Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 01:51 PM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  1. James 1: 9-11,ecclesiastes 1 - end.
" vanity of vanities! All is vanity. What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?....."
2. The promise of eternal life.

The Bible doesn't say that :

Psalm 39 :
"Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart, and am no more"

Psalm 115 :
The dead do not praise the Lord,
nor do any that go down into silence".

However ALL the dead, both good and bad, were thought to go to an underground region called "Sheol". And Sheol is referenced in mostly the Wisdom texts. It's certainly NOT where God lives.

Psalm 6 : "For in death there is no remembrance of you, in Sheol, who can give you praise ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 05:23 PM
A small gift of reason for you DKR...

Faith is the belief in something without evidence. As a tool, as an epistemology, as a method of reasoning, as a process for knowing the world, faith cannot adjudicate between competing claims. The ONLY way to figure out which claims about the world are likely true, and which are likely false, is through reason and evidence. There is no other way.

With reliable forms of reasoning comes the capability of crafting conditions that enable people to navigate life's obstacles. By using a more reliable form of reasoning, people are more capable of bringing about conditions that enable them to flourish.

To argue that people need faith is to abandon hope, and to condescend and accuse the faithful of being incapable of understanding the importance of reason and rationality. There are better and worse ways to come to terms with death, to find strength during times of personal crisis, to make meaning and purpose in our lives, to interpret our sense of awe and wonder, and to contribute to human well-being...and the faithful are completely capable of understanding and achieving this..if they would only try.

Man created all gods in his own image. There is no eternal creator, no little sky genie rubbing its hands together deciding on whether or not it will grant the billions of prayers from its little human experiment on planet earth....I pity your worldview, truly. I do understand it though, it is based on fear...fear created from ignorance of fact, and the gullible embrace of fabricated religious dogma. Live your life David, you don't need the crutch and blindfold of faith.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 05:29 PM
(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  An article on morality -
If there is no God and there is no distinction between us and that of animals (excluding that of higher intellectual abilities),then it will be safe to have sexual relations with your mother,sister,father,daughter,cousin,your horse,your pet snake,your dog,anything and everything with a sexual organ. Laws against homosexuality,beastiality,perverts,rape,animal right will seem redundant and foolish as we are all animals and we have equal rights. You don't arrest a dog for killing a cat,or arrest a lion for killing and eating a deer. Everything will be a natural process as we are animals that don't need laws to curb our animalistic nature. Laws as we know it will be repealed, redressed and questioned critically. Laws against killing will be foolish and irrelevant because as animals,we need to ensure our survival,and if a stupid cop threatens that,i should kill him,burn him and eat him because i'm an animal and I can do no better. People will say that non-existence of God doesn't remove the empathy/moral code we all feel,but empathy is only felt when survival is not threatened and issue of morals doesn't exist for animals. If a man means no harm to me and i'm not hungry for his flesh,killing him will be against nature. We as animals don't kill for no reason. You could stay with a pack of well fed lions and they will do no harm to you if you don't threaten their existence. Animal rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will be stupid to begin with in the first place. Human rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will also be stupid to begin with. The universal law of nature will then be "do not kill for irrelevance( when not threatened or hungry) but do so with purpose."
Atheist don't think critically about their stand and the effect it can have on humanity as we know it. Most atheist factions separates themselves from atheist-perverts,atheist-cannibals and their likes because they can't understand the effect of atheism on humanity. Even if the US/World government is run by atheists,killers and perverts,these fools are wise enough not to ban religion and debunk it totally for the sake of humanity and the existence of law.

The irony of christians condemning incest and beastiality is too much for me today Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-11-2015, 05:47 PM
(22-11-2015 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 12:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Such a vapid reply got the first negative rep I've given on this forum.

I bet it felt good. Yes

Meh. Telling a douchebag he's a douchebag ... I'm not sure it was worth it.
22-11-2015, 05:55 PM
(22-11-2015 11:10 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Which one/s?

"Welcome to Godchecker
We have more Gods than you can shake a stick at.”

