Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:14 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The first commandment.

The first commandment tells people not to worship other gods, it does not say that there are no other gods. Even if it did, and we accepted it as authoritative, it does not classify the other entities that people worshiped as either angels or demons. You are reading a great deal into it that is not there.

As others have pointed out, the bible is not evidence for your god anyway. It is the claim. It is a book that, as far as I can see, is a compilation of mythology from bronze-age Israel and the surrounding areas. It is no more compelling than many other collections of ancient myths. I would need evidence that the stories it contains are true to believe anything more.

(22-11-2015 11:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Pointing out fallacies is no basis of argument. Bring out your own arguments and disprove God.

I am not attempting to disprove god. You came to an atheist forum and are claiming that god exists and that the xian bible is an authoritative tome. I am asking you to support that claim. So far your arguments have been fallacies and speculation and pointing that out is the only response needed.

(22-11-2015 11:33 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  NOTE: my article is called "davidking's theory". This is not law,its just my own way of explaining things that we basically cannot understand. This should be at the same level with that of Charles Darwin.

LOL. Darwin's work was the culmination of decades of excruciatingly detailed examination of the actual evidence that he found. The theory of evolution by natural selection has been tested repeatedly against biology, geology, paleontology, bacteriology, an just about every other -ology you can name and has withstood the challenges. It has been modified and extended over the years as we've learned more but it is based on mountains of physical evidence and experimentation.

You've jotted down some speculations about things you clearly admit that you don't understand. You might someday want to look up the definition of theory as used by scientists. You might even begin to see how foolish you sound.

A theory is different from a scientific theory. Theories are speculations dumb ass
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 11:56 AM
(22-11-2015 11:38 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  You will be a very bad lawyer then. I'll like to see you win a case by just shouting "objection,objection,my lord -a logical fallacy" I guess understanding is what you lack.

If the defense attorney can show that the prosecution's case does not withstand scrutiny then that is all that is needed. The defense is not compelled to produce evidence of innocence, only the prosecution has a burden of proof.

Based on a finding of reasonable doubt given the lack of credible evidence, your god is found not guilty of existing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
(22-11-2015 11:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The first commandment tells people not to worship other gods, it does not say that there are no other gods. Even if it did, and we accepted it as authoritative, it does not classify the other entities that people worshiped as either angels or demons. You are reading a great deal into it that is not there.

As others have pointed out, the bible is not evidence for your god anyway. It is the claim. It is a book that, as far as I can see, is a compilation of mythology from bronze-age Israel and the surrounding areas. It is no more compelling than many other collections of ancient myths. I would need evidence that the stories it contains are true to believe anything more.

I am not attempting to disprove god. You came to an atheist forum and are claiming that god exists and that the xian bible is an authoritative tome. I am asking you to support that claim. So far your arguments have been fallacies and speculation and pointing that out is the only response needed.

LOL. Darwin's work was the culmination of decades of excruciatingly detailed examination of the actual evidence that he found. The theory of evolution by natural selection has been tested repeatedly against biology, geology, paleontology, bacteriology, an just about every other -ology you can name and has withstood the challenges. It has been modified and extended over the years as we've learned more but it is based on mountains of physical evidence and experimentation.

You've jotted down some speculations about things you clearly admit that you don't understand. You might someday want to look up the definition of theory as used by scientists. You might even begin to see how foolish you sound.

A theory is different from a scientific theory. Theories are speculations dumb ass

mhmmm well congrats on understanding the basics of the term theory. Speaking of dumbasses, provide one person who ever wrote of jesus who actually knew him....just one........I will wait patiently...good luck.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
(22-11-2015 10:01 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  If you have experience an animal that killed another animal without the said animal being hungry or being threatened,gladly share with the forum

Sure, here you go. Chimpanzees murder for land. That was easy. Got anything harder?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-11-2015, 11:58 AM
(22-11-2015 11:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  A theory is different from a scientific theory. Theories are speculations dumb ass

The word you are looking for is “hypothesis”, dumb ass. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-11-2015, 12:00 PM
(22-11-2015 11:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  A theory is different from a scientific theory. Theories are speculations dumb ass

The word you are looking for is “hypothesis”, dumb ass. Laugh out load

A theory is a hypothesis by dictionary standard. A theory is different from a scientific theory dumb ass
22-11-2015, 12:02 PM
(22-11-2015 10:28 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Most atheist I know spend their time reading the bible,the koran,the torah,the kaballah, watching James randi videos and youtube atheist arguments with creationist. Juggle that with work,where do you find the time to live life?

I don't do any of those things, but if I did my answer to your question would be that some of us can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. Multitasking, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

#sigh
22-11-2015, 12:02 PM

What did you think I meant by "You might someday want to look up the definition of theory as used by scientists"? It appears that your reading comprehension is pretty low.

You're the one who put your "theory" on par with Darwin's. His is a scientific theory. You can attempt to conflate that with the everyday use where it is synonymous with speculation but that is not going to pass unnoticed here. We're far too used to theists trying to equivocate on terminology like that.

I'm waiting to see this great "theory" though. I suspect that calling it speculation will even be too generous. Even that requires some basic knowledge to be of value and so far you have only presented kindergarten theology.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-11-2015, 12:04 PM
(22-11-2015 11:54 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ahhh working on a mathematical calculations final project today...hope I have time to take our new friend on a tour of the knowledge garden....It would be a nice side distraction and takes minimal effort as usual Consider

Yabut, using a bazooka to kill a mosquito just isn't fair.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-11-2015, 12:06 PM
(22-11-2015 12:02 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

What did you think I meant by "You might someday want to look up the definition of theory as used by scientists"? It appears that your reading comprehension is pretty low.

You're the one who put your "theory" on par with Darwin's. His is a scientific theory. You can attempt to conflate that with the everyday use where it is synonymous with speculation but that is not going to pass unnoticed here. We're far too used to theists trying to equivocate on terminology like that.

I'm waiting to see this great "theory" though. I suspect that calling it speculation will even be too generous. Even that requires some basic knowledge to be of value and so far you have only presented kindergarten theology.

I'm getting way too many replies that I can't wait to read each and every text critically. My bad,you guys should chill a lil.