Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 07:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  DId King David wander off to play elsewhere?

Observing the sabbath, possibly?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 08:28 PM
I'd guess that like so many religionists he thought we were all 7th grade level and all he had to do was announce his elf and we'd all fall in line. I see that so often. "You sure can quote the Bible for an atheist." I hear often, and why not!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
22-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Is it possible he hit his post max for one day as a newbie?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 09:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  An article on morality -
If there is no God and there is no distinction between us and that of animals

Thanks for the non-sequitur. One has nothing to do with the other. WE are animals. Pattern seeking primates (proven by DNA BTW) in which brains have evolved to a somewhat higher level than other monkey families. The question of whether a god exists is a separate matter. You don't get to invent/cook up a god because you *need* one in order to make your system work, just because you don't like the consequences. Grow a pair, and face reality. Sounds like you FEAR the idea that there may not be a sky-fairy.

(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  (excluding that of higher intellectual abilities),then it will be safe to have sexual relations with your mother,sister,father,daughter,cousin,your horse,your pet snake,your dog,anything and everything with a sexual organ.

Thanks for revealing your perverted mind, and telling us what YOU would be doing, without your Jebus, and his rules. In fact, evolution has demonstrated most of those are not productive ways for humans to act. But it's clear why you think you need your invisible friend, if those are the things you would be doing without him. By all means keep your invisible friend.

(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Laws against homosexuality,beastiality,perverts,rape,animal right will seem redundant and foolish as we are all animals and we have equal rights. You don't arrest a dog for killing a cat,or arrest a lion for killing and eating a deer. Everything will be a natural process as we are animals that don't need laws to curb our animalistic nature.

Some people are raised by parents who teach them some of those are not ethical or productive. Sorry if yours didn't and you need your Jebus to do that for you.

(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Laws as we know it will be repealed, redressed and questioned critically. Laws against killing will be foolish and irrelevant because as animals,we need to ensure our survival,and if a stupid cop threatens that,i should kill him,burn him and eat him because i'm an animal and I can do no better.

If you would REALLY do that without your Jebus, you are sicker than I thought.

(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  People will say that non-existence of God doesn't remove the empathy/moral code we all feel,but empathy is only felt when survival is not threatened and issue of morals doesn't exist for animals. If a man means no harm to me and i'm not hungry for his flesh,killing him will be against nature. We as animals don't kill for no reason. You could stay with a pack of well fed lions and they will do no harm to you if you don't threaten their existence. Animal rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will be stupid to begin with in the first place. Human rights will be removed as we are all animals,and such rights will also be stupid to begin with. The universal law of nature will then be "do not kill for irrelevance( when not threatened or hungry) but do so with purpose." Atheist don't think critically about their stand and the effect it can have on humanity as we know it. Most atheist factions separates themselves from atheist-perverts,atheist-cannibals and their likes because they can't understand the effect of atheism on humanity. Even if the US/World government is run by atheists,killers and perverts,these fools are wise enough not to ban religion and debunk it totally for the sake of humanity and the existence of law.

Really ? How many atheists do you actually know ? None ?

Thanks for the series of non-sequiturs. My sister teaches 1 Logic class to high school students. She's always on the lookout for fallacies and examples of nonsense logic. I'll send this to her. You just made her day. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-11-2015, 11:37 PM
It depresses me more than a little bit that they really think those are the "logical" (I use that term loosely) conclusions to be drawn, ignoring the million(s of) years in which humans evolved as a social species, developing the concept morality as a means of surviving to be more-successful societies, moral codes which helped us not hamper one another by our behavior.

As societies grew so large there could be no direct social control/influence in enforcing those social mores essential to that society's behavior, we developed laws, instead, which could apply equally to all regardless of the influence of our upbringing. Laws are in place of, not a part of, shared moral codes... a means of extending what would be accomplished by simple moral upbringing on a small scale in order to allow for a much larger scale (as cities and then states and then nations/empires emerged).

How Christians get the idea that only their Wholly Babble contains any morals useful in the modern age is beyond me, let alone how they conclude that their morals are superior, so much so that the absence of God's Guidebook would mean anarchy (especially since evidence to the contrary is staring them in the face). This God of the Babble supports genocide, slavery, suppression of free speech, suppression of women and their human rights, children and their human rights, and violent religious intolerance... and so much more! The Ten Commandments alone, with exception of three, violates the Ten Amendments to the US Constitution directly and thus stands against everything my nation allegedly stands for.

