Quick and Dirty Spaghetti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Quick and Dirty Spaghetti
(29-01-2016 05:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ok -- a can of Spaghetti-o's might be faster --- but I think I can do better -- even in a hurry....

1 LBS (or thereabouts) Italian sausage (I use my own - venison - and it's quite spicy).
2 cans tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar (I use a bit of maple syrup).
One diced onion (optional)

You want to use a sausage that has a casing -- cut into "meatball" sized pieces - and cook thoroughly in the oven at about 325 f for 16-25 minutes -- till fully cooked through. Drain off any grease (nice part about venison - no grease)

drop in saucepan with 2 cans tomato sauce (I like Hunts) - add one 1 tsp sugar. (it knocks down the acidity of the tomato sauce) Add diced onion. Simmer covered 20 minutes or so.

Make up your pasta as usual.

You're done.

And it beat's the Chef (Boy-ar-dee)

Curse you. Now I want to taste your meat. (^_^)

Anywho. Spaghetti carbonara is also a quick dish.

I can't believe I said I wanted to taste your meat. . . but I do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 04:04 PM
(29-01-2016 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 05:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ok -- a can of Spaghetti-o's might be faster --- but I think I can do better -- even in a hurry....

1 LBS (or thereabouts) Italian sausage (I use my own - venison - and it's quite spicy).
2 cans tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar (I use a bit of maple syrup).
One diced onion (optional)

You want to use a sausage that has a casing -- cut into "meatball" sized pieces - and cook thoroughly in the oven at about 325 f for 16-25 minutes -- till fully cooked through. Drain off any grease (nice part about venison - no grease)

drop in saucepan with 2 cans tomato sauce (I like Hunts) - add one 1 tsp sugar. (it knocks down the acidity of the tomato sauce) Add diced onion. Simmer covered 20 minutes or so.

Make up your pasta as usual.

You're done.

And it beat's the Chef (Boy-ar-dee)

While it simmers, grate some Parmesan. Yes

That sounds grate or great!
02-02-2016, 09:10 PM
(02-02-2016 03:59 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Boil ramen noodles in a small saucepan. When almost tender, drain most of the water and add a can of ravioli. Cook another minute.

Now that's the kind of thinking that got us out of the dark ages! Drooling