Questions to a Bible-Believing Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2010, 02:26 PM
RE: Questions to a Bible-Believing Christian
If the god of the bible and bible are true, god must be just playing with us. It's obvious, all the long walks in deserts and drowning people and animals would'nt have been necessary, just if god would have wanted to use his magic wand.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2010, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 01:16 AM by No J..)
(10-09-2010 10:41 AM)Dregs Wrote:  I've always had the thought, why a flood? I mean there are way way easier ways to kill off a population, no? I'm just saying.

Yes, it there are easier ways to just kill off a population, but if you want to scare the masses into submission, the threat of mega-overkill is a lot more awe inspiring.
11-09-2010, 05:42 AM
ALex--Even though it says in Genesis that Adam and Eve were the first people, after Cain killed Abel he went to the Land of Nod where there were already other people living (makes perfect sense, huh?) and found a wife and started having kids.
When I was a kid, I could read quite well at an early age. I tried to read the Bible (My Grandmother gave me one--my parents were Non-religious), and right off the bat that made NO SENSE to me, so I took the rest of it with a grain of salt.
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM

(11-09-2010 05:42 AM)catdance62 Wrote:  ALex--Even though it says in Genesis that Adam and Eve were the first people, after Cain killed Abel he went to the Land of Nod where there were already other people living (makes perfect sense, huh?) and found a wife and started having kids.
When I was a kid, I could read quite well at an early age. I tried to read the Bible (My Grandmother gave me one--my parents were Non-religious), and right off the bat that made NO SENSE to me, so I took the rest of it with a grain of salt.

Good catch. I had tuned out by that point.
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
If you take the Genesis account of creation to be literally true than which version of creation do you believe? There are two creation versions; chapter 1 and chapter 2, both contradictory in some ways.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure if I remember right, but does'nt genesis say that once there were giants?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
(11-09-2010 10:09 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I'm not sure if I remember right, but does'nt genesis say that once there were giants?

Yes.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
13-09-2010, 03:12 AM

The judaeo-christian bible is laced with contradictory accounts of things, mythical 'explanations' for the real world, and logical fallacies. It is clearly a product of late Bronze age (and earlier) societies that had only recently emerged from barbarism into collective activities based on agriculture. That it is purported to have had a divine inspiration is to infer that the deity behind it is an idiot, homicidal, and psychotically self-centered.
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2010, 10:29 AM
(31-08-2010 04:36 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Radioactive decay rates.

Every radioactive chemical on Earth has a half-life. If we know the amount of chemical in a substance now, we can use the knowledge of the chemical's half-life to trace its age. The less of the substance remaining, the older the rock is.

I´m sorry, this really is splitting hears, but i will correct you anyway. The age of rock is determined not simply by measuring how much of a radioactive material is left in it. this would not tell you anything, since you have no idea of how much of the material was in the rock in the first place. You need to measure how much radioactive material is in it, and also how much there is of the material it deteriorates into. The ratio + knowledge of the half-life gives you the age.
Like I said. Hairsplitting. But gaining and spreading information is kind of my thing, so thanks for amusing me. Smile
(11-09-2010 10:09 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I'm not sure if I remember right, but does'nt genesis say that once there were giants?

Sure your not thinking of the band? Tongue

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
17-09-2010, 11:17 AM
(17-09-2010 10:29 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  I´m sorry, this really is splitting hears, but i will correct you anyway. The age of rock is determined not simply by measuring how much of a radioactive material is left in it. this would not tell you anything, since you have no idea of how much of the material was in the rock in the first place. You need to measure how much radioactive material is in it, and also how much there is of the material it deteriorates into. The ratio + knowledge of the half-life gives you the age.
Like I said. Hairsplitting. But gaining and spreading information is kind of my thing, so thanks for amusing me. Smile

It's no problem. Actually, I corrected myself later in the thread, when Barley asked for more information.

Welcome to TTAF, by the way.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner