Quinnspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Quinnspiracy
(07-09-2014 08:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: eb12fed726e9c929b16ae18eaf9d54d1.png]

/thread

Well, not exactly the argument presented by gamers. The image presented sorta shows one of the problems. The recent critiques by feminists which have been passed around as fact compounds on the issue.

The number one issue is obvious favoritism or even bribes for good game reviews (not saying Quinn did this). For example, Call of Duty completely rehashes itself each and every year, and no matter how similar it is, reviews on it will come out as above 9 out of 10 for a $60 game that is largely the same.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 11:13 AM
(02-09-2014 11:19 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:18 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Oh for's fuck's sake... Facepalm

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/video...-assholes/

Two can play at that game bitch Big Grin

http://kalyxtriad.wordpress.com/2014/08/...urnalists/

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
08-09-2014, 11:19 AM
(08-09-2014 11:13 AM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:19 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh for's fuck's sake... Facepalm

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/video...-assholes/

Two can play at that game bitch Big Grin

First response nails this bullshit to the wall.

Quote:Mike's Discount Gouda Emporium
SEPTEMBER 2, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
All right! Let’s see if I’ve got your story straight:

–Game journalists are motivated by profit.

–“Social Justice Warriors” are motivated by—well, you don’t really supply a motivation, so let’s just be condescending jerks and say “the feels”.

–To that end, game journalists and “Social Justice Warriors”—two crazily distinct groups with completely different agendas—have come together in a vast conspiracy to make people who play video games feel bad about themselves by…(drum roll please)…criticizing video games.

–“Social Justice Warriors” are participating in this conspiracy because: ??? Again, you don’t really supply them with a motivation; I guess they must just despise friendship

–Game journalists are participating in this conspiracy because the entire industry is (inexplicably) either friends with or sleeping with some indie game developer; the sensitive games these developers produce wouldn’t sell if they weren’t propped up by favorable reviews—and if the more traditional, more violent competition wasn’t also getting torn down by reviews.

–Your evidence for this massive, industry-wide conflict of interest—a conflict way too big to hide? The name of Zoe Quinn—and literally nothing else.

Put it all together and BAM! You’ve just come up with the lamest, stupidest, shallowest Dan Brown plot of all time. Nice conspiracy theory, dude—the 9/11 Truthers would be proud.

Oh, and by the way—those violent, shooty, irreverent, fun games journalists are supposedly tearing down ‘cause they aren’t sensitive enough?

Kotaku’s review of Grand Theft Auto V: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”
Polygon’s review of Grand Theft Auto V: 9.5/10.
Kotaku’s review of Assassins Creed IV: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”
Polygon’s review of Assassins Creed IV: 7.5/10.
Kotaku’s review of Red Dead Redemption: “Having already immersed myself in dozens of hours of Red Dead Redemption’s world, I’m hungry to return, itching to complete my untended quests, adventure through its still mysterious lands and explore the bad side of John Marston.”
Polygon’s review of Red Dead Redemption: Not reviewed, but listed in “A Polygon Editor Picks His Top 5 Video Games”: http://dealnews.com/features/A-Polygon-E...02429.html
Kotaku’s review of South Park: The Stick of Truth: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”
Polygon’s review of South Park: The Stick of Truth: 8.5/10.
Kotaku’s review of Dead Rising 3: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”
Polygon’s review of Dead Rising 3: 7.5/10.

Looks like somebody hasn’t done their homework!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-09-2014, 02:04 PM

–“Social Justice Warriors” are motivated by—well, you don’t really supply a motivation, so let’s just be condescending jerks and say “the feels”.

Ideology. Not "the feels" as those aren't taken seriously. Either that, or personal gain.

Quote:–To that end, game journalists and “Social Justice Warriors”—two crazily distinct groups with completely different agendas—have come together in a vast conspiracy to make people who play video games feel bad about themselves by…(drum roll please)…criticizing video games.

False. Game journalists who ARE SJWs and have the same agendas as SJWs, are attacking games and game devs because of their stupid political views.
They aren't just criticising games either. They are promoting pseudo-games with social justice warrior motives because their friends made them.

