Questions to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2015, 11:14 AM
RE: Questions to atheists
(22-11-2015 11:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:10 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The supreme being is God and God alone. All Those are either angels or demons

What evidence do you have for that claim?

The first commandment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 11:15 AM
(22-11-2015 11:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:10 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The supreme being is God and God alone. All Those are either angels or demons

What evidence do you have for that claim?

“Feels” for $400 Alex.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-11-2015, 11:16 AM
(22-11-2015 11:14 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What evidence do you have for that claim?

The first commandment.

The Bible is the claim, can’t be used as the proof. Oops.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-11-2015, 11:16 AM
(22-11-2015 11:12 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The time between the creation of the universe and the creation of the heavens and the earth wasn't mentioned,as I claimed earlier. It was only termed- THE BEGINNING. This could have been millions to billions,even trillions of years before the seven days of creation.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." -This is very clear. God created the universe,the heavens and the earth (no time was mentioned. Neither was the creation at this point mentioned in chronological order like those of the 7 days. God didn't inspire the writer of genesis to write about the creation of the universe, because man's intellect then couldn't comprehend such vastness of space. As man now cannot comprehend the complexity of the spirit realm and the creation of the angels (totally not our concern). A lot was not revealed in genesis)
"The earth was without form and void,and darkness was upon the face of the deep;and the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters." this was before the seven days of creation. So let me run it down a little- there were angels,the universe,planets( earth included),stars( although not luminous yet,just ordinary heavenly bodies(speculative)). All these were created before the seven(7) days. The time between earth's creation and those of the seven days could be billions,millions of years(speculative,but very open as time wasn't specified.) After this,in summary. Day 1 - creation of light. All creation gave out light. Light and darkness were separated. (This light isn't the sun or stars. To be speculative,we can say it is the photon within all object;the inner soul of everything. The separation of light matter from dark matter. Matter and anti-matter ( this is only my speculation,things were revealed to the prophet who wrote genesis in ways he could have understood them)
Day 2 - separation of the waters and creation of the physical heaven.
Day3 -creation of land,earthly vegetation and the seas.
Day4 - the heavenly bodies giving out light- the sun,the stars. ( this shows us that these days were just a way of identifying and separating each creation,thus,symbolic. Conceptual time,seasons and days could only begin at day 4)
Day5- creation of sea creatures and the birds. Blessing upon them was placed for multiplication.
Day6 - creation of the land creatures - the beast of the earth,the cattle and animals that creeps. Creation of man and woman.
Day 7- rest

And you missed the part that said "The evening and the morning were the first day" etc...
22-11-2015, 11:19 AM
(22-11-2015 11:11 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The effect of God is nature and the effect of nature,the universe.

That is a claim for which you have yet to provide any evidence. We can probably agree that the universe exists but to ascribe a cause would seem to require knowledge of things "outside" the universe and we do not even know if that is a meaningful concept.

We'll add "god of the gaps" or, if you prefer, "argument from ignorance" to your list of fallacies. I think you are approaching a fallacy-to-post ratio of 1 which is amusing, if not very productive.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-11-2015, 11:20 AM
(22-11-2015 11:14 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What evidence do you have for that claim?

The first commandment.

And the first chapter of Harry Potter says he is the boy who lived. Guess he's real using your warped sense of logic.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-11-2015, 11:20 AM
(22-11-2015 11:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:14 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The first commandment.

The Bible is the claim, can’t be used as the proof. Oops.

I know this. I'm just busy written a short article. Will get back to you later.
22-11-2015, 11:22 AM
(22-11-2015 11:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:11 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The effect of God is nature and the effect of nature,the universe.

That is a claim for which you have yet to provide any evidence. We can probably agree that the universe exists but to ascribe a cause would seem to require knowledge of things "outside" the universe and we do not even know if that is a meaningful concept.

We'll add "god of the gaps" or, if you prefer, "argument from ignorance" to your list of fallacies. I think you are approaching a fallacy-to-post ratio of 1 which is amusing, if not very productive.

Pointing out fallacies is no basis of argument. Bring out your own arguments and disprove God.
22-11-2015, 11:23 AM
(22-11-2015 11:20 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 11:14 AM)davidkingrichie Wrote:  The first commandment.

And the first chapter of Harry Potter says he is the boy who lived. Guess he's real using your warped sense of logic.

See above.
22-11-2015, 11:24 AM
What's a god?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes