Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 10:05 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:04 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  What I don't get is this. If atheists believe that there is no God and life ends in death,then why wate you time debating about this? Why have a forum about this? Why don't you experience all the fun life has to offer? Oh,wait! Hmmmmm....

Because

1. Religion is doing more harm than good and someone needs to speak about it.

2. People who abandon religion need support and deserve a place where they feel accepted.

And why spending time in a forum means we don't experience all the fun life has to offer?

True. But the whole thing seems quite foolish to me. We all know how short life is,then you see some group of people debating about santa's existence and zombies. Seems ridiculous. From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 10:12 AM
(22-11-2015 10:06 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:04 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  World's Deadliest: Lion vs. Lion
My point exactly. The other lions threatens the alpha lion.

[+] 3 users Like Matt Finney's post
22-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Lol. That's a nice video
22-11-2015, 10:16 AM
(22-11-2015 10:06 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  My point exactly. The other lions threatens the alpha lion.

Yeah, I was talking about the lion threatening the alpha lion.

(22-11-2015 10:09 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  True. But the whole thing seems quite foolish to me. We all know how short life is,then you see some group of people debating about santa's existence and zombies. Seems ridiculous. From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.

We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
22-11-2015, 10:22 AM
We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:
What you do here seems good to you. Showing love and care to doubtful minds and guiding them to your path,but it doesn't replace having a life. Ok,you believe there is no God,whats next? Come on here and do what? You should be living life,smoking the best of weeds,flying to different countries,meeting people,making connections and having amazing sex. Well,i know very few people who live like that and they are not atheists.
22-11-2015, 10:25 AM
(22-11-2015 10:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:
What you do here seems good to you. Showing love and care to doubtful minds and guiding them to your path,but it doesn't replace having a life. Ok,you believe there is no God,whats next? Come on here and do what? You should be living life,smoking the best of weeds,flying to different countries,meeting people,making connections and having amazing sex. Well,i know very few people who live like that and they are not atheists.

What makes you think we don't do all that stuff? We don't spend our whole lives in here you know.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
22-11-2015, 10:28 AM
(22-11-2015 10:25 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:

What makes you think we don't do all that stuff? We don't spend our whole lives in here you know.

Most atheist I know spend their time reading the bible,the koran,the torah,the kaballah, watching James randi videos and youtube atheist arguments with creationist. Juggle that with work,where do you find the time to live life?
22-11-2015, 10:31 AM
(22-11-2015 10:01 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 09:56 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  My response is in red.

If you have experience an animal that killed another animal without the said animal being hungry or being threatened,gladly share with the forum

Never heard of a pit bull attacking a kid for fun?
And mosquitoes (presumably some of God's creatures) kill by passing on malaria or doesn't that count?
22-11-2015, 10:31 AM
(22-11-2015 10:28 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:25 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What makes you think we don't do all that stuff? We don't spend our whole lives in here you know.

Most atheist I know spend their time reading the bible,the koran,the torah,the kaballah, watching James randi videos and youtube atheist arguments with creationist. Juggle that with work,where do you find the time to live life?

Most atheists you know are not actually most atheists. It may come as a surprise to you, but we do have lives.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
22-11-2015, 10:33 AM
OP, you seemed to have dodged my post. So in the spirit of fairness, I will assume you just missed it. Please address what I pointed out.

(22-11-2015 07:41 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 07:11 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Thank you everyone. It's clear that God doesn't support rape unless you can point to me in the bible where it depict God saying "rape that woman" or "sleep with your siblings and relation".

Clear as mud you mean? You may want to check out:
Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Samuel 12:11-14
Deuteronomy 21:10-14
Judges 5
Exodus 21:7-11
Zechariah 14:1-2

Some of these passages have god directly saying it is ok and some do not. But certianly the behavior in these passages is never scolded. God never shows it isn't against his nature but in fact is part of it. More importantly is this: in no way is a female's wishes considered. Never. No passage I am aware of directs that a woman's consent is required. If you can find one, please point it out.

(22-11-2015 07:11 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Man's fall from God's presence produced a temporary solution to man's inadequacy to multiply. God totally stopped this with his laws,because things were getting out of hand. As depicted in the story of lot.

You mean laws that today would get you arrested? Some all knowing god you have there. Making laws and directing ideas that the future world would find repulsive. His laws did such a swell job that he failed in a spectacular fashion. Oh and the story of Lot. According to Eziekiel 16 Sodom and Gamorah were destroyed for, well let's let the inspired word say it:

Quote: Eziekiel 16
48 “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “your sister Sodom and her daughters didn’t do what you and your daughters have done. 49 Look! This was the sin of your sister Sodom and her daughters: Pride, too much food, undisturbed peace, and failure to help the poor and needy. 50 In their arrogance, they committed detestable practices in my presence, so when I saw it, I removed them.

Wait, it wasn't for the queers? Well it doesn't mention it and it's in the bible, so it must be true.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post