[/quote]
–“Social Justice Warriors” are participating in this conspiracy because: ??? Again, you don’t really supply them with a motivation; I guess they must just despise friendship
[/quote]

I will, again. DOGMATIC POLITICAL IDEOLOGY. And sex for some (insert five guys joke here).

Quote:–Game journalists are participating in this conspiracy because the entire industry is (inexplicably) either friends with or sleeping with some indie game developer;

The SJW game devs who are ideological allies to, or friends/friends of friends of Quinn are defending her. There are a lot of them.

Quote: the sensitive games these developers produce wouldn’t sell if they weren’t propped up by favorable reviews

Yup

Quote:and if the more traditional, more violent competition wasn’t also getting torn down by reviews.

Nope.

Quote:–Your evidence for this massive, industry-wide conflict of interest—a conflict way too big to hide? The name of Zoe Quinn—and literally nothing else.

Actually it goes back to Sarkeesian, and then the SJWs started to post idiotic hyper PC articles about games.

Quote:Put it all together and BAM! You’ve just come up with the lamest, stupidest, shallowest Dan Brown plot of all time. Nice conspiracy theory, dude—the 9/11 Truthers would be proud.

Pathetic dismissal.

Quote:Oh, and by the way—those violent, shooty, irreverent, fun games journalists are supposedly tearing down ‘cause they aren’t sensitive enough?

Two things about this:
1) Nobody ever said that, at the very least, AAA games aren't getting the reviews they should. Also, and I know you didn't read the article, as this is just a rehash, it is the hypocrisy of game "journalists" censor and brush the Quinn thing under the rug and then the next second, they're undercutting developers for information.
2) Nobody ever said that every game journalist is an SJW. Remember, there are many journalists who write for these sites.

Quote:Kotaku’s review of Grand Theft Auto V: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”
Kotaku’s review of Red Dead Redemption: “Having already immersed myself in dozens of hours of Red Dead Redemption’s world, I’m hungry to return, itching to complete my untended quests, adventure through its still mysterious lands and explore the bad side of John Marston.”
Polygon’s review of Red Dead Redemption: Not reviewed, but listed in “A Polygon Editor Picks His Top 5 Video Games”: http://dealnews.com/features/A-Polygon-E...02429.html
Kotaku’s review of South Park: The Stick of Truth: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”

Your point?
This doesn't prove anything. This is like the Christians showing Christian charities and throwing an Isaac Newton at you trying to prove Christianity being a force for good. They are unreliable and corrupt. I don't trust any site that is going to post and allow SJW gamer content, because it tries to talk about a pseudoscientific psychology involved in games rather than the actual fucking game.

Next time revenant, please respond to me yourself. Make your own points, as this was to an extent talking past me. The points made in the article I posted are different to the ones responded to in this post. Are you trying to divert the conversation?

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
08-09-2014, 02:16 PM
And Doubling down on "lol conspiracy" Nice.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-09-2014, 02:42 PM
(08-09-2014 11:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 11:13 AM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Two can play at that game bitch Big Grin

First response nails this bullshit to the wall.

–To that end, game journalists and “Social Justice Warriors”—two crazily distinct groups with completely different agendas—have come together in a vast conspiracy to make people who play video games feel bad about themselves by…(drum roll please)…criticizing video games.

–Game journalists are participating in this conspiracy because the entire industry is (inexplicably) either friends with or sleeping with some indie game developer; the sensitive games these developers produce wouldn’t sell if they weren’t propped up by favorable reviews—and if the more traditional, more violent competition wasn’t also getting torn down by reviews.

–Your evidence for this massive, industry-wide conflict of interest—a conflict way too big to hide? The name of Zoe Quinn—and literally nothing else.

Put it all together and BAM! You’ve just come up with the lamest, stupidest, shallowest Dan Brown plot of all time. Nice conspiracy theory, dude—the 9/11 Truthers would be proud.

Oh, and by the way—those violent, shooty, irreverent, fun games journalists are supposedly tearing down ‘cause they aren’t sensitive enough?

