted" your words. It was Martin who called me a liar, and yourself who called me "pompous"

Did you honestly just take my apology as an insult? At first I feel ashamed for calling you pompous, but the feeling of guilt is just melting away.

No, I did not think that. I only asked that you not attempt to do so.
19-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Ihr ein Lügner in jeder Sprache
19-04-2010, 06:26 PM

(19-04-2010 06:19 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ihr ein Lügner in jeder Sprache

Do you see, people? Now I am told that I am a liar in every language.

And, in case you're wondering, Martin, I didn't need an online translator for my messages. I was born and raised in Germany, and my wife is Brazilian, which is where I gained my Portuguese.

Remember what I said about showing proof? That I would only be scoffed at if I demonstrated any?

I rest my case..............goodbye.
19-04-2010, 06:36 PM

(18-04-2010 03:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(18-04-2010 03:43 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I love atheist logic! So the Bible was written by men and it can't be trusted yet a book or teacher can be trusted.

The Bible cannot be trusted to validate its own claims, martin. Stop strawmanning.

Quote:I would love to know your teachers credentials, and if they are Bible believing Christians or not.

Credentials, fine. Sources, better. But their beliefs make not one bit of difference. Again, you resort to an ad hom variant. What someone believes doesn't matter at all. What facts they present are everything.

Quote:Everyone has an agenda and why would your teachers be any different? Anyone with even slight Bible knowledge knows that what you said is twisted by those who don't believe.

HA! The irony. It is to laugh.
From what you've shown us on this site, the Bible is twisted more often and more egregiously by those who do believe, in order to rationalize its incredible failures.

Quote:There agenda is to keep you from believing.

You don't even know if they are believers or not yet, and already you are accusing them of attempting to undermine his faith?
In any case, even if that is their "agenda", agendas don't matter. Facts do. And they have facts on their side.

Quote:Erhman, who we watched in video debate, writes books, he makes money of those books, he cant sell a book about a boring topic so he writes what he does. If he was so concerned with getting the information out there, then he should not charge for the book.

Riiight. So writers of history books shouldn't worry about getting paid so they can, y'know, eat. All that matters is that people read it! It doesn't matter if you go out and starve to death in an alleyway - your book is being read!

Sorry to bring up the age thing, but I sure some of the older members on this site will tell that personal agendas in teaching take place all the time. A stupid example, but it happened, my kids went to a private Christian school, I know, big shock, one of the second grade teachers believed that you should tell the kids the truth about Santa, from the beginning. When the kids got to her second grade class she told them that Santa doesn't exist, sorry you had to hear it from me Panflutejedi, that was her belief, was it right yes, was it her place to do that no.

There can, by definition be only ONE GOD. The Bible talks about gods all the time, according to the Bible, science is one of your gods, maybe money for some, gaming for some. There are many verses in the bible that talk about God being one. Sorry your teachers are ignorant and have spent no time looking into it what the Bible says about, yet they say the Bible is polytheist, it is saying anthing you put above God is your god.
19-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:There can, by definition be only ONE GOD. The Bible talks about gods all the time, according to the Bible, science is one of your gods, maybe money for some, gaming for some. There are many verses in the bible that talk about God being one. Sorry your teachers are ignorant and have spent no time looking into it what the Bible says about, yet they say the Bible is polytheist, it is saying anthing you put above God is your god.

What? the bible says that "Science" is a god?...

Please post this passage.
19-04-2010, 07:31 PM

(19-04-2010 07:03 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  
Quote:There can, by definition be only ONE GOD. The Bible talks about gods all the time, according to the Bible, science is one of your gods, maybe money for some, gaming for some. There are many verses in the bible that talk about God being one. Sorry your teachers are ignorant and have spent no time looking into it what the Bible says about, yet they say the Bible is polytheist, it is saying anthing you put above God is your god.

What? the bible says that "Science" is a god?...

Please post this passage.

A god can be anything, your money, your degrees, your house, your wife, a Tiki, sports. Whatever you worship is your god. Has nothing to do with GOD.