Quick question before I carry on with my day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Quick question before I carry on with my day.
(07-10-2016 04:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL... my partner refuses to eat white chocolate, the Swiss and Belgian versions of which I absolutely love. She reckons "white" chocolate isn't real chocolate, as it should naturally be brown. Hmmm. Female logic?

And my grandson will not eat chocolate under any circumstances, and never has even as a kid. Poor misinformed young man.

A pregnant friend of mine once developed an intense craving for white blackboard chalk of all things. Her husband had to buy sticks in commercial quantities of a gross per box LOL. Her doc reckoned she had a dietary calcium shortage, but that sounds a little too pat to me. Dunno.

"White chocolate" is not technically chocolate.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...chocolate/

Truth to tell, there are sharp cheddar cheeses that knock the socks off chocolate, as far as I am concerned. And I do love chocolate, the more cacao the better, like 73% or better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
07-10-2016, 07:14 PM
I agree about cheeses; far more variety of textures and flavours. And I eat a lot more cheese than chocolate. Am I a health nut then LOL?

(07-10-2016 06:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  "White chocolate" is not technically chocolate.

And I'd have to disagree with the linked site. According to the Lindt site:
Milk chocolate contains cocoa solids = 32% min. (cocoa butter)
White chocolate contains cocoa solids = 29% min. (cocoa butter)

Chocolate is defined as a food derived from cocoa (cacao), mixed with fat (IE cocoa butter).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-10-2016, 08:32 PM
(07-10-2016 06:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 04:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL... my partner refuses to eat white chocolate, the Swiss and Belgian versions of which I absolutely love. She reckons "white" chocolate isn't real chocolate, as it should naturally be brown. Hmmm. Female logic?

And my grandson will not eat chocolate under any circumstances, and never has even as a kid. Poor misinformed young man.

A pregnant friend of mine once developed an intense craving for white blackboard chalk of all things. Her husband had to buy sticks in commercial quantities of a gross per box LOL. Her doc reckoned she had a dietary calcium shortage, but that sounds a little too pat to me. Dunno.

"White chocolate" is not technically chocolate.

Truth to tell, there are sharp cheddar cheeses that knock the socks off chocolate, as far as I am concerned. And I do love chocolate, the more cacao the better, like 73% or better.

I love dark chocolate with almonds. I go for the 73% or more cacao as well. Thumbsup
07-10-2016, 09:58 PM
(07-10-2016 07:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I agree about cheeses; far more variety of textures and flavours. And I eat a lot more cheese than chocolate. Am I a health nut then LOL?

(07-10-2016 06:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  "White chocolate" is not technically chocolate.

And I'd have to disagree with the linked site. According to the Lindt site:
Milk chocolate contains cocoa solids = 32% min. (cocoa butter)
White chocolate contains cocoa solids = 29% min. (cocoa butter)

Chocolate is defined as a food derived from cocoa (cacao), mixed with fat (IE cocoa butter).

Well, cheese is one high-fat food, and has a lot of salt, so still not all that healthy.
That said, let's have a war over what constitutes REAL chocolate, while the cannons boom! Religion of chocolate! Tongue
07-10-2016, 10:19 PM
I suspect that wine or beer may have been the go-to substances before chocolate. Hail Ninkasi!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2016, 10:22 PM
(07-10-2016 10:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I suspect that wine or beer may have been the go-to substances before chocolate. Hail Ninkasi!

I like beer, don't get me wrong. But in terms of flavor, cheese has it all over beer. Now, all I need is a little buzz from cheese. Yes Laugh out load
07-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Dom said,

Quote:You can have the same effect from eating hot peppers, comfort food and Ginseng or smelling vanilla.

Do all those, and choclate, except the ginseng (does not go well with cardiac meds) and I have dangly bits, so don't suffer the curse and have never been pregnant (really fancy a pickled beetroot right now though) (worrying that, what did I get up to last evening?)

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 05:08 PM
It's not about the chocolate. It's about sugar and serotonin. Nowadays chocolate is perfect for that.
It helps with the pain that comes from the cramping.
Chocolate as a sweet food was discovered realtively late though, it was not known as sweet food for a long time. So there is that.
But in absence of chocolate women could and still can do other things.
If that is not an option either: any sugary or high carb food (for example banana), masturbation, sports, hot bath/shower, curling up under a blanket and being moody.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -