Quick Easter questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Quick Easter questions
(23-06-2017 07:58 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 07:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What's this all got to do with Easter?

Easter is the celebration of the fertility goddess Estre and the coming of spring (for those in the Northern Hemisphere), which is symbolised by bunnies and eggs.

> Another example of Christians usurping a pagan holiday.

And they get all kind of pissy when you point this out. Most even claim it doesn't even matter they hijacked those pagan holidays because "we've been doing it so long it no longer matters".

Which always made me laugh; because you've been doing it a long time, it cancels out that your holiday is pure bullshit because you just stole one?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
25-06-2017, 02:13 PM
(24-06-2017 07:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Nononono. We need to REPROGRAM Jesus to save us from a more advanced model of messiah.

Reminded me of this. Laugh out load

Hasta la vista, Baby Jesus Thumbsup

[Image: jesus-terminator.jpg]

26-06-2017, 04:01 AM
(23-06-2017 06:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  In the myth of jesus, he's crucified, left for dead on a pole, presumably died, buried in a tomb and then 70 years later, someone writes about his resurrection three days after he presumably died ?
(Hope all of that is semi correct, according to the myth)

My question
If he returned from the dead, where is he ?
People are awaiting his return.
Do they not believe he was resurrected ?
Where is he returning from ?

From my understanding, the "Resurrection" wasn't in the original story that was first written, and was added at a later date.

In relation to your questions and what the bible states:
He resurrected and the ascended to heaven I think.
The bible suggests he will "come again" and do something
From heaven this time I suppose.

The next part is that when you think about it, people get crucified and left to rot on those poles, so they had no chance of taking him down without the Romans kicking off about it, and that's IF there really was a Jesus at all, which there doesn't seem to be any evidence of.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
26-06-2017, 07:39 AM
(26-06-2017 04:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 06:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  In the myth of jesus, he's crucified, left for dead on a pole, presumably died, buried in a tomb and then 70 years later, someone writes about his resurrection three days after he presumably died ?

My question
People are awaiting his return.

The bible suggests he will "come again" and do something

I love coming again. Oh wait, sorry wrong thread Tongue Wink
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
26-06-2017, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 09:20 AM by OakTree500.)
(26-06-2017 07:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 04:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  The bible suggests he will "come again" and do something

I love coming again. Oh wait, sorry wrong thread Tongue Wink
Bad Jenny, Dirty jenny! In your bed! Laugh out load

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
26-06-2017, 09:32 AM
(23-06-2017 07:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Easter is the celebration of the fertility goddess Estre and the coming of spring (for those in the Northern Hemisphere), which is symbolised by bunnies and eggs.
And that part of Easter is a lot more fun than the get all super dressed up, talk to church members you have no interest in, and sit through a 14 hour long service part.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
26-06-2017, 11:59 AM
It would seem to me, the J man could come back any day of the week.

If he came back tomorrow, what is SO different about tomorrow compared to today ?
If his return is going to usher in a virtual hell on Earth, then it would seem to me that ANY day is a fine enough day to destroy the world.

Any why does the earth have to be turned into a living hell ?

It's such a strange story. It needs tweaking.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-06-2017, 12:17 PM
(24-06-2017 07:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Nononono. We need to REPROGRAM Jesus to save us from a more advanced model of messiah.

We need him to multiply our food.
[Image: 0ca346c9a52487634ee7db4b5217065079fd5f1c...;amp;h=206]
26-06-2017, 12:28 PM
(26-06-2017 09:32 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 07:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Easter is the celebration of the fertility goddess Estre and the coming of spring (for those in the Northern Hemisphere), which is symbolised by bunnies and eggs.
And that part of Easter is a lot more fun than the get all super dressed up, talk to church members you have no interest in, and sit through a 14 hour long service part.
Hmmm, I've never done that.
To me, Easter is about eating lots of chocolate easter eggs. It has chocolate, bunnies and eggs. Nothing at all to do with Jesus or Christian beliefs.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
26-06-2017, 05:15 PM

(23-06-2017 06:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My question

He had to ascend to an unfalsifiable place (heaven)

(23-06-2017 06:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  People are awaiting his return.

The unfalsifiable place..

That's the crucial part of Christian faith, it has to flee to the unfalsifiable as rapidly as possible, then the apologists commence to bailing water out of the sinking boat.

[Image: bailing-out-a-boat.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post