R. G. Ingersoll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 07:22 PM
R. G. Ingersoll
Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum, but I have been watching Mat and Tracie destroy creationists for quite a while. I am probably preaching to the choir here, (Pun Intended) bit how many if you are familiar with Col. Robert Green Ingersoll? You can go to Librivox.org and DL his lectures as MP3's and he was as eloquent an orator as you will ever hear on the subject of deities. A Gentleman named Ted Delorme out of SC does most of his lectures and he is great. Col Ingersoll lived from 1833-1899, and he would probably be amazed that we have not shaken off the oppressive leaden cloak of religion a long time ago. ave a good day all!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: R. G. Ingersoll
First off, welcome.

Second, Matt and Tracie are on the Atheist Experience ... This is the forum for The Thinking Atheist (Seth Andrews).

Third, yes, Ingersoll is brilliant. I follow an account on FB that has daily quotes and memes from his lectures and publications, etc. Good stuff.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
17-05-2015, 11:39 PM
(17-05-2015 07:22 PM)jagans Wrote:  Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum, but I have been watching Mat and Tracie destroy creationists for quite a while. I am probably preaching to the choir here, (Pun Intended) bit how many if you are familiar with Col. Robert Green Ingersoll? You can go to Librivox.org and DL his lectures as MP3's and he was as eloquent an orator as you will ever hear on the subject of deities. A Gentleman named Ted Delorme out of SC does most of his lectures and he is great. Col Ingersoll lived from 1833-1899, and he would probably be amazed that we have not shaken off the oppressive leaden cloak of religion a long time ago. ave a good day all!

Found out about them a long time ago, their productions of Ingersoll's work are rather good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Ingersoll was and still is a giant in the anti theist world. He was brilliantly eloquent and brought much to my attention that I had not thought about before.

Also. welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
23-05-2015, 03:18 AM
The Secular Web offers an almost complete collection, if not, indeed entirely complete, of Ingersoll and various other freethinkers throughout history.

I love Ingersoll, he is just so quotable and usually just say it the best.

http://infidels.org/library/historical/r...ingersoll/

I'd like to know where I can download free pdf versions of his entire body of work for my ereader.

But, There are some sites that offer pretty neat free pdf books, like the Guttenberg project/manybooks.net - one of the books I liked was Ancient and modern celebrated freethinkers by Bradlaugh.