Questions for the Christian believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: Questions for the Christian believer
I already know most of your beliefs offend me, but you rarely do it verbally like this. usually you leave the more offensive stuff on the sideline or explain things in a less offensive way. I'm not saying I wasn't aware that I dislike how you think I'm saying I did not need to have offensive crap thrust in my face. Blame Spurgeon for being horribly offensive. I would not have been as mad had you wrote out your own version of it.

it's that you endorsed him that really took me over the top

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 03:06 PM
(22-12-2011 03:02 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I already know most of your beliefs offend me, but you rarely do it verbally like this. usually you leave the more offensive stuff on the sideline or explain things in a less offensive way. I'm not saying I wasn't aware that I dislike how you think I'm saying I did not need to have offensive crap thrust in my face. Blame Spurgeon for being horribly offensive. I would not have been as mad had you wrote out your own version of it.

it's that you endorsed him that really took me over the top

I see. I apologize. Next time, I will use my own words. I just quoted Spurgeon because he seems to be the originator of the theory and I wanted to be diligent on my citations. However, I suppose being more sensitive to the community and using more sensitive language with paraphrasing would be more appropriate.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-12-2011, 06:09 AM
(22-12-2011 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Like I said, my theology (God chooses who to save and who to damn) should be irreconcilably offensive towards you; however, I felt that was accepted on most people's part that either A) I'm deluded or B) I'm crazy.

C) Interesting case study, interesting new threads and a decent contribution to making the forum more fun. Reasonable debate opponent.

Other than that, yes, your ideas are highly offensive and, in my opinion, it takes a special kind of guy, not only to happily accept that kind of theology but also to enjoy and indulge in the company of flies trapped in a spider net. After all, that's what we are to you, aren't we? Fun guys... too bad my pal god chose to make them all burn for all eternity on a whim... oh well. "I wonder how you guys feel about hand puppets"

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
23-12-2011, 07:05 AM
(23-12-2011 06:09 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Other than that, yes, your ideas are highly offensive and, in my opinion, it takes a special kind of guy, not only to happily accept that kind of theology but also to enjoy and indulge in the company of flies trapped in a spider net. After all, that's what we are to you, aren't we? Fun guys... too bad my pal god chose to make them all burn for all eternity on a whim... oh well. "I wonder how you guys feel about hand puppets"

Methinks KC is actually a special guy. We did ask him to answer these questions after all... credit for answering them KC. I know unless I felt like a bit of masochism I'd not be doing the same in any Christian forum. My guess is that he's here to save us. KC, there is actually a button for that on your internet browser Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-12-2011, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 07:27 AM by Malleus.)
(23-12-2011 07:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  My guess is that he's here to save us.

No. That's the point. He can't save us. Nobody can because, according to his theology, his god has already made up his mind about our future.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

23-12-2011, 07:27 AM
(23-12-2011 07:21 AM)Malleus Wrote:  

No. That's the point. He can't save us. Nobody can because his god has already made up his mind about our future.

Ah, but unless we've been very dumb and slagged off the Holy Spirit, then he can't *know* that we're doomed, he just has to spread the message so that the chosen ones can hear it... I guess it's not saving per se, but the lingo puts it that way.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-12-2011, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 07:39 AM by Malleus.)
That's the main reason why he doesn't feel the need to try to convert anyone of us. But as long as we are doomed and he's fine, he is happy with that outcome and he might as well enjoy a ride with us. He is not in danger because god has already chosen him and he doesn't need to be a dick about it because whatever he does cannot change our outcome which can only be decided by his god and not by him and not even by us.
Nah, he's saved anyway, no matter if he preaches or not. His god doesn't need his assistance. He (god) just points a finger and the chosen ones follow

As I said, his theology is one of the most egocentric versions of Christianity. It's fascinating to watch it work in real life.

23-12-2011, 07:47 AM
(23-12-2011 07:35 AM)Malleus Wrote:  That's the main reason why he doesn't feel the need to try to convert anyone of us. But as long as we are doomed and he's fine, he is happy with that outcome and he might as well enjoy a ride with us. He is not in danger because god has already chosen him and he doesn't need to be a dick about it because whatever he does cannot change our outcome which can only be decided by his god and not by him and not even by us.

OK by me Tongue As long as there ain't no proselytizing going on, I'm a happy guy.
23-12-2011, 10:17 AM
(23-12-2011 07:21 AM)Malleus Wrote:  

No. That's the point. He can't save us. Nobody can because, according to his theology, his god has already made up his mind about our future.

Yes, that is the point, just the wrong terminology. He's not here to save us, but if I may speak for Dear KC, I would conjecture that he is hopeful that he will help some of us along in our understanding of God's grace. Just because the majority of us are atheists or agnostics or whatever, doesn't mean someone here might not be elect in KC's worldview. He lived as an agnostic before having a conversion experience. In Calvinism, a person as no say in their conversion, but it doesn't mean that a conversion doesn't happen. So he can believe that it's all set in stone, but perhaps it will be his humble attitude and confident understanding of God's ways that sets someone else upon a path of understanding their own election. You finding this offensive is not his problem, actually, since he himself is not being offensive. I see KC acting out of love. It still remains that he doesn't have anything to do about our conversions or non-conversions, but he cares enough to be present in people's lives. Nothing wrong with that unless someone's a bigot and hates other people because of what they believe. I'm sure NO ONE here would ever do that. On the other hand, you have someone like Eyegore who comes in guns blazing to shoot us all and let God sort us out. Eyegore with his arrogant thinking that he has a mission to destroy all who would disagree with him would have made an excellent Crusader. KC would have made an excellent marcher with Martin Luther King, JR back in Montgomery, well, except that he's a damn Southerner and probably hates black people.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-12-2011, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 12:03 AM by kingschosen.)
Well...

First, I'll get back to posting like I normally do after the holidays.

Second, it is not my job to save people. That's God's job. I'm simply to act like Christ in all aspects of my life and let God use me the way He wants to. I love all people; no matter what they believe.

rofl, Erxomai... I'm an honorary black person. My black friends made me one.

Edit: going to address everyone Big Grin

...sec

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]