Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
30-11-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(30-11-2015 07:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:26 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Sadly I think the Original Poster is distracted by other things.

Also, at the time of posting I noted some one saying how there was a spike in 'Guests' looking at the thread and they posited that perhaps we were dealing with a 'group' of people posting from a school or such under one handle.

Maybe he's *attending* to his family. Facepalm
Weeping

Someone invited him to a debate. Did that happen? I don't know how to look for said debate. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 09:24 AM
(30-11-2015 09:18 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Maybe he's *attending* to his family. Facepalm
Weeping

Someone invited him to a debate. Did that happen? I don't know how to look for said debate. Thanks

He officially accepted the challenge, but hasn't been back to defend.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...vil-debate

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks, sounds about par for the course.
30-11-2015, 10:31 AM
(30-11-2015 07:26 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Also, at the time of posting I noted some one saying how there was a spike in 'Guests' looking at the thread and they posited that perhaps we were dealing with a 'group' of people posting from a school or such under one handle.

This would make sense.

I tend not to read walls of text because wall of text. The incoherent nature of that OP kinda confirmed my reasoning. If this was a group or a very young individual then the rambling and incoherent nature would be explained.
30-11-2015, 06:55 PM
(24-11-2015 07:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 12:16 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  I didn't post what I did to convert anyone, I did it to show you how creationists think and how atheists think also.

You did not show how atheists think, you showed how you think atheists think. There's a significant difference between the two.

Even in high school debate class it is called a straw man argument when one makes up a straw man to knock down!
03-12-2015, 12:03 PM
The only anti evolution arguments I have ever heard are always Evolution teaches this..... and it cannot possibly be correct. Never any evident for their own position. I cannot begin to imagine the number of creationists I have talked to who claim that all the evidence is on their side, but fail to even pretend they have any by mentioning what it may be.. If monkeys turned into people hy are there still monkeys is as close as they are able to get to making sense.
03-12-2015, 01:46 PM
(03-12-2015 12:03 PM)DerFish Wrote:  The only anti evolution arguments I have ever heard are always Evolution teaches this..... and it cannot possibly be correct. Never any evident for their own position. I cannot begin to imagine the number of creationists I have talked to who claim that all the evidence is on their side, but fail to even pretend they have any by mentioning what it may be.. If monkeys turned into people hy are there still monkeys is as close as they are able to get to making sense.

That's because they feel God Did It is enough.

People that don't understand the Evolution process will take what little information they've been fed and fill in the gaps with their imagination. It's not uncommon in a discussion of Evolution a creationist will bring up the big bang, or make a statement like "Well you think we came from goo.". They fail to see the origin of life and the universe have very little with the transitions of species.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post