Quick question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Quick question
I am still fairly new but I have found that I love this forum so far!! I am still finding my way around and am amazed by the amount of info that lies within these pages! Sometimes I find myself reading a really good thread or even a really good post but I don't have time to read all of it at that moment. Is there a way to bookmark, favorite or flag a particular thread or post to come back to later? I haven't seen that option and didn't know if I am just missing it somehow. If it's not an option then that's ok...I just wanted to know what others to do keep up with things they want to come back too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Quick question
So far what I've used is the notepad in my user cp.

Go to the thread you are enjoying, click on the most recent post read (by clicking on the post# in the top right corner, see yours is #1?), then copy the url, go to your user cp, paste the link, and click update notepad.

Otherwise I just try to remember, not sure that's working out for me since... Well I don't know what threads I've forgotten to check back on lol

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-11-2014, 11:45 AM
(25-11-2014 11:37 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  So far what I've used is the notepad in my user cp.

Go to the thread you are enjoying, click on the most recent post read (by clicking on the post# in the top right corner, see yours is #1?), then copy the url, go to your user cp, paste the link, and click update notepad.

Otherwise I just try to remember, not sure that's working out for me since... Well I don't know what threads I've forgotten to check back on lol

Hey...I just tried that little trick! It worked! Thanks so much!!
[+] 2 users Like TN Skeptic's post
25-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks Smerk.

I know some forums have the option to subscribe to specific threads (and sometimes even specific posters etc.). Perhaps we (and by "we" I mean staff that actually know what they're doing, which excludes me) can see if there's a plug-in or something for that?

Aaaaand........GO TEAM!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
25-11-2014, 11:53 AM
(25-11-2014 11:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks Smerk.

I know some forums have the option to subscribe to specific threads (and sometimes even specific posters etc.). Perhaps we (and by "we" I mean staff that actually know what they're doing, which excludes me) can see if there's a plug-in or something for that?

Aaaaand........GO TEAM!

I subscribe to threads I wish to follow closely. Even some of the funny, goofy ones.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh shit! There it is! Bottom left hand corner.

Duh.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-11-2014, 11:58 AM
(25-11-2014 11:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh shit! There it is! Bottom left hand corner.

Duh.

This is what happens when you wander out of the pot thread.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-11-2014, 11:58 AM
(25-11-2014 11:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh shit! There it is! Bottom left hand corner.

Duh.

Try to keep up will ya?

Beat_stick

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 12:24 PM
(25-11-2014 11:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Duh.

Try to keep up will ya?

Beat_stick

Big Grin

LMAO

Yeah...not to rub it in your face but its been there awhile; even here on the mobile version.
Now you do have to select "yes" for email notifications. It wont do anything if you just hit "subscribe".
Just a little fyi
Smile

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-11-2014, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 06:08 PM by Smercury44.)
Oh yeah! There is the option to subscribe to threads in each one you're viewing. The only touble I find there, is I think the default setting is to automatically subscribe you to any thread you post in. As you can imagine.... That list can grow into a big mess pretty fast. Undecided that's why I don't use the function, my subscribed threads is like... 65 pages long. It'd take me a lot of work to wean it down into something useful at this point.

If you want to use the subscribe setting, I suggest going to your user cp, edit options, and under the 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' choose 'Do Not Subscribe'. Then you can manually choose which threads you want to be subscribed to by clicking on the option within the thread itself.

Then to check back on your subscribed threads later, go to user cp, and click 'Subscribed Threads' on the left. Thumbsup

Edit: Oh, but you can't bookmark to a specific post with that option that I'm aware of Undecided so, I'm glad the notepad worked out for you!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta