RE: "What do you want in a President?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Long overdue response to Seth's "What do you want in a President?" video.

http://www.bornagainanarchist.com/2012/1...president/

I'd really appreciate some feedback; particularly from Seth; but from one and all in truth.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: RE: "What do you want in a President?"
welcome to the forum. Seth very rarely visits the forum unfortunatly.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info. FSM_scot.

I posted it everywhere I could think of for him to see... FB, youtube, twitter, here... hopefully he'll give it a look and get back to me. As mentioned, I'd appreciate others' input as well.

Best wishes,

Jonathan
10-10-2012, 09:42 PM
My ideal president would call an emergency govt meeting the first day in office. He would force every single person in the state and federal govt show up at the white house, and then proceed to blow the white house straight to hell.

After that, he would create a new government.
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I want the impossible: a person not rulled by an ego motivated to exert power and control.

How does someone get to the point where they believe they are the only person for the job. It's like god; I'm suspecious.
11-10-2012, 01:08 AM
(11-10-2012 12:40 AM)depat Wrote:  How does someone get to the point where they believe they are the only person for the job. It's like god; I'm suspecious.

A colossal ego and not enough people to lay into it with chainsaws every now and then to keep it in check, that's how. Treat an ego like you would a bush, cut that fucker down every so often, or the damn thing will be all over the place.

As for the response, not bad.

I'll just say my parting words now for that part.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-10-2012, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 01:44 AM by Dark Light.)
Number one quality. Honesty.

If we get a president that is honest the other qualities don't matter as much because we can hold the accountable for the actions and words. We will know if we disagree with him/her, we will know how he/she truly feels, and won't be fed misleading information non-stop. After that I would say someone who doesn't want power, someone who thinks freedom is more important than trying to fix social problems, someone who understands Austrian Economics, someone who requests consent from the proper powers before heading into war, someone who seeks to treat people equally, someone who isn't religious, someone who is intelligent, someone who is a good diplomat, someone who is willing to listen to all reasonable solutions, someone who can recognize their biases and inadequacy, someone will to concede that they could be wrong. Someone that who truly wants peace, and avoids conflict when possible. I think that should be a pretty good start.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
(10-10-2012 09:42 PM)Diablo Wrote:  After that, he would create a new government.

Write the new constitution, and I assure you will be well respected, and will not be obligated to fulfilling any duties.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
11-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
15-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Someone who is willing to fail a lie detector test. We all know there are people out there that lie so well, they could pass even when lying. We need someone to come along and be willing to not only be strapped into a lie detector, but also be asked anything. He/she is bound to have the urge to lie about something. It is from the lies that are told we can truly see what kind of person they are. For instance, are they lying to protect themselves or a friend of theirs, or are they trying to protect the country?