Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
25-11-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(24-11-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 07:51 PM)DerFish Wrote:  You His lawyer that he needs you to defend him?

I exercise my inherent right to represent myself before God and man. Tongue

But you send to defend Jesus, form whom and what? Are you His lawyer?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 09:21 AM
(24-11-2015 12:17 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 04:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no such thing as a "soul" YOU are your brain and it's electrical patterns. When brains are damaged, humans stop being conscious. When we die, brains stop working. That's it. There is no mechanism for "you" to extend beyond the healthy functioning of your brain. IF you have evidence for "souls" let see it. Otherwise that concept will be dismissed just like all the other nonsense from ancient times that has been debunked. Saying something is true does not make it true. DKR is delusional.
waiting for evidence .... as well as all the studies that prove the assertions in the OP to be true. You do have studies, right ?

Facepalm
I'll try to answer all your questions - with evidence, in the debate section.

That would be awesome, trust me when I say you will have your work cut out for you. I look forward to your eventual response to my post on our debate. Take your time, breathe slowly, take feelings out of it, and apply knowledge, reason and logic to why you choose to be infected with faith. I AM here to help and can lead you down the epistemological path to the truth. Come..........I am busy, but always have time to help those infected with faith. Because I care.

clicky clicky > http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...vil-debate

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
25-11-2015, 09:36 AM
(24-11-2015 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 12:16 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  I didn't post what I did to convert anyone, I did it to show you how creationists think and how atheists think also.

How atheists think? Consider You sure you wanna go spelunking to plumb the depths and map the caverns of the abyss with the likes of Girly, Hellbound, Pablo, Banjo, Anjele and JohnnyC, and only as a last resort, Chas? We'll belay you but you gotta bring your own gear. And you'll need a permission slip from your mother waiving liability and indemnifying us against any unfortunate outcomes.

Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2015, 10:53 AM
(25-11-2015 08:45 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I exercise my inherent right to represent myself before God and man. Tongue

But you send to defend Jesus, form whom and what? Are you His lawyer?

Nope. Not his lawyer. Check out my byline, silly. Tongue

#sigh
25-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Wasn’t sure where to post this but seeing as how DKR wants to put words into our mouths and act as though he understands how we think take a look at this sign DKR and tell me how would you feel if say it asked for a Mosque bulletin instead?

Mexican restaurant in Alabama

We deal with this shit all the time.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-11-2015, 07:59 PM
(25-11-2015 03:56 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  ...
Serious part: Deterministic universe and free will would be a nice topic to discuss.

This has been discussed at length many times before on here.

The consensus is that the universe is deterministic because Physics says so and because everything is already written in Allah's big book.

Also it's indeterministic because Quantum.

You need free-will to choose between the two... and your brain already chose which, up to a few minutes before you realised it did... so you had no choice in the matter.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-11-2015, 10:51 PM
(25-11-2015 07:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:56 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  ...
Serious part: Deterministic universe and free will would be a nice topic to discuss.

This has been discussed at length many times before on here.

The consensus is that the universe is deterministic because Physics says so and because everything is already written in Allah's big book.

Also it's indeterministic because Quantum.

You need free-will to choose between the two... and your brain already chose which, up to a few minutes before you realised it did... so you had no choice in the matter.

Drinking Beverage

It was inevitable that you would post that.

Or not. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
26-11-2015, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 12:42 AM by TheMrBillShow.)
I don't understand. What's the point of going into a place where one (presumably) knows people aren't going to agree with you at all and allowing your first impression to be a poorly written, barely decipherable wall of babbling condescension? What, too smart and enlightened to say "Hi, I'm interested in exchanging some ideas?"

An imperious beginning is supposed to be impressive? This is supposed to convince us of the correctness of your position? If you have a two-way connection with The Creator Of All Of Space And Time, one would think that such a state would be even just vaguely apparent in your writing. But no, instead we get a treatise that if it were available on paper, would doubtless be covered in drool and Cheeto dust. Apparently coherence of thought, decent grammar, and paragraph breaks are taboo?

Your grand statement of introduction has the added benefit of being completely evidence-free. Not a bit of anything that can be independently verified. I guess when you lack anything even resembling a fact to rely upon, you try to make up for it with an arrogant tone. And your "play?" Wow. Virtually unreadable- which, given the fact I had to read Ionesco in college is, if I may say so, quite a statement.

Next time, maybe try a little humility, courtesy, and, if it's possible, a willingness to greet others with an open mind. Then again, having an open mind involves the possibility of being wrong and having to change one's views. Zeus forbid, we can't have that.

Boggles the mind.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 6 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
27-11-2015, 12:11 PM
(24-11-2015 12:21 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Sure you do. If you debate educated people blah blah.....whatever. Please,refrain from asking the uneducated fool further questions and keep shut.

#sigh
27-11-2015, 12:16 PM
(26-11-2015 12:31 AM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  I don't understand. What's the point of going into a place where one (presumably) knows people aren't going to agree with you at all and allowing your first impression to be a poorly written, barely decipherable wall of babbling condescension?

The writing style is inspired by their holy book.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post