Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Quit Smoking
Whoa. Lots of you guys are/were smokers and I had no idea.

I've never tried 'em, never even been offered 'em. Closest I've ever come to smoking was a series of dreams I had whose only common theme was that I was smoking in all of them. Weird, but true.

Come to it, I've never tried any other kind of drug, either. Never really wanted to, I guess. Closest I came to any kind of addiction in that way was when I had all four wisdom teeth out at once (I went under sedation and had them all cut out in one whack) and they prescribed me hydrocodone (sp?) and after a bit I realized that I probably wasn't taking them for pain anymore. Made me feel real nice, they did, but terribly sleepy. So I trashed the rest of the bottle.

Only thing I indulge in is Budweiser - at most, a six-pack a week (which is usually split into two nights - no sense drinking just one, if you ask me).

Anyway, reading all of y'alls posts makes me thankful that I'm not fighting the same battle but also makes really proud of y'all. If you can give up the smokes, then surely I can get myself permanently off the sodas and eat a little less "pickily".

Hug for Stark and everyone else working to ditch the cigarettes.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
School starts tomorow. Lets see how i hold up then. I used to smoke with friends in lunchbreaks

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-10-2013, 07:27 AM
You can do it, LV! Hug

08-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks Hug

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
10-10-2013, 02:56 AM
I quit a year ago after 15 years and now "smoke" e-cigarettes. I can highly recommend them!