Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Quit Smoking
(29-08-2013 08:19 AM)joben1 Wrote:  Undergrounddp, yes please let me know about the books. Would be much appreciated.

The most important for the author of the book are:

"The Nicotine Trick: The Totally New Way To Stop Smoking" by Neil Casey
"Addiction" by Terry E. Robinson and Kent C. Berridge
"Easyway to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr

and then there's a longer list of "less" important yet useful ones of which I just took a (really crappy picture) in case you are interested:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/fbdvh1.jpg

(29-08-2013 12:14 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I never smoked to fit in. There was a time i had no friends who smoked(my friend stopped),and they encouraged me to stop.
Most of my friends still try,but they know its useless. I think you need to have the will to stop,if people try to make you stop against your will it will never work. And that will is what i lacked till now

As I said, you don't consciously want to fit in. My best friend in high school had no friends who smoked, not even her family did, but she just started it and kept it secret. After a couple of years, she'd write on her blog about the "awesome feeling of looking at the stars while smoking alone". I'm sure she felt like some awesome person in a movie. Because without a cig, it's not cool, right? It's not just "fitting in". It's a construction of identity.

But you haven't clearly told us, if you don't feel it was peer pressure, what do you think it was?

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
29-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Would you say your friend started because of peer pressure? If so,then you can consider the same for me
Honestly,its easy to describe how i started,but hard to say why i didnt stop.

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
29-08-2013, 02:47 PM
(15-04-2013 01:25 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Cigarettes that is. Wink

Today is five weeks since I quit. This has always been one of the hardest benchmarks for me to reach (this ain't my first dance with the quit demon). Cravings are brutal right now. In fact, I think the cravings are part of the reason for my insomnia the last few days.

Dammit this sucks!

If you are still having cravings talk to your doctor. Ask him about Wellbutrin or
Zyban. I have been quit for 8 yrs now and no longer have any cravings. The cravings disappeared after I took Wellbutrin for about 8 weeks. Then I quit taking it and the cravings never came back. I hope that helps. It worked for me.

Diety Free in Dixieland
31-08-2013, 02:20 PM
(29-08-2013 02:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Would you say your friend started because of peer pressure? If so,then you can consider the same for me

I would say she was influenced by the way of life she admired (that of rock stars and their fans). It is a form of peer pressure.

It's usually hard for people to admit that they started it because they wanted to look cool/older/mature.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
31-08-2013, 05:53 PM
(31-08-2013 02:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(29-08-2013 02:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Would you say your friend started because of peer pressure? If so,then you can consider the same for me

I would say she was influenced by the way of life she admired (that of rock stars and their fans). It is a form of peer pressure.

It's usually hard for people to admit that they started it because they wanted to look cool/older/mature.

They are the only reasons I can think of. I can't imagine anyone enjoying their first cigarette. If I try one now (and I have tried one a couple of times since I gave up) they are bloody foul.!
31-08-2013, 05:58 PM
(31-08-2013 05:53 PM)joben1 Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 02:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I would say she was influenced by the way of life she admired (that of rock stars and their fans). It is a form of peer pressure.

They are the only reasons I can think of. I can't imagine anyone enjoying their first cigarette. If I try one now (and I have tried one a couple of times since I gave up) they are bloody foul.!

Lol my cousin wanted to make sure I wouldn't waste his weed so I had to learn to smoke a cig first...liked the cigs didn't care for the weed...until I got to college and had some real greenery.

SmokinSmokinSmokinSmokin

I quite smoking 3 years ago (still have the occasional cigar) and I have a Vape for the other stuff...no more tar/coughing.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2013, 06:03 PM
The weed makes the cigs more palatable, it's the only way now.
07-09-2013, 05:54 PM
My friend owed me cigs,and i completely forgot about it. So today,we went to the mall and out of the blue,he gives me a pack dunhill finecut. I refused at first,but i ended up smoking 4 cigs. That makes 6 cigs in 2 weeks. Not bad,but not good either. I noticed the craving isnt going away,but as long as i'm occupied,i can ignore it. The last 2 weeks, i jogged an extra 2 km a day,i made 1 extra table a day,i cleaned my room thorougly and i helped much more around the house. How about you,cheapsy?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
13-09-2013, 08:24 PM
3 weeks since i quit smoking! The underside of the nail of my indexfinger is slightly fainter than the rest. Finally losing that

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
03-10-2013, 06:00 AM
I found THE soundproof way to stop! Try the brand "tradition" by von eicken. It tastes like shit,keaves a bad aftertaste,does not burn well and stinks. My friend offered me one,i tried it and it left me wondering why i srill smoke occationally