"Quick Reply" Box seems to have disappeared?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: "Quick Reply" Box seems to have disappeared?
I always hit the regular 'reply' anyway cause my posts come with emoticons or pics.

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupHeart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
25-03-2014, 07:22 AM
(25-03-2014 06:15 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  B.. But that means I have to load an extra page!

It's an inconvenience! Weeping

Not as inconvenient as loosing a post due to a browser check. The full reply form is immune to this.

The technical explanation - ajax requests can fail the browser check and cause your post to disappear.

While the site is staying in "under attack" security setting it's best that the quick reply form is disabled.

It's buying me some time at least until I find a better solution for the attacks on the server.

Funny... Taq posting this thread about quick reply.... Who would have seen that coming... Dodgy

Yabut...

uh..

I can't think of any sort of counter, so I'll just stick to my initial complaint with an addition:

It's a minor inconvenience! Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-03-2014, 08:42 AM
(25-03-2014 06:15 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  B.. But that means I have to load an extra page!

It's an inconvenience! Weeping

Not as inconvenient as loosing a post due to a browser check. The full reply form is immune to this.

The technical explanation - ajax requests can fail the browser check and cause your post to disappear.

While the site is staying in "under attack" security setting it's best that the quick reply form is disabled.

It's buying me some time at least until I find a better solution for the attacks on the server.

Fair enough, thanx.

Quote:

Funny... Taq posting this thread about quick reply.... Who would have seen that coming... Dodgy

Actually I almost never use it. Just happened to be gone on a rare occasion that I wanted to use it.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-03-2014, 02:09 PM
(25-03-2014 08:42 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 06:15 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Funny... Taq posting this thread about quick reply.... Who would have seen that coming... Dodgy
Actually I almost never use it. Just happened to be gone on a rare occasion that I wanted to use it.
Laugh out load
I wouldn't have added a custom post timeout for you if you weren't the master of quick replies with almost no content.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
25-03-2014, 02:42 PM
It was Raptured.

Any quickreply boxes will henceforth be named Zombies or "Undead" and will be subject to torture until confession and recantation, followed by execution at dusk.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
25-03-2014, 03:04 PM
(24-03-2014 10:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Just click reply.

What, like some sort of commoner, a peasant?! I think not!!

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
25-03-2014, 06:04 PM
(25-03-2014 03:04 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Just click reply.

What, like some sort of commoner, a peasant?! I think not!!

You are now peasant. Get used to it.

Atir aissom atir imon
27-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Yea this shit is annoying as hell, I want my quick reply box back. Angry

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-03-2014, 05:28 AM
(25-03-2014 02:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 08:42 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Actually I almost never use it. Just happened to be gone on a rare occasion that I wanted to use it.
Laugh out load
I wouldn't have added a custom post timeout for you if you weren't the master of quick replies with almost no content.

Wait... He got a custom timeout?

Is that like the bug that told me to wait three hours (or more) to post 'cause I was too quick?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-03-2014, 07:52 AM
(27-03-2014 05:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 02:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Laugh out load

Wait... He got a custom timeout?

Is that like the bug that told me to wait three hours (or more) to post 'cause I was too quick?
No. What you had was a glitch - one that from what I can tell hasn't happened on this server.

I put in a couple lines of code to slow down Taq's annoying rapid-fire posting style.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post