Questions out of the blue...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2010, 03:37 PM

RE: Questions out of the blue...
(23-03-2010 03:10 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  If 'god' made man in his image, then what about women? If 'god' is a 'he', how did he come to conceptualize a 'she'? Is 'god' a hermaphrodite, then?

If I remember correctly, I have read somewhere that in the original texts, God was referred to as both male and female, and even ambiguous. I think it was the later translations that decided God was male.
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Is it gay to want to live with Jesus for eternity and have him love me and hold my hand?
23-03-2010, 06:05 PM

(23-03-2010 03:41 PM)Grassharpper Wrote:  Is it gay to want to live with Jesus for eternity and have him love me and hold my hand?

You get a '1' for reputation for your quote above. Classic! Smile
23-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Are YOU a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2010, 07:56 PM
If there was a god, why didn't he make us solar-powered? Seems kind of odd to create man, create a bunny, create man to find the bunny cute, but have to kill and eat the bunny to live. He is a real jerk-god.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
23-03-2010, 09:09 PM

(23-03-2010 06:05 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
(23-03-2010 03:41 PM)Grassharpper Wrote:  Is it gay to want to live with Jesus for eternity and have him love me and hold my hand?

You get a '1' for reputation for your quote above. Classic! Smile
Thanks, but if I start getting a good reputation it will destroy my reputation.
(23-03-2010 07:56 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  If there was a god, why didn't he make us solar-powered? Seems kind of odd to create man, create a bunny, create man to find the bunny cute, but have to kill and eat the bunny to live. He is a real jerk-god.
I know--right? If you were a loving god, wouldn't you make all animals vegetarian (and farts smell good)? I think the fact that animals have to chase each other down and rip the flesh off another beautiful creature's bones (or pay someone to do it) is a pretty good indication that no "creator" is watching, or cares, or exists.
23-03-2010, 10:00 PM
(23-03-2010 06:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Are YOU a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

I wish...

23-03-2010, 10:29 PM

What do you look like in heaven? Do you look like you did right after the accident? Are there a bunch of old frail people milling around up there? If you die when you're a baby, do you have to go through eternity looking ridiculous?
24-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Where exactly is heaven supposed to be located? What about hell?

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2010, 04:53 AM

Why do people believe just about anything? (well, excluding skeptics, of course Tongue)