Quid pro quo between FBI and State Department on behalf of Clinton?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: Quid pro quo between FBI and State Department on behalf of Clinton?
(17-10-2016 07:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thoughts?

I got questions.

"A top official at the State Department repeatedly sought to have the FBI back down on classifying the contents of an email from Hillary Clinton's private email server, documents released Monday revealed. ... According to notes from interviews conducted during an FBI investigation into Clinton's email practices, Undersecretary of State Patrick Kennedy personally tried to convince FBI officials that the email should be declassified."

Which was it? Did State ask Feds not to retroactively classify a previously unclassified email? Or did they ask them to declassify a classified email? If the document originated with State aren't they the classification authority? How can GMan do anything wrt their classification?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 12:06 PM
(18-10-2016 10:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 07:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thoughts?

I got questions.

"A top official at the State Department repeatedly sought to have the FBI back down on classifying the contents of an email from Hillary Clinton's private email server, documents released Monday revealed. ... According to notes from interviews conducted during an FBI investigation into Clinton's email practices, Undersecretary of State Patrick Kennedy personally tried to convince FBI officials that the email should be declassified."

Which was it? Did State ask Feds not to retroactively classify a previously unclassified email? Or did they ask them to declassify a classified email? If the document originated with State aren't they the classification authority? How can GMan do anything wrt their classification?

Nice catch. Inquiring minds want to know.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-10-2016, 05:05 PM
(18-10-2016 12:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 10:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got questions.

Nice catch. Inquiring minds want to know.
I was thinking this very thing when I was reading this too. I was about to ask this question lol.
18-10-2016, 05:17 PM
So more info reveals that it was a request to not "upclassify" or retroactively classify a previously unclassified document. This is quite different from asking a classified document to be declassified. Still not sure how FBI has any jurisdiction when it comes to classification authority over State documents.

#sigh
18-10-2016, 05:35 PM
(18-10-2016 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So more info reveals that it was a request to not "upclassify" or retroactively classify a previously unclassified document. This is quite different from asking a classified document to be declassified. Still not sure how FBI has any jurisdiction when it comes to classification authority over State documents.

This should have been made clear, I know I read the piece and came away with the perception of the opposite.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-10-2016, 05:46 PM
(18-10-2016 05:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So more info reveals that it was a request to not "upclassify" or retroactively classify a previously unclassified document. This is quite different from asking a classified document to be declassified. Still not sure how FBI has any jurisdiction when it comes to classification authority over State documents.

This should have been made clear, I know I read the piece and came away with the perception of the opposite.

It was a bad piece of reporting.

#sigh