Quinnspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Quinnspiracy
While I dont agree with Anita S. I think people are overreacting to her by being asshats. Shes entitled to voice her opinion as much as anyone else.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-09-2014, 06:10 PM
(08-09-2014 05:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I dont agree with Anita S. I think people are overreacting to her by being asshats. Shes entitled to voice her opinion as much as anyone else.

Yes, and the death/rape threats were very wrong. But it is important to remember that you are not right simply because someone does something wrong to you. And while some of the attacks are misogynist, some are not. Furthermore, Sarkessian and the gaming journalists seem to be refusing that the criticism of her videos is anything more than trolling. She and the gaming journalists has completely ignored legitimate critics like Thunderf00t.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
09-09-2014, 02:36 PM
(08-09-2014 06:10 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  While I dont agree with Anita S. I think people are overreacting to her by being asshats. Shes entitled to voice her opinion as much as anyone else.

Yes, and the death/rape threats were very wrong. But it is important to remember that you are not right simply because someone does something wrong to you. And while some of the attacks are misogynist, some are not. Furthermore, Sarkessian and the gaming journalists seem to be refusing that the criticism of her videos is anything more than trolling. She and the gaming journalists has completely ignored legitimate critics like Thunderf00t.

You can generally tell the level of honesty someone has by who they respond to. If they are genuine, they mostly respond to as much criticism as they can, unless they have legitimate reasons not to e.g. large youtuber doesn't want to attack small video because they don't want to "release the hounds" of their audience on the comments section.
I try to respond to any legitimate (and even some illegitimate but sometimes important) criticism on my posts, and so do many big youtubers like Thunderf00t and Thamazingatheist. I do have respect for that.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post
17-09-2014, 02:37 AM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-09-2014, 04:40 AM
(17-09-2014 02:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Am I supposed to listen to what a corruptionist writes on an extremist-leftist site? I suppose everyone should have laid off Nixon because he said he wasn't a crook.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-09-2014, 04:56 AM
(17-09-2014 04:40 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Am I supposed to listen to what a corruptionist writes on an extremist-leftist site? I suppose everyone should have laid off Nixon because he said he wasn't a crook.

Ya know, you've got a great future writing drivel for some third rate dictator wannabe in a banana republic if you ever decide to leave that hot-bed of Islam, Canada.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-09-2014, 05:06 AM
(08-09-2014 06:10 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Yes, and the death/rape threats were very wrong.
I think you meant to say "alleged death threats."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-09-2014, 08:27 AM
(17-09-2014 04:40 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Extremist-leftist site Laughat Wow I swear if this is a poe act you have it down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-09-2014, 09:31 AM
(17-09-2014 08:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 04:40 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Am I supposed to listen to what a corruptionist writes on an extremist-leftist site? I suppose everyone should have laid off Nixon because he said he wasn't a crook.

Extremist-leftist site Laughat Wow I swear if this is a poe act you have it down.

He's evidently the reincarnation of McCarthy. It's the only explanation.

... this is my signature!
17-09-2014, 09:43 AM
(17-09-2014 08:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 04:40 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Am I supposed to listen to what a corruptionist writes on an extremist-leftist site? I suppose everyone should have laid off Nixon because he said he wasn't a crook.

I was more taken with "corruptionist". WTAF is that? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user