R.I.P. Adam West

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: R.I.P. Adam West
That sucks, death always sucks. I can say when I was a kid that original series the villains in it really scared the shit out of me. Watching the reruns today it looks antiquated, but that is art. If the producers and actors of that series didn't do a good job I wouldn't be posting this comment on the impact it had on my childhood.

Adam seemed to have a really great sense of humor outside his work and even his work reflected that, his fans will miss him.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 01:48 PM
I had the same reaction about Jack Lord who stared in the original Hawaii 5-0, when he died.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
10-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Though not my favorite genre, I certainly watched Batman and Robin as a kid. It was so campy as were a lot of shows back then.

So many losses in the last couple years. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Good bye old chum.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-06-2017, 03:58 PM
I hated and still hate Batman with a vengeance, but I never hated the actor. RIP.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
11-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Of course, his younger fans knew him for other works.

If there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.

| (• ◡•)|  (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
12-06-2017, 04:19 AM
(10-06-2017 11:22 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Some of the old ones were funny. Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_o56yb2vmlc1s2wio8o1_250.gif]

RIP Batman O.G.

Remember when Batman used to smile and have fun?

[Image: Adam%2BWest%2Bas%2B%2527Batman%2527%2Bin...2%2529.jpg]

Adam West remembers.

So does Will Arnett and LEGO Batman

[Image: 1488828000563]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2017, 05:26 AM
"Nobody messes with ADAM WE"

I know he's now more known for Family Guy, but he was one of the first "Batman" actors I ever saw. We did get the really old like Movie serial on TV in England repeated when I was a kid, but I loved the '66 batman as well.

Others have said it, but Adam West, along with Burt Ward and those involved in the production of the series, is responsible for making Batman "main stream" and not only that but ingraining those kids/adults from the late '60's with this batman idea, that some 50ish years later, EVERYBODY knows who batman is, as it's been passed on from parents to children, or at least thought "my kid can watch batman, it's fun".

Rest easy Adam. Not the first Batman to hang up the cowl, but easily one of the most popular.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
12-06-2017, 08:56 AM
(12-06-2017 04:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 11:22 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Some of the old ones were funny. Laugh out load

[Image: tumblr_o56yb2vmlc1s2wio8o1_250.gif]

RIP Batman O.G.

Remember when Batman used to smile and have fun?

[Image: Adam%2BWest%2Bas%2B%2527Batman%2527%2Bin...2%2529.jpg]

Adam West remembers.

So does Will Arnett and LEGO Batman

[Image: 1488828000563]

MovieBob remembers

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-06-2017, 07:53 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense