RCC, pedophilia and celibacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: RCC, pedophilia and celibacy
(19-01-2015 10:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's about time someone said it. Dodgy

Wow! That means I have been hiding this information for decades, damn I should have given it them, I have known that long ago! Men who are institutionally deprived of sex and they are put in the area of authority with boys, they turn to fuck those boys! Maybe I would have become a millionaire with that finding, damn low self esteem, look now the Ausies will take the credit!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 11:23 AM
(20-01-2015 03:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 01:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually, I'm skeptical about this.

I suspect the number of cases may have gone down recently as public opinion has been voiced with greater volume.

Instead, there has probably been an increase in the number of reported cases.

... which is actually a positive thing.

Sort of like how there isn't necessarily more people now who have become autistic or that there has been a rise in the rate of autistic children (cue ridiculous anti-vaccination conspiracy theory), but rather the recognition of and broadening of the definition has simply increased the number of people that otherwise previously would not have been identified as part of the autism spectrum disorder. Consider

I read somewhere that atheists are more likely to have autistic children, and autistic people are almost certain to be atheist... Didn't verify it, but 4 atheists I know IRL have autistic kids, and only 2 xtians i know have autistic kids. Not saying its true, but if it were true, it could be an allowance by our society being more nurturing to people who are outside the status quo. I bet atheists were less likely to procreate previously. But who the fuck really knows.
20-01-2015, 01:24 PM
(19-01-2015 10:09 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  This just in, water is wet and the sky is blue ...

According to a new investigation, clerical celibacy may be one of the factors to have contributed to the increase in cases of child sex abuse within the Roman Catholic Church. The Truth Justice and Healing Council in Australia recently released a 40-page-activity report, which links pedophilia to celibacy for the first time ever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...abuse.html

I'm not buying it. Pedophilia, like adult rape, is not about sex. It's about dominance and control. Therefore, it makes no sense that celibacy would be related. If anything, the vow of celibacy was just one more thing for pedophiles to hide behind. I don't trust the Catholic church to report anything on itself accurately either.

My guess is that a lot of pedophiles chose to enter the priesthood because, years ago, no one would ever have suspected a priest of such deplorable conduct. In addition, there are ample opportunities where priests are alone with children, especially altar boys. The icing on the cake was that, even when caught, the Catholic church wouldn't do anything about it.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-01-2015, 04:15 PM
(19-01-2015 10:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's about time someone said it. Dodgy

No. It's been said for centuries.

It's about time that somebody admitted it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
22-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't understand parents leaving their children alone with any Catholic priest. Hell that's as bad as dropping you kid off at Neverland Ranch. I wouldn't trust a stranger with my child no matter what he claims to be.

I think the worst of humanity runs to religion because they fear the person they are. Unfortunately religion can't even come close to fixing what's wrong with them. The only thing that can fix a pedophile is a 45 caliber slug.
25-01-2015, 02:05 PM
LOL When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about my school. Rogue Community College lol. Thank goodness.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post