RC Church Pays Paedophile's Legal Costs...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Exclamation RC Church Pays Paedophile's Legal Costs...
I was both taken aback and disgusted tonight to read that the Roman Catholic church in Australia is paying the legal fees for the defence of one of our country's worst ever paedophiles...

"It Just Blows Me Away": Judge stunned by church's legal aid to paedophile

A Victorian judge said evidence the Catholic Church continues to fund the legal defence of one of Australia's worst paedophiles, Robert Charles Best, "just blows me away". On Monday Best, 76, pleaded guilty in the County Court of Victoria to sexually abusing 20 young victims between 1968 and 1988 at schools in Ballarat, Box Hill, Geelong and Moonee Ponds...

The Christian Brothers had spent more than $1.5 million in legal fees on Best, whose victims number in the dozens, according to evidence the order gave to the child abuse royal commission in 2015...

In 2011 the Christian Brother was jailed of a non-parole period of 11 years for abusing 11 other children under his care. In 2015, the Christian Brothers said they would welcome the paedophile back into their ranks upon his release from prison.

—This is yet another example of the hypocrisy of the RC church protecting its own, despite repeated public assurances to the contrary. It's estimated that around 2,000 Catholic priests in Australia are/were paedophiles (in a population of only 24 million).

Despite his crimes, the Christian Brothers administration admitted to Australia's child abuse Royal Commission in 2015 that Robert Best is still accepted by the Christian Brothers as a member of the Order: there were no plans to expel Best from the Order and he remains free to call himself a "Brother".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: RC Church Pays Paedophile's Legal Costs...
Quote:The Christian Brothers had spent more than $1.5 million in legal fees on Best, whose victims number in the dozens, according to evidence the order gave to the child abuse royal commission in 2015...

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!??
And how much compensation did the church give his victims?? I'm guessing as minimal as possible/none.
20-02-2017, 06:15 PM
(20-02-2017 06:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The Christian Brothers had spent more than $1.5 million in legal fees on Best, whose victims number in the dozens, according to evidence the order gave to the child abuse royal commission in 2015...

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!??
And how much compensation did the church give his victims?? I'm guessing as minimal as possible/none.

They probably lit a candle, waved some incense around and gave a blessing......

Gee thanks padre -- but I'd rather cash - you sleezeball fuckbag....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-02-2017, 06:28 PM
(20-02-2017 09:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I was both taken aback and disgusted tonight to read that the Roman Catholic church in Australia is paying the legal fees for the defence of one of our country's worst ever paedophiles...

A Victorian judge said evidence the Catholic Church continues to fund the legal defence of one of Australia's worst paedophiles, Robert Charles Best, "just blows me away". On Monday Best, 76, pleaded guilty in the County Court of Victoria to sexually abusing 20 young victims between 1968 and 1988 at schools in Ballarat, Box Hill, Geelong and Moonee Ponds...

The Christian Brothers had spent more than $1.5 million in legal fees on Best, whose victims number in the dozens, according to evidence the order gave to the child abuse royal commission in 2015...

In 2011 the Christian Brother was jailed of a non-parole period of 11 years for abusing 11 other children under his care. In 2015, the Christian Brothers said they would welcome the paedophile back into their ranks upon his release from prison.

—This is yet another example of the hypocrisy of the RC church protecting its own, despite repeated public assurances to the contrary. It's estimated that around 2,000 Catholic priests in Australia are/were paedophiles (in a population of only 24 million).

Despite his crimes, the Christian Brothers administration admitted to Australia's child abuse Royal Commission in 2015 that Robert Best is still accepted by the Christian Brothers as a member of the Order: there were no plans to expel Best from the Order and he remains free to call himself a "Brother".

And yet you are not using racial slurs and demanding all Catholics be deported as you did when 1 Muslim was charged with pedophilia. Wonder what the difference could be?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-02-2017, 06:31 PM
(20-02-2017 06:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 09:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I was both taken aback and disgusted tonight to read that the Roman Catholic church in Australia is paying the legal fees for the defence of one of our country's worst ever paedophiles...

And yet you are not using racial slurs and demanding all Catholics be deported as you did when 1 Muslim was charged with pedophilia. Wonder what the difference could be?

Fuck I am. Deport those cunts. Send them back to the Vatican, send all pedo priests back to the Vatican and then bomb the Vatican.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-02-2017, 07:31 PM
I guess I'd rather have the church pay the defense costs than the taxpayers. I don't know how it works in Australia, though. Would taxpayers be paying the costs of his defense, if the church didn't?

I'll certainly be happy if the church goes broke paying lawyers and settlements.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
20-02-2017, 08:19 PM
(20-02-2017 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck I am. Deport those cunts. Send them back to the Vatican, send all pedo priests back to the Vatican and then bomb the Vatican.

Please do not bomb one of the largest and most splendid treasure trove of human art and history. Just deport them to North Korea and let nature follow its courseTongue.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
20-02-2017, 08:59 PM
(20-02-2017 07:31 PM)julep Wrote:  I guess I'd rather have the church pay the defense costs than the taxpayers. I don't know how it works in Australia, though. Would taxpayers be paying the costs of his defense, if the church didn't?

I'll certainly be happy if the church goes broke paying lawyers and settlements.

I'm not sure, but if the taxpayer did have to pay for this the difference is that the church is currently paying for "the best defence possible". The taxpayer wouldn't be paying $1.5 million. AND if the taxpayer is paying it falls under the rights of all citizens to representation. It would be more holding up with the values of Australia, human rights and all that, than 'defending a paedophile'. It would be one of those things that we as a society do because it's the benefit of society that we do it.

The church paying this much money to represent this guy, it comes across, especially with their history in this matter, that they're supporting this guy and the atrocities he committed. Especially after he pleading guilty.

There is a difference between the taxpayer paying for it and a 'private' entity paying for it.

There's also the side that the catholic church swindles (because that's what it is) money out of people. That's how it gets its money, and how many of these people would be pleased to know that their money is going towards defending this man?

Read the article. It's clearly an old pedophile boys club and they're trying to protect each other. It's fucking disgusting.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
20-02-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 10:01 PM by cactus.)
Sounds like the Vatican and its slimy tendrils are full of some bad hombres.
But really, what else would you expect from an organization that's been such a blatantly sleazy cash grab from the start?
I've heard a few theories about the Roman Catholic Church being the mark of the beast. I think they may be on to something there Consider

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-02-2017, 11:54 PM
I don't know why anyone would financially support the Catholic Church, even Christians. It's beyond all doubt that it's a corrupt criminal organization, and this has been the case for a long time.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post