Quick and Dirty Spaghetti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Quick and Dirty Spaghetti
16 oz. jar of salsa heated and added to cooked spaghetti. Top with nacho sauce.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 06:23 PM
1 can of pizza sauce heated, pour over cooked pasta.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
29-01-2016, 06:26 PM
I just boil the pasta then pour cold tomato sauce on top and eat. Meh. DLJ's style is cool, too.
29-01-2016, 06:31 PM
MY fiance's mom apparently has done the spaghetti with ketchup thing. Never had heard about it before her.

I grew up eating tomato sauce made with home-canned tomatoes and (not homemade) wine. But really, most marinara/tomato sauce is fine and good.

Agree that seasonings are in order though.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Dump 1 lb Italian sausage in nonstick skillet. Brown.

While meat is cooking, boil water in pot. A swirl of olive oil and a palm of salt if you're feeling frisky. Add regular sized box of angel hair spaghetti noodles (cooks faster) to boiling water. Less than a box if it's for one.

Dump Classico pre made spaghetti sauce (like fire roasted tomato with caramelized onion or vodka sauce) into skillet once meat is cooked. Simmer the sauce until the pasta is ready. Ragu brand is gross.

Pasta in bowl or on plate, sauce on top. (And grated Parmesan if you're Chas)

Done.

If ground isn't available and its in the link version, remove the casing and just use your spatula to cut them up in the skillet to make meatballs. Just takes longer to cook.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
30-01-2016, 05:53 AM
(29-01-2016 11:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Dump 1 lb Italian sausage in nonstick skillet. Brown.

While meat is cooking, boil water in pot. A swirl of olive oil and a palm of salt if you're feeling frisky. Add regular sized box of angel hair spaghetti noodles (cooks faster) to boiling water. Less than a box if it's for one.

Dump Classico pre made spaghetti sauce (like fire roasted tomato with caramelized onion or vodka sauce) into skillet once meat is cooked. Simmer the sauce until the pasta is ready. Ragu brand is gross.

Pasta in bowl or on plate, sauce on top. (And grated Parmesan if you're Chas)

Done.

If ground isn't available and its in the link version, remove the casing and just use your spatula to cut them up in the skillet to make meatballs. Just takes longer to cook.

This pretty similar to my version, but mine is quicker (that's what she said).

Boil noodles. Heat Classico Italian Sausage pre-made sauce. Heat up frozen meatballs and frozen bread. Drain noodles, add meatballs as desired, dump sauce. Boom! Done. I think it's actually good, but maybe I just don't have the proper palette. I'm sure if I took the time to make everything from scratch it's be better, but who the hell has time for that?

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
30-01-2016, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 07:56 PM by Dark Light.)
Double post.

01-02-2016, 03:37 PM
(29-01-2016 05:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 05:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ok -- a can of Spaghetti-o's might be faster --- but I think I can do better -- even in a hurry....

Quick and Dirty Spaghetti

1 LBS (or thereabouts) Italian sausage (I use my own - venison - and it's quite spicy).
2 cans tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar (I use a bit of maple syrup).
One diced onion (optional)

You want to use a sausage that has a casing -- cut into "meatball" sized pieces - and cook thoroughly in the oven at about 325 f for 16-25 minutes -- till fully cooked through. Drain off any grease (nice part about venison - no grease)

drop in saucepan with 2 cans tomato sauce (I like Hunts) - add one 1 tsp sugar. (it knocks down the acidity of the tomato sauce) Add diced onion. Simmer covered 20 minutes or so.

Make up your pasta as usual.

You're done.

And it beat's the Chef (Boy-ar-dee)

No seasonings? Shocking

That was my first thought too. Spaghetti with just plain tomato sauce (or worse yet, ketchup -- yuk) is boring boring boring. But in olb's defense, he did say that his venison sausage is quite spicy -- maybe that makes any other seasonings superfluous.
01-02-2016, 03:49 PM
(01-02-2016 03:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 05:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No seasonings? Shocking

That was my first thought too. Spaghetti with just plain tomato sauce (or worse yet, ketchup -- yuk) is boring boring boring. But in olb's defense, he did say that his venison sausage is quite spicy -- maybe that makes any other seasonings superfluous.
Yup. Exactly....

My S.O. insists it's TOO spicy......

If you tried it, you'd think spices had been added. I make the sausage that way to save time in food prep....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Boil ramen noodles in a small saucepan. When almost tender, drain most of the water and add a can of ravioli. Cook another minute.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post