Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Quit Smoking
It's like hooka in the same way it feels different on the lungs when inhaling, but more heavy. It gives lung butter (probably more so) if you're using it as a smoking cessation tool, lightvader.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Duh,ofcourse an ecig is more convenient. Imagine bringing a hookah in public!
And i kinda like the sugary taste of a hookah,so...
Btw,i had a small setback. I was cleaning my room and found a pack of old ciggies. Would be a waste of money if i trew them away,so i smoked them. That makes 2 cigs in 3 days

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
28-08-2013, 03:11 PM
(28-08-2013 12:01 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Duh,ofcourse an ecig is more convenient. Imagine bringing a hookah in public!

lol Big Grin
28-08-2013, 03:45 PM
(28-08-2013 11:27 AM)joben1 Wrote:  Okay, I take your point about stress and addiction. Smokers know that they are addicted and know how harmful it is; you're preaching to the choir.

"if you could stop smoking with no withdrawal symptoms, would you do it?" smoking yes, vaping no. If smoking (and the act that goes with it) was the only option, then I would reluctantly give it up purely because of the health issues. This is because I really did enjoy smoking and now enjoy vaping. I can assure you that I am not the only one who feels this way (see forums below). I tried giving up smoking many times using many methods without success until I found ecigs.

Whether they work for everyone is arguable and beside the point. They are by far the most effective way to beat smoking.

I am unsure what you mean by point (a). Point (b) is correct but they are at least smoking less which is an improvement. Point © is incorrect as it runs into the millions and is increasing rapidly which is amazing since they haven't been on the market that long.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/electronic...tatistics/
and this is only the US.

It is not only the nicotine that gives this enjoyment. There are many vapers that only use nicotine free eliquids which shows this. This is a major reason why ecigs are so successful where NRT products are not. When switching to ecigs, you can actually wean yourself off nicotine by gradually reducing the nicotine content of the liquid.

In my view, ecigs are succeeding while NRT products are not. That can only be a good thing.

Forums that give the experiences of vapers and other useful info:

http://ukvapers.org
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I understand that you enjoyed smoking but I doubt you enjoyed your first cigarette (even smokers say that people who claim to have enjoyed their first cigarette are lying).

The numbers only tell me that many people have tried them. That doesn't mean that everyone is still using them. My aunt used it for a couple of months before going back to cigarettes. Half of the users they counted there may have stopped already. In any case, this is not the point, I have nothing against e-cigs.

By point (a) I meant that e-cigs are not actually proven to be safe, plus an addiction is never healthy.
I know about the gradual reduction of nicotine etc, I heard it so many times back then when everyone bought it Tongue

Anyway, final statement, I'm not against e-cigs, they are probably a good way for some people to quit, but seeing the results of the books I'm talking about, I consider them equally effective.
It's just that people are too bored to read. Just think, if you had to stop eating sugar, would you prefer to read about effective techniques on how to stop it completely or having the choice to replace it with an alternative that tastes almost the same? Wink

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-08-2013, 04:45 PM
(28-08-2013 12:01 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Duh,ofcourse an ecig is more convenient. Imagine bringing a hookah in public!
And i kinda like the sugary taste of a hookah,so...
Btw,i had a small setback. I was cleaning my room and found a pack of old ciggies. Would be a waste of money if i trew them away,so i smoked them. That makes 2 cigs in 3 days

Good attitude! You haven't given up, it was just a setback. Nothing that should make you any less proud of your progress so far. Keep it up!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanx stark! I hope i can keep it up cuz i stopped one time for 1~2 months and then it started again...

28-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Im curious,how did you guys start smoking?

28-08-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 06:28 PM by joben1.)
(28-08-2013 03:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 11:27 AM)joben1 Wrote:  Okay, I take your point about stress and addiction. Smokers know that they are addicted and know how harmful it is; you're preaching to the choir.

"if you could stop smoking with no withdrawal symptoms, would you do it?" smoking yes, vaping no. If smoking (and the act that goes with it) was the only option, then I would reluctantly give it up purely because of the health issues. This is because I really did enjoy smoking and now enjoy vaping. I can assure you that I am not the only one who feels this way (see forums below). I tried giving up smoking many times using many methods without success until I found ecigs.

Whether they work for everyone is arguable and beside the point. They are by far the most effective way to beat smoking.

I am unsure what you mean by point (a). Point (b) is correct but they are at least smoking less which is an improvement. Point © is incorrect as it runs into the millions and is increasing rapidly which is amazing since they haven't been on the market that long.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/electronic...tatistics/
and this is only the US.

It is not only the nicotine that gives this enjoyment. There are many vapers that only use nicotine free eliquids which shows this. This is a major reason why ecigs are so successful where NRT products are not. When switching to ecigs, you can actually wean yourself off nicotine by gradually reducing the nicotine content of the liquid.

In my view, ecigs are succeeding while NRT products are not. That can only be a good thing.

Forums that give the experiences of vapers and other useful info:

http://ukvapers.org
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I understand that you enjoyed smoking but I doubt you enjoyed your first cigarette (even smokers say that people who claim to have enjoyed their first cigarette are lying).

The numbers only tell me that many people have tried them. That doesn't mean that everyone is still using them. My aunt used it for a couple of months before going back to cigarettes. Half of the users they counted there may have stopped already. In any case, this is not the point, I have nothing against e-cigs.

By point (a) I meant that e-cigs are not actually proven to be safe, plus an addiction is never healthy.
I know about the gradual reduction of nicotine etc, I heard it so many times back then when everyone bought it Tongue

Anyway, final statement, I'm not against e-cigs, they are probably a good way for some people to quit, but seeing the results of the books I'm talking about, I consider them equally effective.
It's just that people are too bored to read. Just think, if you had to stop eating sugar, would you prefer to read about effective techniques on how to stop it completely or having the choice to replace it with an alternative that tastes almost the same? Wink

No I didn't enjoy my first cig but what has that got to do with anything? I don't really know what your point IS. My ONLY point is that ecigs help people stop smoking...THAT'S IT!

Again, it could be that those people that give up on ecigs just didn't find the right setup. It's not easy to do because not many people know what is available. If there were more shops on the high street selling a variety of types it'd be a lot easier and, even so, they are doing incredibly well.

Regarding the numbers and how successful ecigs are at getting people to stop smoking, read the forums. The stats I posted show that 31% of people who tried ecigs quit smoking within 6 months; that says it all! I would hazard a guess that this figure would have been far higher if all those that tried them knew what was available. I bet most of them used the cigalikes available in supermarkets and they are the worst type. In my case, success was immediate. And actually we know what is in the eliquid and it is known to be far far safer than smoking.

Maybe addictions aren't healthy, but there are many things that we do that aren't healthy. I enjoy my addiction and it's far far healthier than my old one; that's all I care about.

By the way, what books are you talking about?

If eating sugar bothered me, then I would find an alternative Wink
28-08-2013, 05:57 PM
(28-08-2013 04:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Thanx stark! I hope i can keep it up cuz i stopped one time for 1~2 months and then it started again...

I stopped by using ecigs Wink
28-08-2013, 05:58 PM
(28-08-2013 04:57 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Im curious,how did you guys start smoking?

It's strange as I was really against them, but in the end peer pressure won out. I was around 20 years old.