Questions for you all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Questions for you all
(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  I am a Troll uninterested in the thoughts atheists have. If you can please answer one or more of the questions below. You would be greatly helping my trolling!

Fixed

Quote:What does your faith mean for you at this moment of your journey in life?

Definition of atheist in English:

atheist
Pronunciation: /ˈeɪθɪɪst/
NOUN

A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods:
'he is a committed atheist'

Oxford English dictionary.

Quote:How would you describe your spiritual journey in terms of the “geography of life”?

spirituality
Pronunciation: /spɪrɪtʃʊˈalɪti/ /spɪrɪtjʊˈalɪti/
NOUN (plural spiritualities)

[MASS NOUN]
The quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things:
'the shift in priorities allows us to embrace our spirituality in a more profound way
a deep sense of spirituality that connects them to the natural environment
[COUNT NOUN]: an interest in other cultures and spiritualities'

I believe the above does not apply to myself.

Quote:In what sort of “terrain” were you born, e.g. in a nurturing garden or on rocky patch of ground or in a bright flowing river?

What nonsense is this?

Quote:Through what sort of geographic changes and spiritual weather did your journey continue?

What nonsense is this? Kindly explain what "Spiritual weather" is.

I just googled a search for the definition of this term. None was found. Obviously it is meaningless drivel.

Quote:You might think here about the losses or suffering that have changed your life, or the moments of joy or insight that have colored your life in special ways.

And this has to do with your trolling, how? Huh

Quote: How does your experience of religion play a part on this spiritual journey?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:What has held you up or renewed your hope when life seemed most discouraging or hopeless?

Self belief, determination and courage.

Quote:What makes life meaningful or worthwhile?

Life itself.

Quote:Can you describe the beliefs that are most important in guiding your life?
What is it that you value most in life?

Life itself. Others. Family. Art. Education etc etc.

Quote:How would you describe your experience of the transcendent dimension of life?

Definition of transcendent in English:

transcendent
Pronunciation: /tranˈsɛnd(ə)nt/ /ˌtrɑːnˈsɛnd(ə)nt/
ADJECTIVE

1. Beyond or above the range of normal or physical human experience:
the search for a transcendent level of knowledge
More example sentences
1.1Surpassing the ordinary; exceptional:
her transcendent beauty
More example sentences Synonyms
1.2(Of God) existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material universe. Often contrasted with immanent.
Example sentences Synonyms
2(In scholastic philosophy) higher than or not included in any of Aristotle’s ten categories.
Example sentences
2.1(In Kantian philosophy) not realizable in experience.

The above does not apply here. There is no empirical evidence for "the transcendent".

Quote:How do you sustain your energy on this spiritual journey?

The above does not apply here.

Quote:What symbols or images or rituals are important to your life?

Images? What, like a swastika or crucifix?

Rituals? I take part in no rituals as far as I am aware. I do however enjoy conversation with others.

Quote:How do you pray? Has this changed for you over the years?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:Do you spend time with the Scripture in prayer?

I have read the babble. I thought it utter nonsense.

And remember:

atheist
NOUN

Quote:How do your family and friends fit in this spiritual journey?
Are there soul friends who share your spirituality on the journey?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:How does the larger world fit into this spiritual journey?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:Have you ever “prayed the news”?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:How does religion fit into this spiritual journey?
What has religion provided for you?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:How has religion challenged you to grow and move ahead?
Has religion been a cause of struggle?

atheist
NOUN

Quote:What wisdom have you acquired on this journey? Where are you still growing or struggling?

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
Socrates

Quote:How would you describe the ground of your hope?

Hebrews 6:19?

The phrase "ground of your hope" is meaningless.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2016, 09:17 AM
since he/she asked it nicely, I'll answer them seriously.
just a side not: you've made these questions for every religion, didn't you?

What does your faith mean for you at this moment of your journey in life?
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictiona...lish/faith
faith (trust)
I think faith to often means closed mindedness: I'm trying to have none at all.
faith (religion)
atheism is not a religion...

