Questions for 'militarists'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Questions for 'militarists'
^that's a bit idealistic don't you think?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm gathering that the consensus is that "soldiers are people who risk their lives in order to protect their loved ones, and must be respected as a result".

1. Do you apply this as a blanket statement to all soldiers/vast majority?
a. Does it matter whether they didn't have to risk their lives?
b. Does it matter whether their loved ones didn't need protecting?

Or is it simply "if they believe, how ever wrong, they (and the institutions surrounding them) still must be respected"?

2. Why is it that one military should respected while another military or combatant should not, when the difference is only their uniform?
11-05-2012, 08:12 AM
(10-05-2012 11:47 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I'm gathering that the consensus is that "soldiers are people who risk their lives in order to protect their loved ones, and must be respected as a result".

1. Do you apply this as a blanket statement to all soldiers/vast majority?
a. Does it matter whether they didn't have to risk their lives?
b. Does it matter whether their loved ones didn't need protecting?

Or is it simply "if they believe, how ever wrong, they (and the institutions surrounding them) still must be respected"?

2. Why is it that one military should respected while another military or combatant should not, when the difference is only their uniform?
1. Yes I suppose. At least those fighting in my best interest.
a. No. The military doesn't function without those behind the scenes/frontlines.
b. No. Essentially they believe it's what they are doing and that is noble all by itself.
2. Tough question. Every military, including the US engages in activity I don't agree with. But I'll support them regardless because they are fighting on the side of freedom and democracy. And I don't mean that in a 'let's go free the world' way.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain