[Quiz] Find out which presidential candidate matches your political views the most!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: [Quiz] Find out which presidential candidate matches your political views the most!
Clinton 96%, Bernie 92%, 91% Jill Stein (who?) but I would vote Bernie if I was American.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: [Quiz] Find out which presidential candidate matches your political views the most!
Interestingly enough, I got exactly the same results as I did when I last did a test like this one.

SSL connection error

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Then going back to the previous page, all my answers had disappeared.

Not going to bother again as over half of my replies where "Add your own stance" e.g on the Syrian immigrants question I wrote:

Add your own stance:
""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

But, then, it doesn't matter as I have not read up on the candidates policies. In fact, I didn't realise they had any. I thought it was all about personality over there.

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-03-2016, 01:35 AM
(13-03-2016 09:41 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  95% Hillary
94% Bernie

Last one I took said Sanders. I must be pulling a John Kerry or something.

Well, to be honest, there's most likely little functional difference between the two.

I tend to side with Sanders simply because Clinton's attempts to sell herself smack of pandering, which I've never been a fan of (along with a few other issues that I don't care to get into here). Sanders at least seems to present himself honestly.

But when it comes to actual politics, there aren't too many major differences, at least in practice. Sanders has pipe dreams which are unlikely to get passed. Clinton is unlikely to do anything particularly radical. Ultimately, I don't think either of them is really likely to affect any sort of great change. The lists of things that they're likely to actually get done are pretty similar.

Ultimately, I think most Democrat voters are more than happy to go for either candidate, so long as no one on the Republican ballot is allowed within thirty miles of the Oval Office.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-03-2016, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 02:01 AM by Black Eagle.)
I was 97% Sanders and I didn't look at the others although next was Jill Stein and I don't remember the percentage.

I think I may go to work for Jill Stein and the Green Party if Sanders doesn't get the nomination.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
14-03-2016, 02:27 AM
Bernie Sanders: 89%
Jill Stein: 84%
Hillary Clinton: 84%
Gary Johnson: 64%
John Kasich: 52%
Donald Trump: 51%
Marco Rubio: 43%
Ted Cruz: 34%

One of the additional answers to the question about Russia's involvement in the fight against ISIS in Syria really raised an eyebrow.
It basically said: Stop Russia's involvement and go to war with Russia. I wonder how many people in the Western world thinks a war on Russia would be a good idea?
14-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Gary Johnson 87%

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Bernie.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Not a huge difference between various candidates for me. Perhaps I did too many of the expanded answers and they didn't figure well into the percentages :/ At any rate, I was like 89% Rubio and 80% Sanders, with my lowest being 69% HIllary. I can't say the breakdown made a lot of sense as I compared their views with mine, but whatever. None of them are getting my vote.

'Murican Canadian
14-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Sanders 87%
Clinton 81%
Stein 80%
Johnson 71%
Cruz 51%
Trump 46%

Basically what I expected.
14-03-2016, 10:31 AM
99% for Sanders, 97% for Clinton. My first Republican is Ted Cruz at 17%.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.