Our legendary mythology encyclopedia now includes nearly four thousand weird and wonderful Gods, Supreme Beings, Demons, Spirits and Fabulous Beasts from all over the world. Explore ancient legends and folklore, and discover Gods of everything from Fertility to Fluff with Godchecker...

http://www.godchecker.com
The supreme being is God and God alone. All Those are either angels or demons

Evidence please.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-11-2015, 06:07 PM
....and here goes the point every Christian misses....this same "omniscient" god knew when he started his little creation exercise by making at least 400+ billion planets (hubble telescope can see that many) until he got at least one juuuuuuust right, then grabbed a handful of dirt and made man.....etc etc as per the fairy tale...when he planted the tree of knowledge he KNEW they would eat of it, and thus he KNEW they would violate his order, and KNEW this would create a self-fulfilled problem of "original sin" of which god demands atonement for, but....and get this folks...man can never pay that debt....so he KNEW he would have to slice off some holy ghost and stick it in an alleged virgin to become jesus the Christ, who would die for man's sin, thus fulfilling the incarnation and atonement theory, and giving man a way to wash themselves clean of this hand-me-down eternal sin, and enter heaven......

HE KNEW all of this, so the causal of sin is god. He KNOWINGLY created this endless eternal BS sin theory, demanding of himself a sacrifice, of himself for himself...talk about narcissistic, and here we are today....all because this allegedly omniscient god wanted to play the temper tantrum throwing childish being who wanted abject worship and eternal hand wringing by his creations groveling for forgiveness for sin that he created by making it in the first place. If he KNEW it was all going to happen...then why bother, if he KNEW he would have to murder the entire planets inhabitants and save 8 to start over again, then why bother, why even make it rain, wiggle his 5th appendage and make every human drop dead, heck *poof* disappear...but no.....it just all sounds so......man made...so made up.....because it is.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 06:09 PM
(22-11-2015 10:42 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:40 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  But the pro leprechaun people do not try to control the government to steer it towards spending billions to find a pot of gold. There are many people in and out of our government in the US who are trying to get the temple rebuilt to usher in the second coming. Why do you think so many christians here support Israel? I assure you it has nothing to do with humanism, these people are trying to bring on the end of the world.

If you don't believe in God,then you won't mind them building their temples to bring about the end of the world.

More to the point, they're trying to bring about a mythical end to the world by fueling and funding a very-much-real religious combination genocidal blood feud and religious war in the "holy" land which is causing the grinding deaths of thousands, an oppressive apartheid state, heightened geopolitical instability throughout the entire region that has caused democratic progress to stagnate and regress, and ultimately is a factor contributing to terrorism targeting us here in the West. (Though it would be bad enough even if it didn't come back home to roost.)

Those funds could be going to cure cancer and childhood diseases instead.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
22-11-2015, 06:15 PM
(22-11-2015 12:00 PM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The word you are looking for is “hypothesis”, dumb ass. Laugh out load

A theory is a hypothesis by dictionary standard. A theory is different from a scientific theory dumb ass

You are making a fool of yourself and I'm truly enjoying it Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-11-2015, 06:48 PM
(22-11-2015 10:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:
What you do here seems good to you. Showing love and care to doubtful minds and guiding them to your path,but it doesn't replace having a life. Ok,you believe there is no God,whats next? Come on here and do what? You should be living life,smoking the best of weeds,flying to different countries,meeting people,making connections and having amazing sex. Well,i know very few people who live like that and they are not atheists.

If you have such a lack of self control that the only thing that keeps you from running amuck, killing willy-nilly, having sex with everyone you meet and smoking weed 24-7 is the threat from an imaginary god in a two thousand year old book then you're a scary fella.

I was raised in a very secluded, mountainous area by atheist parents without any tv, radio and modern conveniences. I had no concept of god. None. I knew nothing of any person named Jesus or Mohammad, Shiva or Buddha until I was around 10 years old and there was a brief mention of some baby in a manger somewhere. Guess what, I have never killed nor had extramarital affairs (been married 25 years) I've never smoked weed, I don't drink, I don't go around putting poison in neighbors dog food. I don't hate my neighbors. I even rake the leaves from my maple tree that fall into their yards because life is nicer when you treat others well. Compared to most of the religious people I know my 6 atheist brothers, my parents and I are pretty decent people.

Interestingly enough, the one person who seemed to have caused the most havoc and heartache in our family is my sister, who at age 25 converted to Christianity. She has been the source of hate, pain and discord for everyone.

When I die I won't exist as I didn't exist before I was born. Since I won't exist I won't know I'm not existing.

You prove with incontrovertible, hard substantial evidence that a god exists then I might believe in this god, although if it's the egomaniac, psychopathic, self-centered, blood thirsty war god depicted in the bible I'll take a pass. But so far, over thousands of years billions of people have no proof that a god exists. And by the way, an old book that says it's proof of god isn't proof of god... so posting a wall of biblical quotes is meaningless nonsense. I'm not gonna read a bunch of shit written by goat herders who thought bats were birds and rabbits chewed their cud. Just so ya know.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-11-2015, 07:38 PM
DId King David wander off to play elsewhere?