I contend that your Holy Book is contrary to everything that makes human beings better, and I have much more to fear from a person who does believe in God than one who doesn't. That Yeshua guy had a few good ideas, but they were mostly just plagiarized from Buddhist concepts from 500 years earlier, hybridized and weakened by some remnant Judaism, and the rest amounted to a Bill & Ted movie: "Be excellent to each other!"

How can you sit there at your keyboard and think for a moment that, contrary to the evidence from less-religious societies' significantly lower crime, violence, and social problems rates, and also contrary to what the Bible says the morals of your religion actually are, you have any right to tell us we'd be raping children and shooting police officers on our way to a murder?

Why don't you try a simple experiment: Google the rate at which atheists become federal prisoners (data on states is harder to get), compared to our percent representation in the general population, and then compare that to the rate at which prisoners are religious, compared to the equivalent population percentages. You contend that atheists cannot just be moral because we acknowledge that we are animals, and the descendants of animals. We contend that it generally takes a religious mind to do things that normal, uncorrupted people with their logic centers still intact would never do. See where the actual data takes you. Consider it a first step into a wider world we like to call The Scientific Method.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-11-2015, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 12:45 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Since you likely won't just believe me (that's fine; we love skeptics, around here), here's an easy list of why I don't think Christians have any right to call their religion a moral one:

Exodus 20 Wrote:1) You shall have no other gods before Me.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Exodus 20 Wrote:2) You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Exodus 20 Wrote:3) You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

Amendment I
...or abridging the freedom of speech...

Exodus 20 Wrote:4) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Exodus 20 Wrote:5) Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

Ok. That "Freedom of Speech" thing. Again.

Exodus 20 Wrote:6) You shall not murder.

Yeah I think we can all agree on that one. I'm pretty sure that one's not unique to the religious, though. But at least it's Constitutional.

Exodus 20 Wrote:You shall not commit adultery.

I'll explain that to Thomas Jefferson just as soon as he's finished humping Sally Hemings.

Exodus 20 Wrote:8)You shall not steal.

Okay. Yeah I'm pretty sure that one's not unique to the religious, either. But... Constitutional.

Exodus 20 Wrote:You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Yeah, that's even a law. Except we have the pagan Danes to thank for that one.

Exodus 20 Wrote:10) You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

Well, crap, there goes Capitalism. And our entire culture.

Edit to Add: Almost forgot one...

Amendment XIII

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-11-2015, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 12:49 AM by Loom.)
Morality exists because social populations that exercised ethics and empathy tended to outlive those that didn't. Morality was a thing long before humans, existing in our predecessors and distant relatives. Evolution has 'built' and 'refined' morality, so to speak, culminating into what we see today in our's and other species. Complex, notably social creatures have a tendecy to have complex morals that help retain normalcy, harmony, and cooperation in their societies. Morals can vary with seperated populations, though the gist of it is about the same. I.E killing/stealing = bad, as it puts strain on the society.

We are animals. We are incredibly complex compared to most species. Thus we have complex morals.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
23-11-2015, 08:18 AM
(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  An article on morality -
If there is no God and there is no distinction between us and that of animals (excluding that of higher intellectual abilities),then it will be safe to have sexual relations with your mother,sister,father,daughter,cousin,your horse,your pet snake,your dog,anything and everything with a sexual organ. Laws against homosexuality,beastiality,perverts,rape,animal right will seem redundant and foolish as we are all animals and we have equal rights. ...

This is your first post here? The one you open up to us with?

[Image: tommy-lee-jones-header.jpg]

(22-11-2015 04:55 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Atheist don't think critically about their stand and the effect it can have on humanity as we know it. Most atheist factions separates themselves from atheist-perverts,atheist-cannibals and their likes because they can't understand the effect of atheism on humanity.

Please, explain how not believing in any gods has a negative effect on humanity. I have a feeling it involves you defining atheism to be something more than "not believing in gods", and you seem to believe that you need to believe in a god to make moral decisions.

Hint: that's the worst reason to make moral decisions. I've reached my moral compass precisely due to critical thinking (as opposed to just doing what some guy I can't see says), and I don't do it out of fear of an eternal punishment or because of an eternal reward.

If you're going to come here arguing for moral absolutism with appeals to consequence, don't expect anything more than eye rolls.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-11-2015, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 08:51 AM by onlinebiker.)
(22-11-2015 08:22 PM)xieulong Wrote:  [quote='DerFish' pid='901741' dateline='1448242682']
DId King David wander off to play elsewhere?

Observing the sabbath, possibly?
[/quote

Damned dupe.... Fat fingers small tablet keyboard......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-11-2015, 08:49 AM
I guess the cock pimple popped..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post