Questions for martinb59

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2010, 09:08 PM
RE: Questions for martinb59
(19-04-2010 06:07 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  All we ask is proof because your writing does not match your claim, not that hard for a 181!

His writing doesn't match his claim? He's messed up much less than you have... and besides, what does IQ really matter? It's a worthless number at the end of the day, he's arguing circles around you and that's what matters.

Who cares about IQs anyway? I don't even know what mine is and I don't care, quite frankly, numbers don't mean anything.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 09:31 PM

(19-04-2010 09:08 PM)Green Wrote:  
(19-04-2010 06:07 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  All we ask is proof because your writing does not match your claim, not that hard for a 181!

His writing doesn't match his claim? He's messed up much less than you have... and besides, what does IQ really matter? It's a worthless number at the end of the day, he's arguing circles around you and that's what matters.

Who cares about IQs anyway? I don't even know what mine is and I don't care, quite frankly, numbers don't mean anything.

Hello Green,

The only reason that I even mentioned my IQ and former MENSA membership, was the fact that Martin was in danger of believing he was talking to someone even more idiotic than himself...........hmmm, imagine that.

Someone more idiotic than Martin.........the ability to imagine that would indeed be a proof of true genius!!!

I have no idea why the administrator does not give an obvious troublemaker like Martin the boot, but I will not wait for the other members here to gather the courage necessary to accomplish this, and facilitate Martin's ejection. I have already requested of the administrator to delete my membership, so this is very likely to be my final post. There are plenty of other atheist groups out there, lots of fish in the sea, after all.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Martinb59 you are so much fun! You make good practice for all of us for future debates. Anyway I know of the christian argument that whatever you put before God becomes your God. I argue with Christians all the time. That is not what I mean. I happened to have walked into a teacher today. He reminded me of a few of the other Gods. BAAL was one of the other Gods that the earliest Bible believers worshiped. His name was mentioned in earlier text but was removed. Yahweh which is the present day chrisitan God was believed to be more powerful than BAAL.

Basically speaking, you being a christian and going by what the Bible authors really said you need to acknowledge the God BAAL. Worship him Martinb59. He exist according to your beliefs. I even checked back at my student Bible. Martinb59 the scholars have written that BAAL is one of your gods. The earliest text of the christian holy book mentioned BAAL and other gods.
YOU LOSE!

This is just one of many examples of how christians today dont even know their religion. They dont know what their unknown authors were trying to say.
19-04-2010, 09:53 PM

There was Baal and also Yahwehs wife... I forgot her name...
19-04-2010, 10:47 PM
(19-04-2010 09:31 PM)panflutejedi Wrote:  I have no idea why the administrator does not give an obvious troublemaker like Martin the boot, but I will not wait for the other members here to gather the courage necessary to accomplish this, and facilitate Martin's ejection. I have already requested of the administrator to delete my membership, so this is very likely to be my final post. There are plenty of other atheist groups out there, lots of fish in the sea, after all.

It's unfortunate that you want to leave. I tend to just ignore Martin and move on about my day. The unfortunate thing is that the admin doesn't really pay attention to the board, I've volunteered to look after it for him but he's yet to get back to me about it.

Also, I didn't really mean to sound offensive about my talking down on IQ. When I re-read my post I seemed like a real dick. I do stand by my statement, that IQ is worthless to me, however I did mention that you are a much better debater than Martin, which I'm sure you caught. I value your practical application of intelligence rather than a number on paper, I suppose that's what I'm getting at...

Anyhow, if this is in fact your final post I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. It's been a pleasure having you around.

19-04-2010, 10:54 PM

(19-04-2010 09:47 PM)omega21 Wrote:  Martinb59 you are so much fun! You make good practice for all of us for future debates. Anyway I know of the christian argument that whatever you put before God becomes your God. I argue with Christians all the time. That is not what I mean. I happened to have walked into a teacher today. He reminded me of a few of the other Gods. BAAL was one of the other Gods that the earliest Bible believers worshiped. His name was mentioned in earlier text but was removed. Yahweh which is the present day chrisitan God was believed to be more powerful than BAAL.

Basically speaking, you being a christian and going by what the Bible authors really said you need to acknowledge the God BAAL. Worship him Martinb59. He exist according to your beliefs. I even checked back at my student Bible. Martinb59 the scholars have written that BAAL is one of your gods. The earliest text of the christian holy book mentioned BAAL and other gods.
YOU LOSE!

This is just one of many examples of how christians today dont even know their religion. They dont know what their unknown authors were trying to say.

You must have been too busy patting yourself on the back to check facts. I realize you're young and so I will bite my tongue. Why don't you look up Ba'al and see what it means and then report back to me.
20-04-2010, 05:50 AM
I am right. I even checked it on the internet. My student Bible also had multiple footnotes about it. Baal refers to a deity. It can also refer to human officials. Although in the case of the Hebrew Bible or old testament he was refered to as a deity. People worshiped him. Why are you saying I am wrong?I have multiple sources backing me up.What are you getting at Martinb? Baal was a god that was worshiped. I can find more too by the way. Also DrNeKoDr is right. Yahweh did have a wife. What is your response to that? Next time I see a religion professor I will be sure to write down all of the gods that were worshiped by the israelites.
20-04-2010, 06:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the current position of the church on matters such as Ba'al is that they were demons masquerading as gods. Of course, this does go against the earliest versions, like omega said. Just a little bit of extra info.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
20-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Unbeliever is correct. The modern day church tries to create for monotheism and disregard any traces of polytheism. All in all, there is not even one god in existence which is what matters most. The earliest humans only brought up the idea of god to explain everything. Such as having a god to explain the weather, sun, and so on. Look at how many Greek and Roman Gods there were. This is also the case for the earliest jews, and bible writers.
I think Martinb has been beaten on this. I mean polytheism was a major part of all the ancient religions in which modern day religions derive from. Thats why the bible has relations with Greek and Roman religion such as the ten commandments. Christmas also was created to try and cover up a pagan holiday. Its not the day of Jesus's birth, if jesus even existed. Martinb also needs to realize I am not pulling facts out of no where. These are facts that I either heard from or read about from reliable sources.
Lol it is also funny how Martinb never shows up in my thread about the gospels. I guess he knows that they are not telling historical events. Again, biographers of that time talked about what you can get out of what they say, rather than what actually happened.
20-04-2010, 08:28 AM

And dont forget yahweh's wife with the giant titties.