Quit Smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: Quit Smoking
(12-07-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 01:29 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Sell them for a profit, yaknow you want to.

Hmmmmmm.... Consider

No.Dodgy

C'mon. Be a quitter and a criminal! Seriously, sell the smokes then buy yourself something with the profit as a reward for quitting!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 02:21 PM
(12-07-2013 01:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hmmmmmm.... Consider

No.Dodgy

C'mon. Be a quitter and a criminal! Seriously, sell the smokes then buy yourself something with the profit as a reward for quitting!

Yea, Chas. Think of the money you'll save so you can get one of these...
[Image: 025.jpg]
Or this...
[Image: Hublot-Black-Caviar-Bang-1-Million.jpg]
You know you want it. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM
(12-07-2013 02:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 01:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  C'mon. Be a quitter and a criminal! Seriously, sell the smokes then buy yourself something with the profit as a reward for quitting!

Yea, Chas. Think of the money you'll save so you can get one of these...
[Image: 025.jpg]
Or this...
[Image: Hublot-Black-Caviar-Bang-1-Million.jpg]
You know you want it. Wink

Kim and Stark both make compelling arguments. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Wow, I love Tag Huer... that one in the pic... I WANT IT! It would be a nice addition to my non-existent Tag collection.

By the way, I quit smoking 7 years ago. Didn't touch any for 4 years after that. Socially smoked for past 3 years. I'm talking maybe 5 cigs a year up until last year. Last year, I started to go out more and thus smoked more. Now I'm back to 0 because I just lost interest again.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
13-07-2013, 12:10 PM
We all know the dangers of smoking,but we smokers cant stop easily.
I remember i had a presentation about tabaco(fucking teacher knew i smoked and gave this topic to me)
after i was done,my mates asked me "you just presented that.
Why dont you listen to your own advice?"

well,the thing is,that in every break at school,i have around 30 mins left after eating and then i see my friends smoking.
Its just so fucked up!
When im stressed,i smoke.
And i stress alot before a big test.

I began with 1 cig a week,and now im at 7~10 a day.
Here,we have a full week with 2 tests per day,and then i smoke 20+ a day,and after that week it takes much to go to 7~10 again...
Most people think that smokers smoke to look cool.
I dont.
I began alone,stopped a year.
Then i saw a friend smoking,and i got this urge to smoke again.
Since then,i smoked 1-2 a week(with my friend or alone),and after that,i began smoking at home.
I always prefer smoking at home.
Cuz
1.dont have to share
2.dont have to look out for teachers
3.dont have to look out for non-smoking classmates

it kinda sucks

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
15-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Over a span of 5 years, I quit smoking a dozen times. I couldn't get past day 5 as the craving was all encompassing. But at least I didn't smoke those 5 days and when I restarted, at least for a while I was able to keep it to just a few per day. Then it dawned on me how much we smoke out of habit and not craving. Talk on the phone, smoke. Drive, smoke, so many associations. OK, no smoking when on the phone. It took a few weeks where I wasn't looking for a smoke. Then the next association and so on. This took about 6 mos and I'd cut out 5 a day from almost a pack a day. When I decided to stop smoking all the habit issues were done with. About day 4 I couldn't stand the craving so I had one drag off a smoke and snipped the end off. The craving went away and life was good but 3 days later, I needed another drag. Only one and off the previously lit cig and now it wasn't tasting good, bloody awful. That was the last. I told myself I was a non-smoker. To me to say I'd quit meant the door was open to start again. Hey, if a line of bs works why not use it. That was 22 years ago. I have never craved a cig. since because I'm a non-smoker, and I believe that.
15-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Well,its habbit and craving mixed.
Stressed-smoke
lunchbreak-smoke
study-smoke
meet my pals-smoke
play game-smoke
internet-smoke
bored-smoke
every fucking habbit is linked to smoking somehow! :mad:
and craving comes whenever i see people smoke,and when i have nothing to do.
Its a wonder my parents dont know i smoke

26-08-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm thinking of quitting. Well, I've been thinking for awhile now. It's gotten more serious now that I've gotten a little money. I'm tempted to get an E-cigarette to use as a smoking cessation tool. Habits die hard, and the one that got me going back the last time I quite (4 months after cold turkey and my coffee got lonely) has made me realize the actions of holding a cigarette are as much something I crave as smoking itself.

I know there isn't much study of E-cigs. I'm wondering if anyone else is on it, and is willing to pass on information that they know and their experience of being on the product.

I'm needing to quit, but the wanting isn't all there just yet.

Goddammit. :/

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-08-2013, 07:55 AM
cheapsy,we gonna try it together,ok? I decided i really wanted to stop,so i went to my dad today,told him i never stopped smoking but i want to stop now(he got mad cuz he thought i stopped 2 years ago). We agreed that i wont get allowance this vacation,so i cant buy those damned cancer sticks. Right now,im finishing the last cig i have. All these post serve as encouragement to me. Best of luck

26-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Quitting smoking relies heavily on realizing that the pleasure you get from a cigarette is an illusion. Smoking turns you into a nicotine junkie and you can't possibly feel relaxed without it in your system.

You feel stressed, you smoke, you feel better. You don't, however, feel better because nicotine is helping you relax. Your stress-o-metter might show 60% stress over daily life and 40% stress over the lack of nicotine. Once you smoke, the 40% goes away and you feel better. The 60% stress of daily life is still there. What have you gained?

If you let your body adapt to the lack of nicotine, a great amount of daily stress will disappear. You might crave for it, but why? I know I crave for cola because it tastes so damn good. But craving for something that tastes horribly and doesn't offer anything good? Also note that after quitting for a few days, the first cigarette will make you feel terrible, like the first time you smoked.

All this is just a summary of books on quitting smoking, which many people in here don't seem to read. Try them, they really help.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-