Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Smile Quit Smoking
Cigarettes that is. Wink

Today is five weeks since I quit. This has always been one of the hardest benchmarks for me to reach (this ain't my first dance with the quit demon). Cravings are brutal right now. In fact, I think the cravings are part of the reason for my insomnia the last few days.

Dammit this sucks!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-04-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: Quit Smoking
be strong! if you reach two months I'll try to stop also Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
15-04-2013, 01:41 AM
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

He also say "I may be drunk, miss, but in the the morning I'll be sober and you will still be ugly" I psrsaphrase maybe but I am drunk an too
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
15-04-2013, 01:45 AM
(15-04-2013 01:38 AM)nach_in Wrote:  be strong! if you reach two months I'll try to stop also Big Grin

Deal!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-04-2013, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 08:02 AM by Vosur.)
Re: Quit Smoking
Getting yourself one of those will make things a lot easier.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
15-04-2013, 04:08 AM
How many years had you been smoking before you finally gave up?

(past tense used for encouragement purposes only)

15-04-2013, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 04:36 AM by Luminon.)
(15-04-2013 01:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Cigarettes that is. Wink

Today is five weeks since I quit. This has always been one of the hardest benchmarks for me to reach (this ain't my first dance with the quit demon). Cravings are brutal right now. In fact, I think the cravings are part of the reason for my insomnia the last few days.

Dammit this sucks!
I stopped smoking what, 7 years ago? I still miss it. And I had a cigarette or two when I was very drunk since then. Normally the will is strong enough, but if it lapses, I know the addiction is still there.
But I had to stop. Not enough money and it does nothing but put off the craving for a while.
And my mom absolutely hates smoking, she'd disown me or at least cut off all her financial support. It'd be just like you guys would say at home you're atheists. She can be very judgemental, my mom. And I don't have nerves to live like that, sneaking around.

I don't know how about your mom, but chances are, your life should be better. Better health, probably. I used to have quite scary bronchitis every once a while. It is good to have hours of uninterrupted attention, without the need to smoke. I hope you have better reasons to stop smoking than just your health, your mom, staying alive or having whiter teeth. It reminds me of one guy who stopped smoking, when he realized he smokes two laptops worth money per year. So he promised to buy himself two laptops every year. THAT worked.

The devil in the detail is, there is not really anything to replace it. Since I stopped smoking, my social life gave up its last breath. I lost the last reason to hang out with people. Now I can only hang out doing and saying nothing at all (or saying too much), which I prefer not to. In a sense it's true, smoking makes friends and connects people. Alcohol too.

There is nothing to replace it, but that doesn't mean I don't have a good time! I get quite ecstatic on psychedelic music and hacking my autonomous nerve system, these are just not social activities.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
15-04-2013, 05:33 AM
It sucks, but it's good news! Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-04-2013, 07:40 AM
[Image: hey-you-can-do-it.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
15-04-2013, 07:45 AM
First thing I thought was...you should probably have made sure you were not on fire before posting on TTA about not smoking any more. That's not normal.

...I'll show myself out...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post