Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 10:59 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:57 AM)DerFish Wrote:  And you are the one who said we should be doing that!

What I meant by that statement is this. Those christians eventually becomes atheists.

Are you saying that they then clean up their lives and don't act so immoral anymore?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
22-11-2015, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 11:07 AM by Tomasia.)
(22-11-2015 10:04 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  What I don't get is this. If atheists believe that there is no God and life ends in death,then why waste you time debating about this? Why have a forum about this? Why don't you experience all the fun life has to offer? Oh,wait! Hmmmmm....

Perhaps because it's part of the fun life has to offer?

In reality even animals, have sets of unwritten rules, that govern their behaviors, and relationships with each other, that insures the survival of their tribes. The human animal just has sets of more complex rules, that often get codified into laws, that protect and foster their respective tribes, societies, and nations.

Why be moral, why do good? Well perhaps because we feel better about ourselves when we do. Even if no dictum or moral obligation can be produced, it might not be all that necessary. People will continue to behave as they normally do, with some degree of empathy, some degree of generosity, some degree of resentment, some degrees of hostilities, as they always do, and always leaning on the sentiments they see as the most beneficial, which often tends to be mutually beneficial.

Why doesn't every one just go out and murder, rape, and pillage? For the simple reasons that for most people this is entirely unappetizing and repulsive as it gets.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-11-2015, 11:05 AM
(22-11-2015 10:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:54 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The truth is you cannot prove or disprove something you can't see or understand.

Not being able to see something doesn't mean it can't be detected so if you meant that literally then it is just wrong. If you meant that you can't prove or disprove the existence of something that can't be detected then the question would be why you would believe it exists.

We can't see or understand dark matter,yet,we know it exist.
(22-11-2015 11:01 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:59 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  What I meant by that statement is this. Those christians eventually becomes atheists.

Are you saying that they then clean up their lives and don't act so immoral anymore?

Lol. Whatever you understand from that
(22-11-2015 10:56 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Actually,the burden of proof lies with the atheist. Religion has been present for thousands of years,your new found belief just came about in a few hundred years or so. So you atheist should be the ones disproving God

Sorry, no, that is just fractally wrong. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim and the age of the claim is irrelevant. Even if theism had been universally accepted without question for all that time it would still have the burden of proof when the first questions arose, As it is, atheism can be traced back thousands of years anyway. Do a simple search for atheism in ancient history and you will find examples.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-11-2015, 11:07 AM
(22-11-2015 10:01 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  ...
If you have experience an animal that killed another animal without the said animal being hungry or being threatened,gladly share with the forum

I used to have a symbiotic relationship with a Norwegian Forest Cat.

She used to kill birds by leaping from the ground and swatting them out of the air.

She would then bring them into the house ... perhaps as a gift, or maybe just to show off her skill. She didn't eat them nor was she threatened by them.

I miss her quite a bit. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
(22-11-2015 10:56 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:52 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Oh goodie, another theist who can't comprehend burden of proof yet will tell us we don't understand the bible.

Actually,the burden of proof lies with the atheist. Religion has been present for thousands of years,your new found belief just came about in a few hundred years or so. So you atheist should be the ones disproving God

You just said man created religion, and then you suggest religion is not only legitimate but predates non-religion? You're all kinds of stupid, aren't you? And again, you still don't comprehend burden of proof, which isn't suprising given your posts.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
(22-11-2015 11:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 10:56 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  Actually,the burden of proof lies with the atheist. Religion has been present for thousands of years,your new found belief just came about in a few hundred years or so. So you atheist should be the ones disproving God

Sorry, no, that is just fractally wrong. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim and the age of the claim is irrelevant. Even if theism had been universally accepted without question for all that time it would still have the burden of proof when the first questions arose, As it is, atheism can be traced back thousands of years anyway. Do a simple search for atheism in ancient history and you will find examples.

The Babble itself is full of stories of people who didn't believe in dog when spelled backwards.
22-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm going to correct most atheist and creationist mistake about creation. Christians might not like this,but i'll delve into science a lil bit
22-11-2015, 11:08 AM
(22-11-2015 10:56 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  So you atheist should be the ones disproving God

Which one/s?

"Welcome to Godchecker
We have more Gods than you can shake a stick at.”

Our legendary mythology encyclopedia now includes nearly four thousand weird and wonderful Gods, Supreme Beings, Demons, Spirits and Fabulous Beasts from all over the world. Explore ancient legends and folklore, and discover Gods of everything from Fertility to Fluff with Godchecker...

http://www.godchecker.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post