Quip Free Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Quip Free Thread
So; has anybody heard about Ultron's newly revealed backstory? I'm afraid that it's a lot less interesting than I'd have hoped:

[Image: 868299.png]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I won’t be impressed until someone can do ALL the dont’s in one quip! Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-12-2014, 07:32 PM
(31-12-2014 07:22 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  So; has anybody heard about Ultron's newly revealed backstory? I'm afraid that it's a lot less interesting than I'd have hoped:

Theoretically, couldn't that problem be solved with a high atmosphere nuke?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-12-2014, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 07:46 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(31-12-2014 07:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 06:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So you made a thread for grumpy old people?

Oh I get it, you made free thought a thread, that was niceThumbsup

You know, I was that coming before I saw the second line...

It is nice to have my own thread isn't it?

*saw

[Image: CP0QyO5.jpg]

It is, you are the stud of this forum.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-12-2014, 07:48 PM
(31-12-2014 07:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I won’t be impressed until someone can do ALL the dont’s in one quip! Drinking Beverage

[Image: Challenge-Accepted.gif]

Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
31-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Popcorn

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
31-12-2014, 08:02 PM
(31-12-2014 07:48 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 07:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I won’t be impressed until someone can do ALL the dont’s in one quip! Drinking Beverage

[Image: Challenge-Accepted.gif]

Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-12-2014, 08:10 PM
I hear the Maori know what to do with the water and shit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-12-2014, 08:41 PM
What.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
31-12-2014, 08:44 PM
(31-12-2014 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 07:22 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  So; has anybody heard about Ultron's newly revealed backstory? I'm afraid that it's a lot less interesting than I'd have hoped:

Theoretically, couldn't that problem be solved with a high atmosphere nuke?

There are very few problems that nukes can't solve but they probably can't fix the marauding robot with prep-time: EMP shielding is cheap and effective.

That's an entirely reasonable question though and a recurring problem for the series.
Chitarui Invasion? Solvable through conventional warfare.
Hydra's takeover the world? Requires one guy with three stinger missiles.
The other much less effective HYDRA takeover of the world in Iron Man 3? Solvable through conventional warfare.
The Dark Elves attempt to fuck the universe? Solvable through conventional warfare. (Though probably not fast enough.)
Hammer's attempt to make butloads of money further Hydra's agenda? Solvable through conventional warfare.
The Ironmonger's dickmongery attempt to further Hydra's agenda? Solvable through conventional warfare.
Hulk rampage? Back off then put Banner in an induced coma.
Hydra's fuckoff scale plane? Solvable through conventional warfare.

There hasn't been a single problem (on earth) in the entire franchise that can only be solved via the protagonists intervention.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.