I'll ignore the "spiritual journey" and "faith" part from now on... but PLEASE REMEMBER:
Atheism is the LACK OF A BELIEVE in a god. just that.
How would you describe your spiritual journey in terms of the “geography of life”?
sorry, but what do you mean?
In what sort of “terrain” were you born, e.g. in a nurturing garden or on rocky patch of ground or in a bright flowing river?
I've looked at the other answers, before I understood it (thxs Bucky Ball). I think you should give them more explanation next time.
Protestant Christian, but my belief in god was like my belief in new sealand: I believed it, but it didn't realy influence my life.
Through what sort of geographic changes and spiritual weather did your journey continue?
When I first started to question my religion, I became a Gnostic atheist (claiming to know that there is no god), later on I became more nuanced, and so an Agnostic atheist.
You might think here about the losses or suffering that have changed your life, or the moments of joy or insight that have colored your life in special ways.
ok...
How does your experience of religion play a part on this spiritual journey?
not at all realy. I got rid of my theism when I was about 8.
What has held you up or renewed your hope when life seemed most discouraging or hopeless?
interesting question...
I don't think I can realy answer it, since I have a lot of life experience (sarcasm)
What makes life meaningful or worthwhile?
the meaning of life is to give life meaning Smile
Can you describe the beliefs that are most important in guiding your life?
the belief my own existence, and the universe. I know I've said in the first question that I try to have no faith, but external world sceptisim will get you nowhere, so I just ignore that possiblity. I suppose that you can call that "faith".
A lot of things, that I prefere to keep privat.
How would you describe your experience of the transcendent dimension of life?
what do you mean with "transcendent dimension"???
How do you sustain your energy on this spiritual journey?
don't need energy for atheism
What symbols or images or rituals are important to your life?
apart from the things that are totaly off-topic:
none realy.
How do you pray? Has this changed for you over the years?
I don't
Do you spend time with the Scripture in prayer?
I don't pray.
And, yes, I do spend some time with scripture: I watch the Quran and Bible reloaded, and I've read the satanic bible.
How do your family and friends fit in this spiritual journey?
We rarly talk about it, because in here (the netherlands), religion is something that is private.
Are there soul friends who share your spirituality on the journey?
idk
How does the larger world fit into this spiritual journey?
my "spiritual journey", as you call it, chances to fit the larger world. Because I want to know, instead of believe.
Have you ever “prayed the news”?
never heared of it.
How does religion fit into this spiritual journey?
I see it as a group of people who are wrong, or are too lame to meet the burden of proof.
What has religion provided for you?
It gives me a topic to thing and argue about.
How has religion challenged you to grow and move ahead?
It usually wan't religion that challenged me, but theism. with arguments. they lost every single time.
Has religion been a cause of struggle?
luckly not Big Grin
What wisdom have you acquired on this journey?
I've leared a lot of logical fallacies, and made me more sceptical.
Where are you still growing or struggling?
same
How would you describe the ground of your hope?
how can a person get all their hope from a single "ground". it realy depents on the situation.

I hope it was helpfull. you can answer here, or send me a PM if you want to respond to some of the answers.

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
27-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Theist, so not able to answer, since I don't meet the criteria. But where's your Informed Consent? What about IRB permission? How did questions that technically aren't applicable to someone without religious faith get approved by said IRB?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Quote:What does your faith mean for you at this moment of your journey in life?

Quote:How would you describe your spiritual journey in terms of the “geography of life”?

Quote:In what sort of “terrain” were you born, e.g. in a nurturing garden or on rocky patch of ground or in a bright flowing river?

Quote:Through what sort of geographic changes and spiritual weather did your journey continue?

Quote:You might think here about the losses or suffering that have changed your life, or the moments of joy or insight that have colored your life in special ways.

Quote:How does your experience of religion play a part on this spiritual journey?

Quote:What has held you up or renewed your hope when life seemed most discouraging or hopeless?

Quote:Can you describe the beliefs that are most important in guiding your life?

Quote:How would you describe your experience of the transcendent dimension of life?

I hope this helps!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 8 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Here is a summary of Sunnybear24:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...unnybear24
Last visited: 20. March 2016
Time spent online: 2 minutes 50 seconds

Posted one (1) thing only. It is the OP of this thread. He has not been here since he posted it, he has not answered or clarified anything.
I do not think that he is interested in anything that does not confirm whatever he thought would be the outcome of his survey.

Thoughts on this thing: When people come to a forum like this and all they say is, that they do a study (or something like that) and then they post a huge questionnaire like this, ask something back and/or get to know the person instead of straight out volunteering the info. This guy did not even bother to read around this forum a little. Why not? This place is a great source. He would have easily gotten most of the info by just clicking around here. And after doing so, he could have posted follow up questions in a separate thread while explaining why he is really asking the things he is asking. That is how someone who is trying to learn something should really behave, or am I completely wrong on this?

(And if it wasn't clear. Of course I am not answering the questions.)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
29-06-2016, 04:22 PM
I am a religious studies major interested in the thoughts atheists have. If you can please answer one or more of the questions below. You would be greatly helping my research!

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  What does your faith mean for you at this moment of your journey in life?

I don't have faith. Or at least the religous kind.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How would you describe your spiritual journey in terms of the “geography of life”?

huh? I don't understand this question. What do you mean by geography of life?

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  In what sort of “terrain” were you born, e.g. in a nurturing garden or on rocky patch of ground or in a bright flowing river?