Kotaku’s review of Grand Theft Auto V: “Should You Play This Game? YES.”

[Image: Bwzn84fCcAAH1T_.jpg:large]

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-09-2014, 02:45 PM
(08-09-2014 02:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And Doubling down on "lol conspiracy" Nice.

Again, this is mere dismissal because it could be considered a "conspiracy theory" ok, yeah, people call it the Quinnspiracy, but does that automatically make it false?
What you have to realise is the problems with "conspiracy theories" is that they take the number of people being silent for granted. We don't have that here. They also generally take the competence of the conspirators for granted. These jokers are the opposite of competent. Streisand effect!
So saying "lol conspiracy" is not a valid response. Is this the level you have sunk to? What is it about feminism that makes otherwise rational people act like raving ideologues? What else do we say that about? Religion.

08-09-2014, 02:57 PM
(08-09-2014 02:42 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  [Image: Bwzn84fCcAAH1T_.jpg:large]

Looks like someone has done a little too much homework. PC police censor this misogynist!

08-09-2014, 03:01 PM
(08-09-2014 02:45 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 02:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And Doubling down on "lol conspiracy" Nice.

Again, this is mere dismissal because it could be considered a "conspiracy theory" ok, yeah, people call it the Quinnspiracy, but does that automatically make it false?
What you have to realise is the problems with "conspiracy theories" is that they take the number of people being silent for granted. We don't have that here. They also generally take the competence of the conspirators for granted. These jokers are the opposite of competent. Streisand effect!
So saying "lol conspiracy" is not a valid response. Is this the level you have sunk to? What is it about feminism that makes otherwise rational people act like raving ideologues? What else do we say that about? Religion.

What is it about the scared little boys that are so frightened by empowering women that they feel the need to lash out at everyone? The Quinn portion of this scandal is moonbeams knitted together. She was dating someone that worked for the magazine but did not review her game. So therefore she was sleeping her way to a positive review...

Of course most of the #gamergate firebrands realise this holds no water so they immediately jump to Anita Sarkeesian who made the mortal sin of pointing out the blindingly obvious. Video Games have a negative image of women. This is an industry wide problem and has been a topic of discussion for well over 2 decades. So I fail to see how she is automatically wrong. Do some of her points overstate the problem, I'd say so. I am not in total agreement with her. But as long as the majority of women that appear in games are depicted as sexual trophies then yes we have a real problem.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What is it about the scared little boys that are so frightened by empowering women that they feel the need to lash out at everyone?

Yes, because uncritically worshipping professional victims as perfect examples of how women should act is a great method of empowerment.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The Quinn portion of this scandal is moonbeams knitted together. She was dating someone that worked for the magazine but did not review her game.

Didn't you hear? One of the guys admitted to being in a relationship with her when he reviewed her game.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So therefore she was sleeping her way to a positive review...

Yup. And not taking into account the fact that three of the guys are unknown. It seems fishy...

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Of course most of the #gamergate firebrands realise this holds no water

No, we all realise this is a big problem in gaming media. At least the youtubers we know who are friends and who collaborate with each other.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  so they immediately jump to Anita Sarkeesian

Because she is the carcinogen in this social justice cancer.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  who made the mortal sin of pointing out the blindingly obvious.

That is only seen by those who want to see it.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Video Games have a negative image of women.

Never saw that one. Are you displaying a bias against females by seeing them as negative? You misogynist!

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is an industry wide problem and has been a topic of discussion for well over 2 decades.

Because feminists will not stop until their social justice pro-woman games are the only ones that exist.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So I fail to see how she is automatically wrong.

Because she has been debunked heavily by critics like Thunderf00t, Sargon of Akkad, MrRepzion, The Amazing Atheist, MundaneMatt and more.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Do some of her points overstate the problem, I'd say so. I am not in total agreement with her.

I would say there is no problem to begin with. She's a con artist.

(08-09-2014 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But as long as the majority of women that appear in games are depicted as sexual trophies then yes we have a real problem.

And the fact that the majority of men are depicted as targets to slay in the thousands? Because I know which one I would rather be viewed as...

And one last thing... Fuck Kotaku.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)