Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 10:09 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.

I don't often see claims that I must love evil because I don't tend unicorns. I don't hear about people losing their families and friends because they did not believe that a leprechaun lives in the garden. I speak out against religious belief because of the incredible negative effect it has. It is worth taking time from enjoying life because it so often interferes with that enjoyment.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 10:38 AM
(22-11-2015 10:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:
What you do here seems good to you. Showing love and care to doubtful minds and guiding them to your path,but it doesn't replace having a life. Ok,you believe there is no God,whats next? Come on here and do what? You should be living life,smoking the best of weeds,flying to different countries,meeting people,making connections and having amazing sex. Well,i know very few people who live like that and they are not atheists.

I live 18 miles from the sex tourist capitol of the Western Hemisphere, Sosua Dominican Republic and yes the majority of those who fly here for smoking weed and having amazing sex are Christians, most atheists are more moral than that.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
22-11-2015, 10:39 AM
(22-11-2015 10:36 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:09 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.

I don't often see claims that I must love evil because I don't tend unicorns. I don't hear about people losing their families and friends because they did not believe that a leprechaun lives in the garden. I speak out against religious belief because of the incredible negative effect it has. It is worth taking time from enjoying life because it so often interferes with that enjoyment.

Beautiful! God is not a God of religion. Man created religion.
22-11-2015, 10:40 AM
(22-11-2015 10:09 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  But the whole thing seems quite foolish to me. We all know how short life is,then you see some group of people debating about santa's existence and zombies. Seems ridiculous. From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.

But the pro leprechaun people do not try to control the government to steer it towards spending billions to find a pot of gold. There are many people in and out of our government in the US who are trying to get the temple rebuilt to usher in the second coming. Why do you think so many christians here support Israel? I assure you it has nothing to do with humanism, these people are trying to bring on the end of the world.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
22-11-2015, 10:40 AM
(22-11-2015 10:38 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:22 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  We're not debating god's existence. We rarely do. What we do is much more important. If places like this didn't exist, many of us would still be religious, suffering from irrational fears of hell and punishment.

Reply:
What you do here seems good to you. Showing love and care to doubtful minds and guiding them to your path,but it doesn't replace having a life. Ok,you believe there is no God,whats next? Come on here and do what? You should be living life,smoking the best of weeds,flying to different countries,meeting people,making connections and having amazing sex. Well,i know very few people who live like that and they are not atheists.

I live 18 miles from the sex tourist capitol of the Western Hemisphere, Sosua Dominican Republic and yes the majority of those who fly here for smoking weed and having amazing sex are Christians, most atheists are more moral than that.

These so-called christians are the ones you later find hating on God and spreading atheism.
22-11-2015, 10:42 AM
(22-11-2015 10:40 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:09 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  But the whole thing seems quite foolish to me. We all know how short life is,then you see some group of people debating about santa's existence and zombies. Seems ridiculous. From your perspective,a God is no different from a unicorn or a leprechaun.

But the pro leprechaun people do not try to control the government to steer it towards spending billions to find a pot of gold. There are many people in and out of our government in the US who are trying to get the temple rebuilt to usher in the second coming. Why do you think so many christians here support Israel? I assure you it has nothing to do with humanism, these people are trying to bring on the end of the world.

If you don't believe in God,then you won't mind them building their temples to bring about the end of the world.
22-11-2015, 10:43 AM
(22-11-2015 10:39 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Beautiful! God is not a God of religion. Man created religion.

You ALMOST had it. Try again.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
22-11-2015, 10:44 AM
(22-11-2015 10:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  OP, you seemed to have dodged my post. So in the spirit of fairness, I will assume you just missed it. Please address what I pointed out.

