Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 11:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The first commandment tells people not to worship other gods, it does not say that there are no other gods. Even if it did, and we accepted it as authoritative, it does not classify the other entities that people worshiped as either angels or demons. You are reading a great deal into it that is not there.

As others have pointed out, the bible is not evidence for your god anyway. It is the claim. It is a book that, as far as I can see, is a compilation of mythology from bronze-age Israel and the surrounding areas. It is no more compelling than many other collections of ancient myths. I would need evidence that the stories it contains are true to believe anything more.

I am not attempting to disprove god. You came to an atheist forum and are claiming that god exists and that the xian bible is an authoritative tome. I am asking you to support that claim. So far your arguments have been fallacies and speculation and pointing that out is the only response needed.

LOL. Darwin's work was the culmination of decades of excruciatingly detailed examination of the actual evidence that he found. The theory of evolution by natural selection has been tested repeatedly against biology, geology, paleontology, bacteriology, an just about every other -ology you can name and has withstood the challenges. It has been modified and extended over the years as we've learned more but it is based on mountains of physical evidence and experimentation.

You've jotted down some speculations about things you clearly admit that you don't understand. You might someday want to look up the definition of theory as used by scientists. You might even begin to see how foolish you sound.

A theory is different from a scientific theory. Theories are speculations dumb ass

Tell you what my ineducable friend, when you get tired of being everyone's chew toy, and trying to maintain 30 different conversations, muster up some courage and click below:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring

This is the boxing ring, it is where one person can invite another to an one on one debate, and no one else can chime in. They can watch, but not participate. I would LOVE to enter civil discourse with you on any subject related to theology. Simply click above link, start a new thread...something like "DKR invites GWG to a debate"...or however you choose to word it, I will reply, accept and we can begin. Now, I am extremely busy today working on a large project, but trust me, I always have time to help those infected with faith...becareful what you ask for, I am not one to toy with unless you have knowledge on the subject....unless you enjoy being publicly humiliated, whatever floats your boat. I can be as respectful as you...ball is in your court princess, put your game face on..........come on....don't run....THIS is why you came here, to school atheists...come school me

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 12:07 PM
(22-11-2015 11:47 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:44 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm not sure where you get your little skit with you and John comes from. Let me guess... "Many conversations with atheists."

For one, studies do in fact show why we speak different languages. It's called linguistics. Maybe you read some Greenberg, Comrie, or Chomsky.

And you shouldn't bring up your buddy Lot. He was willing to throw his daughters into a crowd to be raped instead of strangers. Doesn't sound like consent.

My john the atheist skit was made up. Linguistics! Wow! Never thought of that. Thanks!
Lot knew these men were angels
So you come here, spout off old arguments against atheism, and when someone answers you act like that?

Wow, so original. No theist has ever done that!

Lot still offered his daughters to the crowd. Can't rape angels but he still was willing to toss his daughters out.
22-11-2015, 12:07 PM
(22-11-2015 12:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:54 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ahhh working on a mathematical calculations final project today...hope I have time to take our new friend on a tour of the knowledge garden....It would be a nice side distraction and takes minimal effort as usual Consider

Yabut, using a bazooka to kill a mosquito just isn't fair.

Very funny. I'm sure the world is laughing right now.
22-11-2015, 12:09 PM
(22-11-2015 12:07 PM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 12:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yabut, using a bazooka to kill a mosquito just isn't fair.

Very funny. I'm sure the world is laughing right now.

You will find out very soon if you have the courage to debate me....see two posts above yours, click link...come child, don't be afraid, this is why you came here afterall, don't sling insults and posit threats of damnation, come show us you can articulate, validate and substantiate your faith.....don't run...

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 12:14 PM
(22-11-2015 12:09 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 12:07 PM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Very funny. I'm sure the world is laughing right now.

You will find out very soon if you have the courage to debate me....see two posts above yours, click link...come child, don't be afraid, this is why you came here afterall, don't sling insults and posit threats of damnation, come show us you can articulate, validate and substantiate your faith.....don't run...

What's stopping you from starting a thread and inviting me?
[+] 2 users Like davidkingrichie's post
22-11-2015, 12:16 PM
(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  An article on morality -
If there is no God and there is no distinction between us and that of animals (excluding that of higher intellectual abilities),then it will be safe to have sexual relations with your mother,sister,father,daughter,cousin,your horse,your pet snake,your dog,anything and everything with a sexual organ. Laws against homosexuality,beastiality,perverts,rape,animal right will seem redundant and foolish as we are all animals and we have equal rights. You don't arrest a dog for killing a cat,or arrest a lion for killing and eating a deer. Everything will be a natural process as we are animals that don't need laws to curb our animalistic nature. Laws as we know it will be repealed, redressed and questioned critically. Laws against killing will be foolish and irrelevant because as animals,we need to ensure our survival,and if a stupid cop threatens that,i should kill him,burn him and eat him because i'm an animal and I can do no better. People will say that non-existence of God doesn't remove the empathy/moral code we all feel,but empathy is only felt when survival is not threatened and issue of morals doesn't exist for animals. If a man means no harm to me and i'm not hungry for his flesh,killing him will be against nature. We as animals don't kill for no reason. You could stay with a pack of well fed lions and they will do no harm to you if you don't threaten their existence. Animal rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will be stupid to begin with in the first place. Human rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will also be stupid to begin with. The universal law of nature will then be "do not kill for irrelevance( when not threatened or hungry) but do so with purpose."
Atheist don't think critically about their stand and the effect it can have on humanity as we know it. Most atheist factions separates themselves from atheist-perverts,atheist-cannibals and their likes because they can't understand the effect of atheism on humanity. Even if the US/World government is run by atheists,killers and perverts,these fools are wise enough not to ban religion and debunk it totally for the sake of humanity and the existence of law.

