Quick question before I carry on with my day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Quick question before I carry on with my day.
Women folk, you know, those dudes without the dangly bit between the legs and two cat pillows sticking out of their chest. What did women folk crave once a lunar phase before mankind discovered two entire continents, that can't really have been "discovered" considering there were a few people already living there but whatever I digress, and brought chocolate back to western society?

I mean those zany Europeans didn't really have much in the way of the foods before they decided that mapmakers jobs are too easy. So did women folk just crave like.. potatoes..? Because I ain't ever heard a women folk complain about how she's craving a good big hot steaming potatoes. Then again there's not many Irish women folk around here, or at least as far as I can tell, I don't drink so I don't go into their natural habitat much.

Just curious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Quick question before I carry on with my day.
I sometimes crave mashed potatoes Tongue but I'm also Irish Laugh out load

I dunno what they did, but I think it would have sucked to have your period back then. I can't imagine not having my chocolate cupcakes during that time of the month. Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-10-2016, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 07:23 PM by Dom.)
Chocolate releases endorphins in the brain - endorphins are opiates manufactured by our bodies.

You can have the same effect from eating hot peppers, comfort food and Ginseng or smelling vanilla.

You can also stimulate the release of endorphins by laughing, loving, sex, walking, hiking, jogging, biking, swimming, team sports like softball, basketball and soccer, gardening, yard work and cleaning.

Not exciting enough? Try skydiving, bungee jumping, hang gliding or going on roller coasters.

Or - you could chant or pray.

Chocolate also seems to have a memory boosting effect on the brain and there is much research being done at this time to learn more about chocolate.

So, there were a lot of things they could do to get the effect of chocolate.

P.S. And it's not just for the ladies. Lots of men love chocolate.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-10-2016, 07:35 PM
No chocolate? I'm going to need some alcohol, then.
[+] 1 user Likes Jesster's post
06-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Even I am not old enough to know what the craving was prior to chocolate being widely available.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-10-2016, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 08:20 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I believe they went crazy and ended up in an asylum.

ETA it is where the term hysteria came from. Yes

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2016, 11:54 PM
(06-10-2016 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What did women folk crave once a lunar phase before mankind discovered two entire continents..
..So did women folk just crave like.. potatoes..?

Potato is part of what has been brought to europe from the americas...once they were discovered Drinking Beverage Smartass Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Earmuffs: For when you absolutely must take the scenic route approach to asking questions in impolite company.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2016, 04:37 PM
LOL... my partner refuses to eat white chocolate, the Swiss and Belgian versions of which I absolutely love. She reckons "white" chocolate isn't real chocolate, as it should naturally be brown. Hmmm. Female logic?

And my grandson will not eat chocolate under any circumstances, and never has even as a kid. Poor misinformed young man.

A pregnant friend of mine once developed an intense craving for white blackboard chalk of all things. Her husband had to buy sticks in commercial quantities of a gross per box LOL. Her doc reckoned she had a dietary calcium shortage, but that sounds a little too pat to me. Dunno.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Laudanum?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.