Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Quit Smoking
I was against cigs. Then i decided i wanted to know what my dad liked about them. It was not sweet,so i figured i did something wrong,but i did stop then. Then a few months later,i saw a friend smoking ,and it was a different brand so i took it to try if it was better than what my father smoked. Since then me and my friend used to smoke together 1~3 times a week,then it escalated. I dont think it was peer pressure,because i always liked smoking alone better

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I was 13 back then btw

28-08-2013, 06:35 PM
To people who smoke, here's how to stop: Date a person with asthma
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
28-08-2013, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 06:48 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
I don't rember why I started, but I do remember why I kept smoking.

It got me kicked out of the Witnesses. Money well spent, at the time. Now though I need to cease as the price is too high.

Smoking like a chimney lately while waiting to figure out how to get these ecigs. xD

Just to remind people, this is the support section of the forum for those looking for support/advice/guidance on matters and not a debate arena. Lets try and keep it that way. Smile

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
28-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes,the prices are killing me. And then there is the law that came recently. Its forbidden to smoke in public places

28-08-2013, 06:51 PM
BQ,i had a girlfriend with a mild case of asthma. She knew i smoked,and it was ok if i smoked as long as it wasnt near her

29-08-2013, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 06:18 AM by undergroundp.)
(28-08-2013 05:55 PM)joben1 Wrote:  No I didn't enjoy my first cig but what has that got to do with anything? I don't really know what your point IS. My ONLY point is that ecigs help people stop smoking...THAT'S IT!

Again, it could be that those people that give up on ecigs just didn't find the right setup. It's not easy to do because not many people know what is available. If there were more shops on the high street selling a variety of types it'd be a lot easier and, even so, they are doing incredibly well.

Regarding the numbers and how successful ecigs are at getting people to stop smoking, read the forums. The stats I posted show that 31% of people who tried ecigs quit smoking within 6 months; that says it all! I would hazard a guess that this figure would have been far higher if all those that tried them knew what was available. I bet most of them used the cigalikes available in supermarkets and they are the worst type. In my case, success was immediate. And actually we know what is in the eliquid and it is known to be far far safer than smoking.

Maybe addictions aren't healthy, but there are many things that we do that aren't healthy. I enjoy my addiction and it's far far healthier than my old one; that's all I care about.

By the way, what books are you talking about?

If eating sugar bothered me, then I would find an alternative Wink

I wasn't trying to argue about anything, I was just commenting on things Blush
I just mentioned your first cig to say that the reason people keep on smoking is not because it is enjoyable or because it helps them relax, just saying that I don't see it exactly as an enjoyable experience that deserves to extend to an enjoyable addiction.

As for e-cigs, you're right I guess, it's better if they at least don't smoke.

The books are in Greek but I could check some sources and recommendations (in English) I've seen in there if you're interested.

(28-08-2013 06:32 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I was against cigs. Then i decided i wanted to know what my dad liked about them. It was not sweet,so i figured i did something wrong,but i did stop then. Then a few months later,i saw a friend smoking ,and it was a different brand so i took it to try if it was better than what my father smoked. Since then me and my friend used to smoke together 1~3 times a week,then it escalated. I dont think it was peer pressure,because i always liked smoking alone better

Peer pressure doesn't work exactly like that. It doesn't have to do with whether you are smoking alone or not. The pressure lies in the fact that you subconsciously feel the need to "fit in" and even if you convince yourself that it is your choice and you are doing it for yourself, you may not realize the influence of peer pressure in your choices.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
29-08-2013, 08:14 AM
(28-08-2013 06:41 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I don't rember why I started, but I do remember why I kept smoking.

It got me kicked out of the Witnesses. Money well spent, at the time. Now though I need to cease as the price is too high.

Smoking like a chimney lately while waiting to figure out how to get these ecigs. xD

Just to remind people, this is the support section of the forum for those looking for support/advice/guidance on matters and not a debate arena. Lets try and keep it that way. Smile

I have saved between £2500 and £3000 in 18 months Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
29-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Undergrounddp, yes please let me know about the books. Would be much appreciated.
29-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I never smoked to fit in. There was a time i had no friends who smoked(my friend stopped),and they encouraged me to stop.
Most of my friends still try,but they know its useless. I think you need to have the will to stop,if people try to make you stop against your will it will never work. And that will is what i lacked till now