Questions for you....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Questions for you....
(25-09-2017 03:12 PM)MarylinC Wrote:  It really bugs me how much religion has infected our entire language. Almost all of our public holidays in the UK are on noteable religious dates and even our date system is determined by religion.

That's what happens when the religiously deluded have thousands of years head start on infecting and shaping society.

I try to avoid religious phrases as much as possible in day to day speech but it certainly isn't easy.

Have fun with it! When I hear "oh my god!", which is a LOT, I quickly respond "Mine too!" which really confuses people. I like saying "Holy Hera!" which I heard on a Disney movie once. Of course 'Ramen!' is a nice finisher if you're Pastafarian.

I'm agnostic on agnosticism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like grejen's post
26-09-2017, 10:56 AM
My wife doesn't like "bless you", so to her, I say gesundheit. To those who say "bless you", I'll say the same when they sneeze. I personally don't care about it.
26-09-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm Canadian, so when I sneeze, I apologize.

(seriously, I do sneeze about once a day in the office, and can't help apologizing to my co-workers, who generally chuckle because my sneezes are so unexpectedly violent and yet predictable)

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
26-09-2017, 01:39 PM
(26-09-2017 10:54 AM)grejen Wrote:  Have fun with it! When I hear "oh my god!", which is a LOT, I quickly respond "Mine too!" which really confuses people...

I actually heard a seppo say "oh em gee" the other day on TV. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-09-2017, 01:43 PM
(26-09-2017 01:39 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 10:54 AM)grejen Wrote:  Have fun with it! When I hear "oh my god!", which is a LOT, I quickly respond "Mine too!" which really confuses people...

I actually heard a seppo say "oh em gee" the other day on TV. Tongue

I've recently made a friend who says "el oh el" Facepalm I mean srsly FFS.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-09-2017, 02:07 PM
(26-09-2017 01:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've recently made a friend who says "el oh el" Facepalm I mean srsly FFS.

Well, you didn't make them very well then, did ya? Es Ar Es El Wɑɪ Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post