RATS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2015, 07:07 AM
RATS
Yeah rats. The Norway variety I'm guessing from the scat.

It would appear I've got one living in the wall between my laundry room and utility room. (water heater, softener and well tank in there)....

I got some bigassed Victor rat traps (not the mouse kind) -- and it appears he accidentally tripped one last night and didn't get hurt too badly... There was a bit of hair and blood on the jaw of the trap - and a small puddle of blood on the concrete where the rat sat and recovered from the ordeal....

Now he knows rat traps and will probably associate peanut butter with pain - as that's what I used for bait....

Time to break out the muskrat foot traps, and the counterbearing trap for the hole he's using to get in and out of the wall.

The last one I had in the house - (this is the 2nd in 25 years or so) - I got lucky - and capped the bastard with a .22 pistol loaded with shotshell.

This one's probably going to be more of a challenge.

Any good rat stories - or sure-fire suggestions for bait???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2015, 07:24 AM
RE: RATS
I don't know about bait, but my aunt once left the oven open for a minute and a rat jumped in right on the apple pie. I guess they like pie?

We always had rats in our basement back in my hometown and we mostly used some kind of poison and plain traps. I think the cats we've had through the years helped a lot.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
17-04-2015, 07:35 AM
(17-04-2015 07:24 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't know about bait, but my aunt once left the oven open for a minute and a rat jumped in right on the apple pie. I guess they like pie?

We always had rats in our basement back in my hometown and we mostly used some kind of poison and plain traps. I think the cats we've had through the years helped a lot.

We've got an animal that my SO insists is a cat. She brought it with her when she moved in....

I suspect it's not a cat - but a tribble with legs.

It's that useless......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-04-2015, 07:44 AM
(17-04-2015 07:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We've got an animal that my SO insists is a cat. She brought it with her when she moved in....

I suspect it's not a cat - but a tribble with legs.

It's that useless......

Yeah, some of them tend to be like that. We had a garden which was a meeting place for all the strays in the neighborhood and a playground for our own cats and they could get to the basement through it, so they were always active.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
17-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Aisle 40, second bay at the top, second prong, $2.99.
Alternatively, aisle 36, first bay, bottom shelf.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
17-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Coincidentally we've just found rats living under the decking in our garden, gonna lift it up and send the doggies in sometime soon Evil_monster

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
17-04-2015, 11:59 AM
We raised rats on our farm. About 3000 a month. The used bedding attracted wild rats from miles around, since most of our rats were female. We had a serious problem at one point.

Three cats, raised on rats alone, and the problem was gone. Just like that. Blew my fucking mind.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
17-04-2015, 12:19 PM
A rat fed cat.....

wow...

I think even the most ardent animal lover might have problems curling up in bed with one of those....

Stone cold killers were they???

heh

[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
17-04-2015, 12:28 PM
(17-04-2015 12:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A rat fed cat.....

wow...

I think even the most ardent animal lover might have problems curling up in bed with one of those....

Stone cold killers were they???

heh

These might qualify as 'outside' cats. Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
17-04-2015, 12:30 PM
My uncle always put down a plate and poured some Pepsi on it in his barn. He swears that Pepsi kills rats. No idea if it works.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.