(22-11-2015 07:41 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Clear as mud you mean? You may want to check out:
Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Samuel 12:11-14
Deuteronomy 21:10-14
Judges 5
Exodus 21:7-11
Zechariah 14:1-2

Some of these passages have god directly saying it is ok and some do not. But certianly the behavior in these passages is never scolded. God never shows it isn't against his nature but in fact is part of it. More importantly is this: in no way is a female's wishes considered. Never. No passage I am aware of directs that a woman's consent is required. If you can find one, please point it out.

You mean laws that today would get you arrested? Some all knowing god you have there. Making laws and directing ideas that the future world would find repulsive. His laws did such a swell job that he failed in a spectacular fashion. Oh and the story of Lot. According to Eziekiel 16 Sodom and Gamorah were destroyed for, well let's let the inspired word say it:

Wait, it wasn't for the queers? Well it doesn't mention it and it's in the bible, so it must be true.

Totally missed those.

1. Judges 21:10-24. You forgot verse 25 - "in those days there was no king in israel;every man did what was right in his own eyes" this clearly disproves anything relating to God (from your claim) in the previous verses as God did not order them to do so.

2. Numbers 31:7 -18. This was done during a time of war. Male children were killed so that they couldn't enact revenge at a later time. If you understand what war is like,you will understand this. God's people were Israel,though he created everyone,but everyone did not acknowledge him nor serve him like the Israelis did.
3. Samuel - I don't know if it's 1st or 2nd.

4. Deutronomy 21:10-14. This was a law of moses -" if the lord give them into your hands" (describing the uncertainty of man.) This was a harsh time. A time of war. There was no time for grand ceremonies and flowers,cakes and bread. Let's take WWI or WWII for example,anyone who got married in a foreign land didn't do so in a church,mosque or at the court. Have you watched the movie Fury? The guy/girl romance and sexual encounter is exactly what the bible was trying to tell. This is clearly not rape
5. Judges 5 is a song written by deborah.
6. Exodus 21:7-11 regarded the woman as a slave because she was being sold to the man by her father. She instead will be the wife of the man or his sons'. This passage clearly tells us that she should be well taken care of even after the man finds another woman.
7. Zechariah 14:1-2. This is clearly a time of war. We all know what happens during war - rape and all sort of atrocities. This is a prophecy against jerusalem (his people)

You mean laws that today would get you arrested? Some all knowing god you have there. Making laws and directing ideas that the future world would find repulsive. His laws did such a swell job that he failed in a spectacular fashion. Oh and the story of Lot.

The ten commandment - these laws cannot be found repulsive anywhere. God delivers to you things that you can understand in your time. God cannot use words like "cosmic ooze" to speak to moses and the people of Israel,just because of the future people. Thereby,confusing everyone both in the past and future.

Eziekiel 16
48 “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “your sister Sodom and her daughters didn’t do what you and your daughters have done. 49 Look! This was the sin of your sister Sodom and her daughters: Pride, too much food, undisturbed peace, and failure to help the poor and needy. 50 In their arrogance, they committed detestable practices in my presence, so when I saw it, I removed them.

1.They did not help the poor and needy
2. They did abominable things before me - what are abominable things before God? Basically,sin of the flesh.
22-11-2015, 10:47 AM
(22-11-2015 10:40 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  These so-called christians are the ones you later find hating on God and spreading atheism.

Ah, right to "No True Christian™". How disappointing.

(22-11-2015 10:42 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  If you don't believe in God,then you won't mind them building their temples to bring about the end of the world.

I object to them doing it with my tax money. I object to them riling up the different factions involved and causing real harm.

What evidence do you have that your god actually exists?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-11-2015, 10:49 AM
(22-11-2015 10:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:40 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  These so-called christians are the ones you later find hating on God and spreading atheism.

Ah, right to "No True Christian™". How disappointing.

(22-11-2015 10:42 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  If you don't believe in God,then you won't mind them building their temples to bring about the end of the world.

I object to them doing it with my tax money. I object to them riling up the different factions involved and causing real harm.

What evidence do you have that your god actually exists?

What evidence do you have that God is not existent?