If you need religion in order to avoid being a murderous rapist, please keep believing.

Love,

Thump
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-11-2015, 12:20 PM
(22-11-2015 12:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  An article on morality -
If there is no God and there is no distinction between us and that of animals (excluding that of higher intellectual abilities),then it will be safe to have sexual relations with your mother,sister,father,daughter,cousin,your horse,your pet snake,your dog,anything and everything with a sexual organ. Laws against homosexuality,beastiality,perverts,rape,animal right will seem redundant and foolish as we are all animals and we have equal rights. You don't arrest a dog for killing a cat,or arrest a lion for killing and eating a deer. Everything will be a natural process as we are animals that don't need laws to curb our animalistic nature. Laws as we know it will be repealed, redressed and questioned critically. Laws against killing will be foolish and irrelevant because as animals,we need to ensure our survival,and if a stupid cop threatens that,i should kill him,burn him and eat him because i'm an animal and I can do no better. People will say that non-existence of God doesn't remove the empathy/moral code we all feel,but empathy is only felt when survival is not threatened and issue of morals doesn't exist for animals. If a man means no harm to me and i'm not hungry for his flesh,killing him will be against nature. We as animals don't kill for no reason. You could stay with a pack of well fed lions and they will do no harm to you if you don't threaten their existence. Animal rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will be stupid to begin with in the first place. Human rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will also be stupid to begin with. The universal law of nature will then be "do not kill for irrelevance( when not threatened or hungry) but do so with purpose."
Atheist don't think critically about their stand and the effect it can have on humanity as we know it. Most atheist factions separates themselves from atheist-perverts,atheist-cannibals and their likes because they can't understand the effect of atheism on humanity. Even if the US/World government is run by atheists,killers and perverts,these fools are wise enough not to ban religion and debunk it totally for the sake of humanity and the existence of law.

If you need religion in order to avoid being a murderous rapist, please keep believing.

Love,

Thump

Lmao
22-11-2015, 12:20 PM
(22-11-2015 12:14 PM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 12:09 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You will find out very soon if you have the courage to debate me....see two posts above yours, click link...come child, don't be afraid, this is why you came here afterall, don't sling insults and posit threats of damnation, come show us you can articulate, validate and substantiate your faith.....don't run...

What's stopping you from starting a thread and inviting me?

Oh dear Norgg....it has been at least two days since I had a theist for breakfast, awesome...click below:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...vil-debate

Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 03:49 PM by WillHopp.)
(22-11-2015 11:38 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  To the contrary, pointing out fallacies is equivalent to lawyers pointing out precedents, the work has already been done to show your argument is fallacious and not worthy of consideration. We don't have to show our work because it's been done before and this isn't third-grade mathematics class.

You stil don't understand any of this, do you?

You will be a very bad lawyer then. I'll like to see you win a case by just shouting "objection,objection,my lord -a logical fallacy" I guess understanding is what you lack.

A lawyer who uses precedents in motion hearings is considered bad? You are totally clueless about how life works, which again is no surprise given your worldview of gawddidit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 02:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-11-2015 10:04 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 09:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Welcome.
We study the bible here. Really we do.
We LOVE the Bible.

Ya see, morality is found there. Laughat Facepalm Weeping

Deuteronomy 21:18–21 :
"If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear".

What I don't get is this. If atheists believe that there is no God and life ends in death,then why waste you time debating about this? Why have a forum about this? Why don't you experience all the fun life has to offer? Oh,wait! Hmmmmm....

Well, Mr. 3names, it's like this.

1. MATURE humans have ethics, and ethical principles. They hold these principles, not for your childish "oh, I get a reward" but because they maybe have studied Philosophy and have determined what a "good life" consists of. They grew up from the "sucker from the dentist" phase.
2. I hope you know, that one of major religious traditions, (which we know a LOT more about than you ever will), had NO HEAVEN and no HELL until well after the Exilic period, and that was never an essential part of the tradition from which Christianity arose ... we can discuss that in great detail, IF you have the background in the study of Comparative Religion to even begin it.
3. Every single ethical principle which now exists in the Bible, Judaism and Christianity came from the cultures in which it existed. These religious tradition TOOK values which ALREADY existed in their cultures, sanctioned them, and wrote them INTO their ethical systems, NOT the other way around. This is easily proven by people who know history, and cultural anthropology, (which really is the source of morality and ethics).

So I can only assume you are a rank beginner at all this, if that really is your first question, .... and we'd be happy to enlighten you on anything you don't know about the origins of religious ideas and beliefs.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post