Uh... Nurturing garden; i suppose? Is metaphors the best way to understand a person's position in a academic study?

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Through what sort of geographic changes and spiritual weather did your journey continue?

Partly cloudy with a chance of humity. Clear sky's predicted in the coming days.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  You might think here about the losses or suffering that have changed your life, or the moments of joy or insight that have colored your life in special ways.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How does your experience of religion play a part on this spiritual journey?

I'm not on a spiritual journey. I'm just trying to live my life.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  What has held you up or renewed your hope when life seemed most discouraging or hopeless?

Friends. Family. Myself. Mostly just time. I get over the problem, forget about it, or solve the problem and carry on.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  What makes life meaningful or worthwhile?

I like trying things i've never done before. Seeing sight's that share a link to the past. Food. Sex. I'd like to have children some day.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Can you describe the beliefs that are most important in guiding your life?

I don't have beliefs.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  What is it that you value most in life?

My life it's self. I put that before anything else.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How would you describe your experience of the transcendent dimension of life?

huh?

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How do you sustain your energy on this spiritual journey?

No spirtual journey. But in life I sustain my energy, threw food and relaxation. Maybe some wine.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  What symbols or images or rituals are important to your life?

I guess my morning ritual. Shower, brush teeth comb hair, get dressed, feed cat, drink coffee. work.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How do you pray?

I don't pray.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Has this changed for you over the years?

very much so. I used to do it. Now I don't.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Do you spend time with the Scripture in prayer?

no.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How do your family and friends fit in this spiritual journey?

No spirtual journey.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Are there soul friends who share your spirituality on the journey?

No, spirtual journey.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  How does the larger world fit into this spiritual journey?

No spirtual journey.

(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  Have you ever “prayed the news”?

I don't pray. And I leave the new's to news anchors.

[Image: breaking-news-ron-burgundy.png]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-06-2016, 04:28 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 10:01 PM
(20-03-2016 04:30 PM)Sunnybear24 Wrote:  I am a religious studies major interested in the thoughts atheists have. If you can please answer one or more of the questions below. You would be greatly helping my research!

OK.

Code:
What does your faith mean for you at this moment of your journey in life?

Faith by definition is to deny evidence so that dogmatic or generational beliefs such as a religion can be preserved and it must be destroyed.

Holidaywhobewhatty now?

umm...what? What kind of woo woo metaphorical question is this?

Thunderstorms?, I guess? I really do like me a good thunderstorm so I will go with that one.

Not really in the form of a question but every event in our life shapes us into what we are.

Quote: How does your experience of religion play a part on this spiritual journey?
I am not spiritual so my experience with religion plays nothing into it. The closest thing to a spiritual feeling is when I think about the science of evolution and biology in how all life from every particle to every tree and animal is all related to one another as a single living entity we call earth.

OK, a question...a good question and not something woo woo or downright confusing, cool..I have no idea. I just don't think about it and am pretty much impervious to long duration of feeling like that.

Whatever the individual finds value in.

My own personal happiness is what is most important. Enjoying life and making sure It lasts as long as possible.

There is none.

Again, I have no real spirituality.

Quote:What symbols or images or rituals are important to your life?

None.
Quote:How do you pray? Has this changed for you over the years?

Atheists don't pray.

Quote:Do you spend time with the Scripture in prayer?

No, there is no such thing as an atheist scripture.

Quote:How do your family and friends fit in this spiritual journey?

Again, Don't have that, and my family can fuck off in regards to anything I do on my own personal time.

Quote: Are there soul friends who share your spirituality on the journey?

No

Quote:How does the larger world fit into this spiritual journey?

All is one, and we are part of the all.

Even though I have no idea what that means, the answer is still no.

Quote:How does religion fit into this spiritual journey?

It don't
Quote: What has religion provided for you?

Heart Break, Anger, Disgust, Hatred, Contempt, Headaches, Despair, Sorrow and every other negative feeling imaginable.
Quote:How has religion challenged you to grow and move ahead?
It has divided me from it and made me a smarter, more caring and more logical person than anyone of those religions ever could be.
Quote: Has religion been a cause of struggle?

I am an anti-theist so yes.

Quote:What wisdom have you acquired on this journey? Where are you still growing or struggling?

I still can't do math very well.

Quote:How would you describe the ground of your hope?

I don't know what my answer is on this.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-07-2016, 10:24 PM
What what what??? This thread has been resurrected??? Somebody get one of these, quick smart!

[Image: 16cat1.jpg]

This girl can wield it.

[Image: acadia_preview.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-07-2016, 05:13 AM
(06-07-2016 10:01 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
Even though I have no idea what that means, the answer is still no.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP